NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one wgreenie with 1,146 posts (808 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 108 posts (161 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 52 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 monpere with 40 posts (86 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one monpere with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cory with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 wgreenie with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 320,355 views
    2. thumb_up 1,621 thanks given
    3. group 83 followers
    1. forum 1,776 posts
    2. attach_file 876 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 1,258
Thanks Received: 1,203

Big Mike View Post
No disrespect intended! I edited my post.

Summerlicious? Is that a place, or does it mean home cookin' ?

Mike

Oh no .. we love to be kiddos!! I'm just pulling your leg Mike!!

Beth (We are going to have a Summerlicious lunch at The BlackShop. The restaurant tried to find excuses to offer special summer deals, ie $20 for a 3-course lunch .. using mostly fresh summer produces LOL! Same for Winterlicious one .. normally lasts for 2 weeks.)

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

We're back with a "big" tummy. Oh, Nelson has just left for his afternoon leads. Wish him luck!

Our Sun peer is out (no more thunderstorm) .. Oh, to have glimpses of our Summerlicious lunch?!! Here they come .. haha ..

Beth

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Big Mike View Post
or does it mean home cookin' ?

Hi Mike

Almost forgot to address your "home cookin'" question? For the record, trader me does "not" cook .. Why? I burned a few pans (incl wok) already. Almost had a few "fire" accidents at home alone. Once tried to make an omelette and took me 4+ hours .. Meant to be breakfast as I started around 9:00 am and finished it around 1:30 pm.

Guess I cannot be talented in all aspects LOL! Oh, I do bake and am considered to be quite superb in that aspect .. haha ..

Beth

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

It's been a mystery to me on how to include a link on a certain post. I noticed most of you know how. For me, I have been specifying the Post and Page Nos .. not very efficient IMHO.

Will one of you please please provide me with some instructions on how to do it? I need to learn now as I am trying to fix an inadvertent posting issue in another thread. Thank You!!

Beth

David_R 
San Jose, Ca
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Something moving
Thanks Given: 2,335
Thanks Received: 2,524

wgreenie View Post
Now you know I am still a "learning sponge" .. Finished reading 2.5 threads yesterday, ie

- 2 threads created by aztrader9 (highly recommended)
- 1 MultiCharts thread created by Big Mike (lots of great ideas and sharing if you are considering MultiCharts)

What I have learned?

1. From aztrader9, I felt like reading about myself and my trading venture. I went through almost the same psychological "turmoil" + embarked on a never-ending system/indicator search! Glad that it's now over! My heartfelt thanks to aztrader9 for his genuine sharing!

2. From Big Mike's MultiCharts thread, I now have a better understanding on the application + the good news that it will soon have a DOM for trading. I really look forward to it so that I won't be subscribing to NJ - cost saving .. haha ..

Oh, I came across a very cool video clip on preparing a Trading Plan (it's on aztrader9 thread) - great refresher.

[COLOR=#800080]http://progressive.powerstream.net/008/00102/edu/interactive/quinto_videos/video2/index.html[/COLOR]

I am going to upload Jeff Quinto's "Getting Started: Building a Sound Foundation for Your Trading Career" to the Education section. Enjoy!

Beth

Beth,

thanks for the video.

So, where is the education section? By the way, here is the CME pamphlet that goes along with the video series. Is this what you were going to post?

David

Attached Thumbnails
Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions-education_team_booklet.pdf  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

David_R View Post
Beth,

thanks for the video.

So, where is the education section? By the way, here is the CME pamphlet that goes along with the video series. Is this what you were going to post?

David

Hi David

You are most welcome! Yes, that's the pamphlet which I uploaded to Big Mike's Downloads Section - Education.

Have a Relaxing weekend.

Beth

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,536

wgreenie View Post
It's been a mystery to me on how to include a link on a certain post. I noticed most of you know how. For me, I have been specifying the Post and Page Nos .. not very efficient IMHO.

Will one of you please please provide me with some instructions on how to do it? I need to learn now as I am trying to fix an inadvertent posting issue in another thread. Thank You!!

Beth

Beth,

No problem! Here is a quick animation showing how to select the "permalink" (link to the post).

Your post, as an example:

Here is the video:

[img]https://nexusfi.com/v/mcae8f.gif[/img]

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Trader.Jon 
Near the BEuTiFULL Horse Shoe

Experience: Beginner
Broker: MBTrading Dukascopy ZenFire
Trading: $EURUSD when it is trending
Thanks Given: 401
Thanks Received: 184

Beth,

On those big bad Fridays, did you check with news events that might affect trades?

Also, my experience has been (observation only) that some Fridays that are preeceded by a Thursday that has very high trading range should not be traded... YMMV

Jon

Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Trader.Jon View Post
Beth,

On those big bad Fridays, did you check with news events that might affect trades?

Also, my experience has been (observation only) that some Fridays that are preeceded by a Thursday that has very high trading range should not be traded... YMMV

Jon

Hi Jon

Thanks for the tips and they're on my VI log now!

I tried to recall what happened on those Fridays. One I knew was news related as I and my trading friends all forgot about an important news at 10:00 am. Almost 10-tick slippage to get out of a position for me. The other 2-3 were "me"-related. I held on to a losing trade too long (I added twice to one of them - gosh) hoping for a pullback/retracement to minimize the damage. Did not happen and I was really shaken after closing the position in 2+ hours. That Friday wiped out my weekly gains - happened at least twice.

In short, I believe it's not Friday. It's me!!

Why did I trade on Friday (yesterday)?

1. Nelson encouraged me to trade IF there's a high probability set up. If not, close down in the afternoon. At least give it a chance was his advice. He has faith and confidence in me that I will make a good trading decision regardless of a green or red trade.

2. I reviewed the Inside Bar trades for the past four Fridays. All profitable ones and hit at least a PT 8.

3. Remember Jeff Quinto's video? He suggested one's continuing to trade (as long as the predetermined trading time is not up) when he/she is in Green. Risk 1/3 and keep 2/3 on the weekly gains (not daily). I did have room to accommodate a good trade opportunity on Friday.

Beth

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

1. Main Trading Station with 2 Monitors (data from Mirus/ZenFire)

i. CL - Discretionary Trading

a. 15 minute Chart with Reversal Bar indicator (different colors for Inside, Outside and Reversal bars) - No major change except removal of the SMAs as stated in my earlier post

b. 15 minute Chart with CCI indicators - No major change except removal of the ZLR indicator

Note: Have stopped sim-trading the Inside Bar strategies on Friday.

ii. TF - Semi-auto Trading

a. 5 minute Chart using mainly Price Action Swing indicators and SMAs crossover for entry. I have decided to focus on CL UFN and will not be placing semi-auto trades starting next week. Will continue sim-trading the strategy though the chart will be minimized to avail more monitor space for CL charts.

Note: I tried to switch the TF sim-trading to my laptop. Unfortunately, it's not do-able as IB does not provide the required data for charting.

b. 5-minute Chart with mostly Woodies CCI indicators - to be removed UFN

2. Laptop with 2 Monitors

i. Mainly for sim-trading strategies (data from IB paper account)

Will continue as-is though the monitors and sound are off to minimize any unnecessary distraction.

ii. Have an ES 30-minute MP chart running:

a. Pre-market homework Mon to Fri

b. Market Profile upon completion of the first hour Initial Balance

c. This practice gives me a feel on the market sentiment

On-going efforts to trim down the indicators!

Beth

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 21, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts