NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one wgreenie with 1,146 posts (808 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 108 posts (161 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 52 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 monpere with 40 posts (86 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one monpere with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cory with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 wgreenie with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 321,313 views
    2. thumb_up 1,621 thanks given
    3. group 83 followers
    1. forum 1,776 posts
    2. attach_file 876 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,212
Thanks Received: 101,599

Great job Beth, keep up the good work!

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 1,258
Thanks Received: 1,203

Here it comes:

Mon $63.00
Tue $65.00
Wed -$40.00
Thu -$79.00
Fri $46.00

Total $55.00 after commission
31 Green days vs 3 Red days

Note: As a start, I will be happy to have 1 profitable trade ($50 or so) everyday. $150-$200/week to cover my grocery bills .. smile .. Yes, I used to aim high. Well, to be a humble trader, I learn to treasure a small and good start.

What's Next?

1. 2 Webinars this weekend (VolumeLadder and MP Part 2).
2. Review my charts/set-ups and decide if I need to make changes (max 2) for the coming 2 weeks.
3. Prepare a revised trading plan for the coming week. For example, I've every intention to cushion at least 1 real trade per week (ideally 2-3). Will map out the details.
4. Last but not least, an internal dialogue with myself on how I've done so far.

Have a Successful day everyone!

Beth

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,212
Thanks Received: 101,599

wgreenie View Post
Total $55.00 after commission
31 Green days vs 3 Red days

Note: As a start, I will be happy to have 1 profitable trade ($50 or so) everyday. $150-$200/week to cover my grocery bills .. smile .. Yes, I used to aim high. Well, to be a humble trader, I learn to treasure a small and good start.

Beth, if at the end of a month or quarter you can look back and say you have not lost money, then you are way ahead of the majority.

The majority either want or "need" to make what I would consider "too much" money. For instance, they replaced a previous income with day trading (or, are trying to) and now they need to make $xxx out of the market, even if their skill set and experience won't allow them to do this.

By making the goal to simply not lose money while you continue to gain more and more experience, you are way ahead of the curve. Slowly over time you will find that making money is actually not the hard part. The hard part is the consistency, so by conditioning yourself to pace things in a nice slow and consistent manner, and by setting your expectations properly, you will have conditioned your mind and set yourself up for success because when those winning days come, you will be happy with them.

Too many traders actually make "plenty" of money over the course of the day, but they give it all back and then some due to complete lack of consistency and complete lack of discipline and fortitude.

If you've ever found yourself in a trade where you took 10 ticks out of the market and that trade ran for 50 ticks, and you find yourself kicking yourself for "missing out" on those 40 ticks, then you are in the wrong mental state! The traders who learn to fully embrace the 10 tick winners (or whatever the case may be) instead of trying desperately to be right are the ones who will be long term successful.

The real key here is the "to be right" part. Don't focus on being right! A trader who is focused on being right wants to get all of that 50 tick move, and isn't happy until he does. someone that thinks this way shows their lack of experience. Instead, focus on being consistent.

There are still plenty of very challenging aspects to consider, like risk/reward, win percentage, win/loss dollar ratios, risk percentage per trade, and a million more. Don't make things more challenging by adding variables of things like "I see all these big moves on my chart, yet I am missing out of them, how can I make money on them?". I know I am harping on this but this is the wrong behavior. The right behavior is very much as you are doing today -- you do your homework, you are mentally prepared, you enter the market in a calm, relaxed and focused way, you take appropriate risks, and then you take your winners off when your plan says to do so --- NEXT TRADE! Don't worry if that last trade was a winner or a loser. Don't worry if that last trade ran for a million ticks and you got 10. NEXT TRADE! It's all about consistency!

Over time, you will start trading more lots and targets, and you can better position these/stagger these to grab a larger percentage of what the market is offering you. But in the beginning, increasing lot size is just going to exponentially increase your losses. It is only after you have demonstrated to yourself you have the experience, patience and fortitude to be consistent that you should add position size.

Sorry for rambling and I didn't mean to imply you are doing anything wrong, this post was mainly to bolster your confidence that you are doing things right!

Have a good weekend,
Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Words cannot express how grateful I am to Big Mike, Dorschden, Jungian, ZCars, Aslan, Perry and many others who have been providing me guidance on how to benefit from the amazing Price Action tool!

Since uncovering Dorschden's PA Swing indicators, I am now more confident in plotting my personal labels. I have to add that Big Mike's PA v-clips and charts on the Price Action thread helps tons!

Every morning I start plotting the overnight bars, then compare them with the PA Swing generated ones (since yesterday). I realize it's better to be corrected (if mine were substantially different from the system ones) before the market opens. EOD I will compare mine with the system ones again. Used to be quite confused on when/how to plot LH/HL when it's not a straight LL/LH or HH/HL pattern. Now the new PA Swing indicators have cleared my way haha ..

For PA newbies (like me), I strongly recommend visiting Big Mike's PA thread regularly, make good use of Dorschden's master pieces, read Al Brooks' book (hey, participate in the forthcoming 21 Jun webinar), plot your own charts and ask questions.

Happy Learning.

Beth

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Big Mike View Post
The traders who learn to fully embrace the 10 tick winners (or whatever the case may be) instead of trying desperately to be right are the ones who will be long term successful.

The real key here is the "to be right" part. Don't focus on being right! A trader who is focused on being right wants to get all of that 50 tick move, and isn't happy until he does. someone that thinks this way shows their lack of experience. Instead, focus on being consistent.

Sorry for rambling and I didn't mean to imply you are doing anything wrong, this post was mainly to bolster your confidence that you are doing things right!

Thanks Big Bro Mike for this encouraging and inspiring post! You have made my weekend!

At the very beginning (last summer), I was quite frustrated when I missed a big move and only got a few ticks from a runner. Then I stayed with some losers and lost all I made for a month and more. No more ... those were the "bad" old days. I have not had those "regretful" moments for months. I learn to be grateful for whatever I get should the trade be a BE or just 1 tick or occasionally giving some back to Mr Market.

Consistency and Discipline (IMHO) are the keys to stay and remain as a Consistently Profitable trader. Big Big Hugs are flying your way!

Beth (grateful)

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Initial Balance: 1071.75 - 1084.50 (12.75 points)
Value Area as at 10:50 am: 1082.75 - 1078.25 - 1074.25 (8.5 points)
Price opened @1072.50
Today's High and Low as at 10:50 am: 1084.50 and 1071.50 (matching IB)
VPOCs: Top 1094.75 (1073.75 was touched) and Bottom 1062.00

Note: Will go through the Sep MP chart to locate more VPOCs this weekend.

My expectation: Considering its big move yesterday, I expect a quiet and horizontal day.

My recommendation: Always trade the candle/bar in front of You!

Have a Great day and Relaxing weekend.

Beth

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ES 09-10  6_11_2010 (30 Min).jpg
Views:	128
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	15305  
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

ZCars View Post
Plus, I posted an annotated screenshot quite a while ago here (not sure which page it's on).

I just located ZCars' screenshot again .. Hurrah! It's on Post #272, Page 28 of this thread. I now have it in my MP folder.

Thanks again ZCars!

Beth

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Quite close to the system ones. I missed the DB around 12:35 pm. Mine was LL and I did not compare it with the previous HL. Will get better ..

Done with my PA practice and ready for the weekend .. smile ..

Beth

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PA Morning Session.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	419.1 KB
ID:	15311  
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

A+ trade?! Not an official trade on my record and yet I would love to have these A trades in real life LOL! What I like?

1. Consecutive green bars before its break over the DT.

2. Indicators on the 4-Range set-up aligned with a Long.

Done with trading. Resume my historical data merge function.

Beth

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ES PM Trade.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	15317   Click image for larger version

Name:	ES 09-10  6_11_2010 (4 Range).jpg
Views:	164
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	15318  
Lalo
Orlando

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 4

You know Beth, Mike said some wonderful things that I my self need to focus on.

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 21, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts