NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one wgreenie with 1,146 posts (808 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 108 posts (161 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 52 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 monpere with 40 posts (86 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one monpere with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cory with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 wgreenie with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 320,355 views
    2. thumb_up 1,621 thanks given
    3. group 83 followers
    1. forum 1,776 posts
    2. attach_file 876 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

cory 
virginia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

wgreenie View Post
I...

You can tell they're mostly volume or trend-related indicators. ..

Beth

bottom line, a) vol increases and price advances (up/down) = normal nothing to worry about.
b) vol increases and price doesnt advance = abnormal, time to pay attention.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 1,258
Thanks Received: 1,203

Fat Tails View Post
Hi Beth,

no enlightenment here. I am currently looking at different types of overnight ranges, just trying to identify what makes sense. I am not a savant, just putting up this question.

If I look at the different sessions, this is what comes to my mind:

4:15 PM to 6:00 PM Est After-Session, influenced by US news releases after the close
6:00 PM to 1:00 PM Est Asian Session, starts with Tokyo Open
1:00 AM to 7:00 AM Est European Session, influenced by European markets, starts with Eurex Open
7:00 AM to 9:30 AM Est Pre-Session, influences by US news releases and expectations

Your values come from all four sessions. The question is whether you look at European Session and Pre-Session separately.

For today this made sense, as the European Session low was an important pivot which acted as resistance, see chart attached. The pre-session only anticipated some of the price action which took place after the open.

Thanks Fat Tails for your prompt enlightenment! Yes, it's definitely an enlightenment for me and your tips are eye-opening .. I don't know about them until now. I have written them down on my VI log + will study the chart, ie will try to prepare one matching yours to better understand the sessions. At this point, not 100% clear ..

Oh, a quick question please. When reading different threads/posts, I came across a trade idea "AsianBox Breakout Trade". Draw horizontal lines at High and Low of the Asian Session (between 3:00 am and 4:30 am EST) and trade in the direction of the box break. Appreciate your experience on the same please. Thank you in advance.

Beth

Good Trading is about Trading Right!
Want What the Market Wants!
Trade With the Trend!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

cory View Post
bottom line, a) vol increases and price advances (up/down) = normal nothing to worry about.
b) vol increases and price doesnt advance = abnormal, time to pay attention.

Thanks Cory for your tips. I notice you're the creator of many .. many volume indicators (incl many other kinds). I've to confess that I have a "Big" head trying to understand most of them. Right now I will stay with the Volume Stop one which is almost the only one that I understand .. sigh ..

Oh, regarding volume increases, do you compare the existing one with the previous bar? If not, will you mind giving me a crispy education session please?

When I tripped over some amazing indicators, I used to be really overwhelmed (lots of excitement). Now I simply realize my ignorance for not understanding most of them .. certainly will not benefit from their addition to the charts except for a "more beautiful" appearance.

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

With more practice, I'm getting close to identify my preferred trading time incl when NOT to trade. 2 more with the last (third) one breaking the 595.70 Resistance while the second one aligned with Method 1. Will stay with 12 ticks (first trade) for the official record since 1 1-contract trade/day is the guideline.

Now I will tackle some non-trading issues before studying Fat Tail's chart and prepare my version .. smile ..

Continue enjoying your day.

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2 more practice opps.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	19068   Click image for larger version

Name:	TF 09-10  8_24_2010 (15 RangeAlt).jpg
Views:	191
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	19069  

cory 
virginia

wgreenie View Post
Oh, regarding volume increases, do you compare the existing one with the previous bar? I..

Beth

yes, I don't have any complicated formula or hard to follow theory for example since I wake up at 7 Am NY time every day, my over night range is always from 4:15pm previous day til 9:30 am today for any kind of contract.

Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

cory View Post
yes, I don't have any complicated formula or hard to follow theory for example since I wake up at 7 Am NY time every day, my over night range is always from 4:15pm previous day til 9:30 am today for any kind of contract.

That's a Swift and Crispy education session .. Thanks Cory! Oh, simple enough for me to understand LOL!

Beth

Trade With the Trend!

scorp 
Hartford, CT

Platform: Ensign, Sierra Chart
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 103
Thanks Received: 31

Beth

Thank you for your fantastic journal and your super positive perspective.

Trading can be a lonely endeavor, but there is some comfort in knowing that we all share experiences and similar journeys on our path to millions.

Keep up the great work. I hope to start my journal in the near future.

My best,
Dennis

Thanked by:

cory 
virginia

wgreenie View Post
That's a Swift and Crispy education session .. Thanks Cory! Oh, simple enough for me to understand LOL!

Beth

you build your own universe so that you can rule it. example CANSLIM people build their CANSLIM universe any thing outside their universe just doesnt exist.

Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

cory View Post
you build your own universe so that you can rule it. example CANSLIM people build their CANSLIM universe any thing outside their universe just doesnt exist.

More goodies from Cory .. haha .. I just google CANSLIM and will read the following once I recover from my "research" overdose:

Stock-Picking Strategies: CAN SLIM

Beth (grateful)

Trade With the Trend!

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,102

wgreenie View Post
Thanks Fat Tails for your prompt enlightenment! Yes, it's definitely an enlightenment for me and your tips are eye-opening .. I don't know about them until now. I have written them down on my VI log + will study the chart, ie will try to prepare one matching yours to better understand the sessions. At this point, not 100% clear ..

Oh, a quick question please. When reading different threads/posts, I came across a trade idea "AsianBox Breakout Trade". Draw horizontal lines at High and Low of the Asian Session (between 3:00 am and 4:30 am EST) and trade in the direction of the box break. Appreciate your experience on the same please. Thank you in advance.

Beth

OK. Have never heard about that Asian Box before. But this is what it is all about:

Volatility during the Asian session is generally low. European markets wake up at around 8:00 CET (Central European Time). This is the opening of EUREX and the London Forex Market. When these markets open you can trade an opening range breakout.

The Asian Box concept can not be applied to US Index Futures, because American markets are still sleepign at that time. In the early morning you would rather want to trade FDAX or FESX, because volatility is higher. The Asian Box concept is best suited for trading the EURUSD, GBPUSD and USDCHF or the currency futures 6E, 6B and 6S. For obvious reasons these are not traded in Asia. Volatility picks up after 8:00 CET, but still remains moderate. The highest volatility for the currency pairs will be found during the New York / London overlap, which is shortly after the New York open.

You also can trade Asian Box breakouts with CL, as the International Petroleum Exchange in London (now part of ICE) has oil futures (Brent Crude, Gasoil) trading. There is no major oil exchange in Asia.

Session time for Asian session: from the New York Close until 2:00 AM EST.

Below is a chart for 6E that shows the Asian boxes and the volatility breakouts, which occur afterwards. Sometimes you have to wait a few hours for the breakout to occur. Also note the false breakouts.

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 21, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts