NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one wgreenie with 1,146 posts (808 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 108 posts (161 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 52 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 monpere with 40 posts (86 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one monpere with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cory with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 wgreenie with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 321,373 views
    2. thumb_up 1,621 thanks given
    3. group 83 followers
    1. forum 1,776 posts
    2. attach_file 876 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 1,258
Thanks Received: 1,203

bluemele View Post
Beth,

Something you may want to do is record your sessions. I use HyperCam2 (FREE, except don't click ok to install the toolbar thingie) and it will record multiple screens in AVI format. The files are quite large, but with a headset and Mic, I am able to hear myself perform.

Maybe you already do this, but if you don't, this is great for hearing your voice and any emotions or words that you can't believe you are saying when you go live. It has helped me immensely as my wife would tell me that I was kussing up a storm and I would say, "Nuh uh!"...

I would say, "You gotta be f-in kidding me!" --- BEING A VICTIM!

But, I wouldn't even recall it at all until I heard the recordings! haha..

Hi Bluemele

Thanks for your kind suggestion. I estimate that most of you may think I am a tweety bird .. I have not been talking to myself when I was in a sim or real trade .. not even a word. Recording did come to my mind .. mainly for educational purposes. I now have HyperCom2 on my notebook for my future consideration. Thanks.

Oh, dialogue in my petite head does not count!? Or occasional mumbling .. haha ..

Beth

Good Trading is about Trading Right!
Want What the Market Wants!
Trade With the Trend!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Will share an update on my set up (there's an unexpected twist) and trade performance tomorrow. So far I have been encountering charts and Static SuperDom frozen issues on-and-off. Occasionally I had to log out Ninja. Have some of you experienced the same? Will it be data feed related say ZenFire or Ninja? Appreciate any tips to fix and/or safeguard it!

I can still go online visiting Google etc so it's not Internet connection I think. Yet the frozen issues alert me that I cannot do live trades .. sigh ..

Have a Successful day.

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
 steve2222 
Auckland, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Whatever moves in my timezone
Thanks Given: 3,379
Thanks Received: 1,540

wgreenie View Post
Will share an update on my set up (there's an unexpected twist) and trade performance tomorrow. So far I have been encountering charts and Static SuperDom frozen issues on-and-off. Occasionally I had to log out Ninja. Have some of you experienced the same? Will it be data feed related say ZenFire or Ninja? Appreciate any tips to fix and/or safeguard it!

I can still go online visiting Google etc so it's not Internet connection I think. Yet the frozen issues alert me that I cannot do live trades .. sigh ..

Have a Successful day.

Beth

Beth,

Have a look at my post #15 in this thread - sounds like the same issue ie your broadband connection - does your ISP 'manage' the data with your connection plan.

Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

steve2222 View Post
Beth,

Have a look at my post #15 in this thread - sounds like the same issue ie your broadband connection - does your ISP 'manage' the data with your connection plan.

Big Big Thank You to you Steve for your prompt sharing. I have been emailing back-and-forth with NJ Customer Service this morning. Followed his suggestion to remove all files from the database and workspace folders though the frozen issue persists. His last suggestion was to delete NJ and re-install. I am very reluctant to perform the same even he said I should do a back-up first.

After reading your post, estimate that NJ re-installation will not work. Instead, I am going to have just 2 charts and 1 SuperDom up (no Gmail etc etc running) and hopefully will minimize the frozen issue.

Regarding our Internet data plan, we have been receiving a few warning letters from the vendor since Aug. Even there's no cap limit mentioned in the agreement, they said we're considered to be a heavy user and threaten to minimize or suspend our service. The equipment we've been using since Jul is a new technology .. target customers are the business people on the road requiring Internet access for presentation. Not much we can do here as other Internet tools/systems (such as external modem and satellite) have not been working well in this neighborhood .. very poor and regular disconnection.

Beth (grateful for the tips)

Trade With the Trend!
 soumi71 
Toronto

Trading: CL , 6E
Thanks Given: 760
Thanks Received: 275

You may look at this too Beth :
"We have identified an issue with the underlying API used to implement the Zen-Fire 64-bit adapter. We advise any non US user not to use the 64-bit Zen-Fire connection until further notice.

Impacted:

- NinjaTrader 7 users
- Non US users of 64-bit Zen-Fire connection

Implications:

- Possible rejected orders due to invalid stop price formatting
- If an order is rejected, users will no longer be able to connect to their account (both 32-bit or 64-bit) for the current trading session

NinjaTrader 7 Zen-Fire 64-bit Known Issue - [AUTOLINK]NinjaTrader[/AUTOLINK] Support Forum

"Risk more than others think safe.
Dream more than others think practical.
Expect more than others think possible.
Care more than others think wise"
Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Thanks for your patience .. Here it comes my weekly recap on TF live trade(s):

Mon to Thu: Nil
Fri: 1 winner of 2 ticks

Net after commission: $15.99

You will notice from the enclosed that should I stay in the trade, PT 5 would be hit. I chose to exit with 2 ticks when the OB/OS oscillator went against me .. only 1 tick shy from my SL 6. In short, I'm happy with the way I managed the trade.

Remember I mentioned an unexpected twist of set-up in my earlier post. I got a very nice surprise last Fri. A trading friend offered to share his commercial set-up with me. I went through his system for a few times over the weekend. At the first glance, I was skeptical as it's extremely simple, ie some MAs to identify the trend, an osc indicator for Overbought and Oversold, and Buy at HL and Sell at LH. Suggested PT/SL around 5-6 with the second contract at 10 or as a runner (adjust SL to +2 when the first PT is hit).

I had his simple set up (with some slight modifications from my side) on Mon together with mine (4R and 8R). I was able to do 3 sim trades making over 20 ticks within the first hour. Sorry that I got side-tracked from my own system as his is extremely simple. You can guess what I like most other than its simplicity! Yes, it's the comfortable SL of 5-6 ticks + very often I will be able to exit B/E or 1-2 ticks when the osc indicator gives me a warning. Here it comes a short weekly recap on the new set-up:

Mon 3 winners (+20 ticks)
Tue 2 winners and 2 losers (BE)
Wed 3 winners (+20 ticks)
Thu 2 winners and 1 loser (+12 ticks)
Fri No sim trade as I focussed on placing a live trade to end the week! I did mark them (per enclosed) when I was waiting for the release of the 10:00 am news.

I am very grateful for my friend's generous sharing. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to disclose the exact details. Else the cat will get out of the bag LOL!

Starting next Mon, I will be using the simplified set-up to trade live.

1. Trade Instrument: Mostly TF (may throw in occasional 6E as the system is designed for the same)

2. Contract Size: 1-contract trades for the first week (to be advanced to occasional 2-contract ones in a week or two)

3. PT/SL @5-6 (will adjust them when the osc indicator indicates trend reversal)

4. No of Trades/Day: 1-3

5. Trading Time: 9:40 am to 11:30 am (SOH 10-15 minutes before and after high-priority news)

I will report my progress on a weekly basis.

Have a Nice day/Relaxing weekend everyone!

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TF 5 Nov Live Trade.JPG
Views:	244
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	25374   Click image for larger version

Name:	Simple Set Up.JPG
Views:	304
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	25375  
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

For TF, I only spotted a good signal around 9:39 am and it's too early for me .. sigh .. While waiting for a high probability signal, I've been practising my newly learned "divergence" skill this morning. Did notice a few .. still rusty and it's not in my system yet.

6E is more trade-able and I did 3 sim trades. For the first two, I chose to exit for 4 ticks (not the predetermined 5) when it struggled around my PT area. For the last one, I moved SL to BE and let it work harder to reach PT 5 and it did.

45 minutes to go and let's see if I may spot a good TF signal. If not, I will be patient and wait for tomorrow .. smile ..

Have a Successful day/week.

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	6E Sim Trade Log 8 Nov.JPG
Views:	253
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	25465  
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

No real trades yesterday yet all my 6E sim trades (6 1-contract trades) were all profitable totalling 25 ticks. This morning I stayed with TF as my primary trading instrument. Eagerness was not good ... I forgot .. + not paying enough attention to the osc indicator and missed the warning. Instead, I chose to enter (late entry) thinking I had a better risk/reward ratio (planned to have a 4-tick SL cushion and not 6). Well, you can tell from the enclosed journal that I did not stick with my plan for the TF trade. Got stopped out. It's not about the additional 2 losing ticks and more on my poor trade management esp the wrong move to enter.

I was quite upset as all subsequent signals (on both TF and 6E) I spotted were all profitable though I chose not to trade sim or real. I doubted my competence .. it's not system-related and it's me!

After a 1.5 hours emotional turmoil, I spotted a good 6E signal. I asked Nelson if I should place a second trade now that the first one was a loser. You can guess his response!? He highly recommended my going ahead as he still has 1,000,000,..% confidence in me. Making a few mistakes here and there is part of a learning curve. Soooo, here I came. I regained all losing 6 TF ticks though the extra $2.50 is not enough for paying the commission. IMHO it's a very very reasonable cost to learn some big lessons (per enclosed).

I tried the NJ journal. Not sure if it will stay in the system as I continue adding more entries. Will find out.

My Next Move:

1. Focus on 6E only (no TF chart). Almost all my 6E sim trades have been profitable since last Monday (over 95%). I also learned from some trading friends that they turned profitable upon switching from ES/YM/TF to 6E.

2. Trading Hours: 9:00 am to 11:45 am (SOH 10 minutes before and after the US market opens/priority news)

Note: I will probably stop after 1-2 winners until I have a bigger heart.

Let's hope more Happy & Successful ticks will come your way and my way .. haha ..

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	9 Nov Journal.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	25534  
Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

I notice my Tue journal entry is not in the system anymore. Well, at least I have it in this thread.

I did 2 trades this morning and both winners. Here it comes a crispy recap:

1. First one was a smooth sail with 5 ticks in the account within a minute. Did take some heat and SL almost got hit during retracement. Glad that the cushion was within the logical SL 1 tick above/below.

2. Second one did not have the strength to reach 5 (4 instead). I adjusted PT to +1 and got stopped out.

Note: Before the second trade, I missed 2 signals when my 2 charts/SuperDom were frozen .. sigh .. I have no other applications running except NJ. Let's hope it will get better.

I'm happy with my performance.

1) I followed my plan.

2) I did not get very upset when the charts/SuperDom were frozen. Instead, I waited patiently for their recovery. (Got worse if I was not impatient, say NJ would kick me out (not responding message) and had to start all over again.)

3) Emotion-wise .. felt quite calm and monitored the OB/OS osc/price bar for a warning.

Will do better as I am more experienced with live trading .. Happy & Successful ticks everyone!

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	10 Nov.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	25563  
Thanked by:

spx_tdr 
Detroit

Platform: market delta, multicharts, no matter how hard i try not too, i still use ninjatrader
Broker: amp/zen
Trading: cl,6e,nq,tf
Thanks Given: 268
Thanks Received: 27

Hello Greenie, Still going strong I see - Good stuff!!! - Was wondering if you has the ZIP for the HH LL HL LH that is on a chart just above that you posted.. I tried to find it in the search area but it did not come up... Thanks for you time.

Follow me on Twitter

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 21, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts