NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one wgreenie with 1,146 posts (808 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 108 posts (161 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 52 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 monpere with 40 posts (86 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one monpere with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cory with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 wgreenie with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 321,756 views
    2. thumb_up 1,621 thanks given
    3. group 83 followers
    1. forum 1,776 posts
    2. attach_file 876 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

David_R 
San Jose, Ca
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Something moving
Thanks Given: 2,335
Thanks Received: 2,524

wgreenie View Post
Hi David

My heartfelt thanks for marking up the chart. I now understand how to stay longer and wait for a close below the MA or trail a stop using the close of each bar.

When I tried to figure out the logic behind the green/red arrows (indicate potential entry I believe), I came across an aggressive entry suggestion, ie 50% of the length of BC. It happened to match your suggested entry 1096 (C 1094.25 + 1/2*(B 1097.75 - C 1094.25)). Do I get it right? Or you have a different method in getting the suggested entry price? If yes, hope you will enlighten me again. Thank you!

On my notes, ABC breakout trades = price has to break out or down point B .. the safer/conservative approach.

Beth (Just came back from a drive to the Swan Lake, visited Organic Garage (lots of organic goodies at bargain prices) and a quick Vietnamese lunch.)

Beth,

yes, I think 50% of BC may be valid. I was eyeballing an entry. I think you can use the system based on what perry defines. I was just trying to give suggestions on a more aggressive target. I think the AB=CD is a very common pattern. Also if you are with the trend of a higher time frame you have that on your side as well. I marked up a chart with optional entries such as a trendline break, break of symmetry as well. if you need additional info on what I mean about symmetry break let me know.

D

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bethchart2.png
Views:	182
Size:	314.9 KB
ID:	17866  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 1,258
Thanks Received: 1,203

David_R View Post
Beth,

yes, I think 50% of BC may be valid. I was eyeballing an entry. I think you can use the system based on what perry defines. I was just trying to give suggestions on a more aggressive target. I think the AB=CD is a very common pattern. Also if you are with the trend of a higher time frame you have that on your side as well. I marked up a chart with optional entries such as a trendline break, break of symmetry as well. if you need additional info on what I mean about symmetry break let me know.

D

Hi David

Thanks for the additional entry tips. Oh, I'm very embarrassed to disclose that I don't know how to draw trendlines (sort of connecting 2 points together .. then I got lost within seconds .. ooooo ) .. symmetry has been all over the place and I have no clue as at this point .. head starts spinning ..

I will stay with Perry's entry rules and occasional 50% of BC. Trendlines and symmetry are on my Learning list .. will get there .. haha ..

Beth (grateful)

Good Trading is about Trading Right!
Want What the Market Wants!
Trade With the Trend!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
 mizzoutrader 
Kansas City, MO

Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 10

Hi Beth. I am new to the website, so please bear with my questions. I really appreciate all of the information you are providing in this thread. It has been very helpful to me. I have not been able to go through all 90 pages yet, but could you (or have you already) provide some more information on the trade setups in your trading plan: EMA Method 1, 4 Range Setup, MP 30 minute, and CCI 5 minute. Any information you could provide about these would be much appreciated. Thanks.

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

mizzoutrader View Post
Hi Beth. I am new to the website, so please bear with my questions. I really appreciate all of the information you are providing in this thread. It has been very helpful to me. I have not been able to go through all 90 pages yet, but could you (or have you already) provide some more information on the trade setups in your trading plan: EMA Method 1, 4 Range Setup, MP 30 minute, and CCI 5 minute. Any information you could provide about these would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks for visiting my thread Mizzoutrader. To better understand the 4-Range set up, please visit Perry's Platform:

Methods 1 and 2 (entry rules) are on Post Nos 71 and 72 on Page 8. It's a 39-page thread and I highly recommend your going through it at least once before sim-trading the set up. Perry has been very generous in sharing his set ups with us (he has been using it to trade live). Simply prepare a post in his thread for any questions you may have. He's been extremely supportive/responsive and you'll be in good hands. Enjoy!

Note: You will find the Market Profile indicator from the Downloads section. To understand the CCI set up, please visit Jeff's CCI thread.

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
 mizzoutrader 
Kansas City, MO

Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 10

Thanks Beth. I appreciate all of the great information.

David_R 
San Jose, Ca
Legendary Market Wizard

Beth,

Not intended to confuse you, but a quick symmetry lesson. I would stick with what you know and what you are comfortable with, but i wanted to pass this on because it sounds more complicated than it is. By the way, many times you get the same result doing something a different way. What I mean is whether you use rules, a trend line break or whatever, many times it gives you the same result.

Here is a link on trend lines. Also, no need to complicate. Basically drawing lines between points. Trend lines can be horizontal as well such as a double top or a horizontal channel.

Incredible Charts: Trendlines

David

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sym lesson chart 1.png
Views:	154
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	17869   Click image for larger version

Name:	sym lesson chart 2.png
Views:	141
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	17870   Click image for larger version

Name:	sym lesson chart 3.png
Views:	157
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	17871  
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Since David "liked" our earlier goofy photos, we made the following album as our "thank you" gift to him .. smile ..

Note: They're taken by "it" again Zoe!

We're now going for a short tandem bike ride before my Market Replay exercise.

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Enclosed VPOCs in bold (Top 1128.50 and Bottom 1119.00) are based on today's Close @1121.50.

Have a lab appointment early in the morning .. always the case after meeting the family Dr for a bi-annual physical exam. Will be back around 10:00 am .. just in time after the 10:00 am news .. smile ..

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Premarket Homework for 3 Aug Tue.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	17884  

David_R 
San Jose, Ca
Legendary Market Wizard

wgreenie View Post
Since David "liked" our earlier goofy photos, we made the following album as our "thank you" gift to him .. smile ..

Note: They're taken by "it" again Zoe!

We're now going for a short tandem bike ride before my Market Replay exercise.

Beth

I love'em!

Firewood in the summer? Is that your backyard? looks like a football field.

D

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

David_R View Post
I love'em!

Firewood in the summer? Is that your backyard? looks like a football field.

D

Glad that you "like" the album. Yes, the wood pieces are reserved for winter. We have a woodstove to warm up the house (900') and not heating system. We're definitely very environmental friendly LOL!

We bought the land in early 2009 .. Nelson's dream for years and our former neighbor finally sold it to him .. smile.

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 21, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts