NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one wgreenie with 1,146 posts (808 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 108 posts (161 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 52 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 monpere with 40 posts (86 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one monpere with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cory with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 wgreenie with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 321,490 views
    2. thumb_up 1,621 thanks given
    3. group 83 followers
    1. forum 1,776 posts
    2. attach_file 876 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 1,258
Thanks Received: 1,203

David_R View Post
Beth,

you say you do a market profile study on the ES. I see you post VPOC and the IB etc. Have you looked at how your levels end up playing out? In other words, did the levels act as areas of support or resistance that you could trade against? Today you said that 1068 was hit and that was near the days high, wasn't it? Just something to consider.

By the way, I like your goofy pictures.

D

Hi David

When I was trading ES, Open (whether it's within or outside the previous day's Value Area) will give me an idea IF I should be looking for Short/Long or a balanced market (using the 80% Rule strategy). I used the VPOCs (incl the current one after the first hour) to detect acceptance or rejection (Fade the Extreme set up). Those are reference points and when price is getting close to one, I would look for an ideal entry using 4-Range.

Since I've switched to CL, I am not trading ES anymore. Once I get more comfy with my trading career, I have the option to trade ES while waiting for the release of the crude oil report OR between 3:00 pm and 3:45 pm (last hour). Am continuing with the MP practice as it gives me an idea on the market. For example, the width of the Value Area, position compare to the former ones, and number of single prints.

For the record, my Market Profile analysis is very simple and will not qualify to be labelled "study". Yours definitely is!

Beth (Now you confirm our photos are "goofy". Well, that's how to stay "youthful" .. haha ..)

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
45 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Price currently trades at 1054.50 (almost 10 points below yesterday's Close @1064.25).

Overnight High and Low as at 9:00 am are 1066.75 and 1050.75 respectively.

Top VPOC 1063.50
Bottom VPOC 1039.50

Have a Successful day.

Beth

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Premarket Homework for 20 Jul Tue.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	17241  
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Initial Balance: 1061.00 - 1053.00 (8 points)
Value Area as at 10:45 am: 1059.50 - 1057.00 - 1055.00 (4.5 points)
Price opened @1053.25
Today's High and Low as at 10:45 am: 1061.75 and 1053.00
VPOCs: Top 1063.50 and Bottom VPOC 1039.50
Overnight High and Low: 1066.75 and 1050.75

Narrow range so far and Mr Market will likely rotate either Up or Down to extend it LOL!

Beth

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ES 09-10  7_20_2010 (30 Min).jpg
Views:	123
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	17242  
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

I had a beautiful Inside Bar trade (complemented by Shodson's new "good" IB indicator) and I made it a 2-contract one. Both PTs (24 ticks total) were hit within 2 minutes .. minimal heat LOL!

I ran my TF strategy live today. Unfortunately, the system did not accept its first trade (when the sim one has been performing normal for over 2 months?!!) and order got rejected. Sooooo ... until I can resolve the rejection myth (did knock at NJ door and still I do not know how to get around it yet), I will not be able to do live.

Back to semi-auto .. surprise .. surprise .. it did trigger a second trade (very rarely). I got in and took lots of heat .. only 2 ticks shy from my 20 SL. (Oh, my sim strategy (put it back on) did get stopped out.) I stayed in the trade as all indicators aligned with the Long. The CCI chart (up) has kept me in as well. Finally got my 10 ticks after 15+ minutes.

Emotion: I was prepared to be stopped out. Numbed fingers and light-headedness .. kept clapping my hands to release the tension. My petite heart did not race (good sign?).

This morning has been my "jackpot" one! Certainly more to come.

There's a second Inside Bar at 11:00 am which I did not take. Why?

1. I am very happy with my 34 ticks!
2. It's an orange "bad" IB based on the new indicator. It's way above the upper Keltner. Ended up a profitable trade though lots of of heat.

I'm done for today. Will spend the remaining trading hours resolving my strategy myth (error message per enclosed) and more review on the new IB indicator. If you have tips on solving the order rejection, please drop me a line. Thank you.

Beth

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL Inside Bar Trade 20 Jul.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	17245   Click image for larger version

Name:	TF PASwing Trade 20 Jul.JPG
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	17246   Click image for larger version

Name:	TFStrategyError.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	17247  
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Well, I did not stay with my earlier plan and traded the Inside Bar completed at noon. It's supposed to be a good IB. Got 1-tick slippage for getting in and it went against me throughout and full stop got hit. Now will keep 9 ticks for the day.

Post-trading review: At the beginning, the CCIs were aligned with the Long and then started hooking down. Maybe it's a good sign to exit. Lesson learned.

If I trade in the afternoon, maybe it's considered to be Revenge trading as I certainly want to have my ticks back. Well, .. ..

Beth

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL Inside Bar Trade 20 Jul Noon.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	17249  

shodson 
OC, California, USA
Quantoholic

Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB/TWS, NinjaTrader, ToS
Broker: IB, ToS, Kinetick
Trading: stocks, options, futures, VIX
Thanks Given: 533
Thanks Received: 3,709

wgreenie View Post
I had a beautiful Inside Bar trade (complemented by Shodson's new "good" IB indicator) and I made it a 2-contract one. Both PTs (24 ticks total) were hit within 2 minutes .. minimal heat LOL!

At least SOMEONE is making money with my stuff Glad to hear it. By the way, don't take "good" or "bad" too literally. I haven't proven which ones are good or bad, I just put in some filters I thought were worth considering. Maybe I shouldn't use "bad", rather, "be careful".

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:
Panda
VA

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 4

Great Journal Beth. Congrats on doing excellently!

Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Remember the afternoon session runs between 1:00 pm and 2:15 pm.

Since I had a full stop around lunch, I said "the second time" that I am done for the day and keep the remaining 9 ticks. Well, an Inside Bar was formed right at 1:00 pm and one may choose to enter a pair of trades since it's officially back to the trading zone.

Notice the highlighted green dot on the CCI continuation chart! Aligned with the long and its first 8-tick PT got hit easily while it's still working on the second 16-tick PT one (just 2 ticks shy from it right now).

Did I "finally" follow my plan and close for the day?? Yes, I do even it's really tempting to regain some lost ground!

Beth (Disappointed on my not following my plan earlier .. ..)

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL Inside Bar Trade 20 Jul at 1.JPG
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	17250  
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Something off-topic ..

Nelson's friend does not know about investment/stocks. He was with us Sunday afternoon. He came to me and suggested me to buy any gold ETF first thing Monday morning. Then this morning Nelson (who does not know investment and has not purchased his first share as of this moment) mentioned to me that now maybe a good time to buy some stocks. I asked him why? He said he got this recommendation from some economic news advisors on the Internet - free media!!

Two in a row .. from someone who knows nothing about investment .. yet both are influenced by the media or friends and think of picking up some stocks!! Really scary .. because it's telling me that the public may get burned!!

Beth

Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

According to NJ, I only need to change Time in force to Day and the Order Reject issue will be resolved.

Funny that the same strategy running on sim and live environments may behave differently. Will try my luck Friday when there's no important news.

Another side note: "What IF" was in my dreams the whole night long. I am thinking when one is completely into "something", there will not be any "What IFs"!

To execute trades and follow my predetermined trading plan to the dot (with minimal deviation), I need to train myself to accept pre-, during, and post-trade results (incl whatever happen during the course) gracefully.

My No 1 mistake today: Not following my plan!
My No 1 lesson today: Accept a full stop without any attempts to move it! Having said that, I may consider using the two CCIs (hook and going flat) for an early exit OR follow a predetermined SL that I'm comfortable to trade with. Seemed to me that if a trade is working, one does not need to take too much heat. If not, why not exit and wait for another high probability one?!! Time will tell and they're in my mind.

Beth

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	How to resolve the market order issue.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	17251  

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 21, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts