NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one wgreenie with 1,146 posts (808 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 108 posts (161 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 52 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 monpere with 40 posts (86 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one monpere with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cory with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 wgreenie with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 320,355 views
    2. thumb_up 1,621 thanks given
    3. group 83 followers
    1. forum 1,776 posts
    2. attach_file 876 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 1,258
Thanks Received: 1,203

I got lucky this morning. Just closed another CL trade +20 .. 1 contract because I don't want to give my pips back to the market .. Playing safe lol! Soooo, +46 CL pips and 6 6E ones .. haha ..

Beth

Good Trading is about Trading Right!
Want What the Market Wants!
Trade With the Trend!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
60 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

Broker: Mirus, IB
Trading: SPY, Oil, Euro
Thanks Given: 300
Thanks Received: 3,371

wgreenie View Post
I did 1 6E (around 2:00 am) and 1 CL (closed it 2 minutes before US open) so far.

1. 6E went +11 (my PT @12) and I exited +6.
2. CL went +20 (my PT @20 .. not filled) and reversed against my trade -8 max (SL @10). I held on even my fingers were really itchy to close my position when my gains dropped from +18 something to +10 .. +4 .. -6 etc. I ended up closing it +13 when it ran +40 (my PT 20 would be filled) without me. Well, no open position close to market open (one of the rules) .. ..

Even I chose to hold both trades, I still cannot understand the logic behind. Why not go for +10 (for 6E) and +10 (for CL) when pullback/retracement started?! Maybe it's a strategy for one to hold without a PT + it's the last contract when one has already realized some gains for the first batch. Just a myth that I need more time to digest.

Have a Great day everyone!

Beth

I would personally never let a trade that touches my target go back to negative anything. I've seen it happen too many times, especially on the CL. My ATM's are set to do 2 things when my target is touched. First my stop is moved to half of my target. So, for a 20 tick target, touching the target would move my stop to +10. Second, I have a 2 tick Target chase, I let the ATM adjust to take 2 ticks less on my target if price starts to slow down and hesitate after touching my target. I believe in the old adage, never let a winner turn into a loser, especially if it touches my target.

Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

monpere View Post
I would personally never let a trade that touches my target go back to negative anything. I've seen it happen too many times, especially on the CL. My ATM's are set to do 2 things when my target is touched. First my stop is moved to half of my target. So, for a 20 tick target, touching the target would move my stop to +10. Second, I have a 2 tick Target chase, I let the ATM adjust to take 2 ticks less on my target if price starts to slow down and hesitate after touching my target. I believe in the old adage, never let a winner turn into a loser, especially if it touches my target.

Thanks Monpere for your tip. I will definitely learn to set up my Ninja ATM per your suggestion. Will knock at your door if I am unable to program it. Oh, nothing can be done on MT4 lol. Maybe an add-on will work which I have no plan to purchase one.

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

I did 2 more CL trades after my most recent update, ie

1. -4 (Did go +11)
2. +20 (It went further yet I'm happy. I was doing only 1 contract .. having PT hit is great!)

Now my account is back to the green zone!

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
Attached Images

Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

I tried my 6E MP template on CL again. Surprise .. surprise it works today, ie I can see the accu volume lol! Guess I gave it more screen space and it's more legible now .. haha ..

No more trades until I am back in the afternoon. Will focus on 6E then.

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 06-11 (Daily)  4_26_2011 - 5_4_2011.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	37832  
Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

We're back after 3:00 pm EST. No more 6E/CL trades for today. Let's hope I will perform well for the remaining week.

What I did different today?

1. I changed PT/SL to 20/10 (from 15/8) for CL. 6E remains the same, ie PT/SL @10/6.

2. I used Flatten to close a position (found out how it worked .. pressed it real hard). It's more efficient that dragging an existing PT/SL. Then "x" to close all pending orders.

Night-night.

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Here it comes a crispy recap on the 3 CL trades I did this morning:

1. -4 (went +7 and adjusted SL got hit)
2. -10 (I got in 2 pips late (UKNOWME I am always reluctant to place a stop order). It hit my SL 10 before going down 30 pips my direction - gosh!)
3. +1 (went +13 and I adjusted SL to +1. Hit me then resumed my direction .. now +30.)

I did a good move on the first trade because it reversed to the opposite direction after my early exit. SL cushion of 10-20 would get hit. For the second trade, "if" I got in at the suggested entry, my SL would stay intact and it stood a higher chance to be a profitable one. It also depends if I may choose to adjust my SL manually. At least my full stop would not be hit. For the last one, it's a judgement call. I only adjusted my SL to +1! It went 110.76 (my entry @110.74) then back to my direction.

Soooo, my only regret could be the last trade (which I did 2 contracts). If I cashed in +10/+13, I could have regained the lost ground. The morning is still young and I will continue waiting/spotting high probability signals.

Note: I missed 2 good signals (between 8:00 and 8:30 am) before doing my first trade. They're smooth sails esp when I missed taking them lol!

Happy & Successful Ticks everyone. Me2!

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
Attached Images

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

I did a Long seconds ago. They hit my SL 10 before rallying up .. now 20+! This time I placed a buy stop and no slippage. Everything looked good (still) and just that they love hitting my SL and run without me in it!

Now I am seriously thinking if I should adjust my CL SL to 15 (from 10) ... ooooo ..

Beth (sad)

Trade With the Trend!
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Today is a big day for CL (release of the weekly crude oil report). My charts froze minutes before 10:30 am and again after .. now seemed moving. Funny that only the charts froze and not the DOM. I am going to email NT CS and see if they may have a good reason for the frozen issue.

Beth

Trade With the Trend!

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

wgreenie View Post
Today is a big day for CL (release of the weekly crude oil report). My charts froze minutes before 10:30 am and again after .. now seemed moving. Funny that only the charts froze and not the DOM. I am going to email NT CS and see if they may have a good reason for the frozen issue.

Beth

could be your computer can't process large number ticks fast, in my case frozen chart went away after I gave it 3G of memory.

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 21, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts