NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one wgreenie with 1,146 posts (808 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 108 posts (161 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 52 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 monpere with 40 posts (86 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one monpere with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cory with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 wgreenie with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 320,355 views
    2. thumb_up 1,621 thanks given
    3. group 83 followers
    1. forum 1,776 posts
    2. attach_file 876 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Hi Beth,

You can do it. You have to believe in yourself. And you have to set positive forward thinking goals and do them in bite sizes slowly over time.

Close your eyes. Breath deeply. Exhale. Relax. Sit quietly for 60 seconds. Now, with your eyes still closed, picture yourself and your husband in the future. Picture yourself near the end of your lives together. In old age, you have each other, you have love and you have happiness. Now, slowly go backwards in time from this moment and rewind it in your mind back to the present. Make some pit stops along the way, picture yourself every 5 or 10 years. Picture what you are doing. Picture what is making you happy, who is surrounding you, the events of the moment. Picture yourself trading. Picture what it feels like before you start trading each day, during the trading day, and after. Picture how relaxed you are, how good it feels each morning when you wake up. Picture yourself enjoying life. Picture yourself looking forward to placing trades, and picture yourself executing those trades well. Now picture yourself at the end of a trading day, spending time with friends and family, being happy, enjoying life. Look around you, see what is important.

Keep doing this and keep moving backwards in time until you reach the present. Doing this exercise should help you envision your goals and aspirations as a person, and help you feel calm and confident in executing them.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 1,258
Thanks Received: 1,203

Big Mike View Post
Hi Beth,

You can do it. You have to believe in yourself. And you have to set positive forward thinking goals and do them in bite sizes slowly over time.

Close your eyes. Breath deeply. Exhale. Relax. Sit quietly for 60 seconds. Now, with your eyes still closed, picture yourself and your husband in the future. Picture yourself near the end of your lives together. In old age, you have each other, you have love and you have happiness. Now, slowly go backwards in time from this moment and rewind it in your mind back to the present. Make some pit stops along the way, picture yourself every 5 or 10 years. Picture what you are doing. Picture what is making you happy, who is surrounding you, the events of the moment. Picture yourself trading. Picture what it feels like before you start trading each day, during the trading day, and after. Picture how relaxed you are, how good it feels each morning when you wake up. Picture yourself enjoying life. Picture yourself looking forward to placing trades, and picture yourself executing those trades well. Now picture yourself at the end of a trading day, spending time with friends and family, being happy, enjoying life. Look around you, see what is important.

Keep doing this and keep moving backwards in time until you reach the present. Doing this exercise should help you envision your goals and aspirations as a person, and help you feel calm and confident in executing them.

Mike

My heartfelt thanks Mike for the positive forward and backward thinking exercises! I almost forgot about them. I am very fortunate that I came across several innerworks (incl NLP) methods .. and it's time to make use of them. Yes yes yes Positive Thinking/Envisioning is extremely effective and important. Also bearing in mind that our subconscious cannot tell it's our imagination or really happening. She's so Cute haha .. We can easily make her (or him) believe and then without our knowing it's happening!

Correction to my earlier post: Nelson and I are Happy & Healthy now. It's our life goal to continue with this positive lifestyle while sharing our success with more people.

Beth (I forgot to add that my emotion was fine when I was during and after the losing trades this morning. It's a belated recognition and I am surprised .. haha ..)

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Beth,

Happy Birthday!!

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

futurestrader1 
New York City, USA

Trading: ES, CL, 6E
Thanks Given: 81
Thanks Received: 42

Happy B-day Beth..........Go you Cancerian!

Thanked by:

ZTR 

Platform: NinjaTrader7
Broker: Mirus RCG/Zen-Fire
Trading: CL & 6e, looking at ES, ZB and AU again.
Thanks Given: 1,099
Thanks Received: 1,393

Hi Beth,

Hope you had a great B'day.

As someone who just went back to live trading I can see subtle differences in my willingness to click the entry button between real and sim. Have been striving for them to be exactly the same and this week fell a little short.

Seems the same thing happened to you? [COLOR=#0066cc]https://nexusfi.com/journals-daily-charts-[AUTOLINK]tape[/AUTOLINK]-reading/4183-three-set-ups-48.html#post49967[/COLOR]

Because the answer to this question is the next step to becoming a consistently profitable trader.
  • Meaning you act on all of your signals without second guessing yourself.
  • Accepting the risk of the trade.
  • If wrong, admit it sooner rather than later.
  • Resetting with no emotional attachment to the last trade (profitable or not).
For me, it means I recognize when In The Zone.

It will be interesting to see how you work through this.

R.I.P. Andy Zektzer (ZTR), 1960-2010.
Please visit this thread for more information.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Big Big Thank You to Mike, Futurestrader1 and ZTR for the birthday wishes! You all have made my day!

Just came back from our Summerlicious dinner. You will have glimpses on how we spent the day so far .. smile ..

Beth

Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Quoting 

Because the answer to this question is the next step to becoming a consistently profitable trader.
  • Meaning you act on all of your signals without second guessing yourself.
  • Accepting the risk of the trade.
  • If wrong, admit it sooner rather than later.
  • Resetting with no emotional attachment to the last trade (profitable or not).
For me, it means I recognize when In The Zone.

It will be interesting to see how you work through this.

Thanks ZTR for the kind reminder. I have the enclosed on my vision board and have been reading them once a week. After last week, I realize a weekly viewing is not enough. Am having a second copy next to my main trading station now.

Yes, it will be interesting to accomplish the "In The Zone" milestone .. smile .. Wish me luck!

Beth

Attached Thumbnails
Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions-mark-douglas.pdf  
Thanked by:

jungian 
Ontario

Broker: Mirus/ZF
Trading: ES, 6E, CL
Thanks Given: 88
Thanks Received: 270

Happy Belated Birthday Beth!

Here is a little B-day present for you... More reading material .

Like Mike emphasizes over and over again, your psychology and mental state is what will determine your success in trading. Your sim trading has proven your ability to stay consistent, to stay disciplined and see trades through. Because you were taking sim very seriously (And not going HEY LETS BUY 3, no make it FIVE Contracts and see what happens) it shows your 'practice first and then practice some more' has payed off.

Dr. Brett Steenbarger's Blogspot...lots of goodies for 'ya

https://traderfeed.blogspot.com/

Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

jungian View Post
Happy Belated Birthday Beth!

Here is a little B-day present for you... More reading material .

Like Mike emphasizes over and over again, your psychology and mental state is what will determine your success in trading. Your sim trading has proven your ability to stay consistent, to stay disciplined and see trades through. Because you were taking sim very seriously (And not going HEY LETS BUY 3, no make it FIVE Contracts and see what happens) it shows your 'practice first and then practice some more' has payed off.

Dr. Brett Steenbarger's Blogspot...lots of goodies for 'ya

TraderFeed

Thanks Jungian for your best wishes and more goodies .. Hurrah!

Seemed like I have to learn Poker too ..

Beth (grateful)

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Price closed at 1071.75 Friday. If we are going to have a 2-digit gap up or down overnight, enclosed VPOCs should have enough room to acccommodate that.

Have a Relaxing Sun/Great week ahead.

Beth

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Premarket Homework for 12 Jul Mon.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	16807  

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 21, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts