NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one wgreenie with 1,146 posts (808 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 108 posts (161 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 52 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 monpere with 40 posts (86 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one monpere with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cory with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 wgreenie with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 320,355 views
    2. thumb_up 1,621 thanks given
    3. group 83 followers
    1. forum 1,776 posts
    2. attach_file 876 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 1,258
Thanks Received: 1,203

Did historical data merge before and not successful most of the time (because of the Internet speed/strength). This round is different because we just got the most advanced technology, Rocket Hub + an external antenna. I got the following confirmation after a historical data merge attempt (merging the Jun contracts with the Sep ones):

No 'Day' data available for 'From' instrument
'Minute' data successfully merged
'Tick' data successfully merged

Note: Data from ZenFire.

Is it normal for the "No Day data" merge? Appreciate any tips please. Thank you.

Beth

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks

ZCars 
Birmingham/UK

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation/Prorealtime
Broker: Tradestation/Interactive Brokers
Trading: Mini and micro US Indexes/ DAX/ FX/VIX/GOLD
Thanks Given: 53
Thanks Received: 164

wgreenie View Post
Hi ZCars

I had the GomVolumeLadder on for some days before. Seemed to me lots of things going on. Appreciate your sharing (if you don't mind) on which particular plot(s) you have been watching. For example, the 2 ladders on the current bar OR the horizontal boxes up/above or total etc? Thank you.

Beth

Beth, I trade price action vis-a-vis the Al brooks method. I take 1 or 2 trades within the first 2 hours then usually call it a day (sometimes I'll trade the final hour). I use the 5 min chart because I feel this gives me the best feel for market sentiment (especially long tales and bar length) and allows me to enter accurately using the bar timer (timing is important and with a vol chart or range chart it's harder to get in based on what the final few ticks are doing). I now use the VolLadder to confirm my price action trades and make sure they are backed with a strong push with high volume. All I do is look at the volume at key moments and especially the COT, commitment of traders (the boxes above and below the bars). It's a simple tool that has taken time to become useful for me and like all raw data it takes time to know how to process it but I would't like to trade without it now.

Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

ZCars View Post
Beth, I trade price action vis-a-vis the Al brooks method. I take 1 or 2 trades within the first 2 hours then usually call it a day (sometimes I'll trade the final hour). I use the 5 min chart because I feel this gives me the best feel for market sentiment (especially long tales and bar length) and allows me to enter accurately using the bar timer (timing is important and with a vol chart or range chart it's harder to get in based on what the final few ticks are doing). I now use the VolLadder to confirm my price action trades and make sure they are backed with a strong push with high volume. All I do is look at the volume at key moments and especially the COT, commitment of traders (the boxes above and below the bars). It's a simple tool that has taken time to become useful for me and like all raw data it takes time to know how to process it but I would't like to trade without it now.

Hi ZCars

Your prompt response has made my afternoon. Thank you.

I always hope to have 1 or 2 high probability trades between 9:30 am and 11:30 am - same like You! When I came across the VolumeLadder indicator, I couldn't figure out what COT is. I posted in 2 threads for more guidance and no one has addressed my issue yet.

Maybe you will educate me a little and my warmest apologies for this naive question (guess that's why no one responds to my posts before). Big Big Thank You!

Beth

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

2 "pink" in a row .. I need to break the spell tomorrow!! On a second thought, 3 red days out of 33 should be acceptable.

Goal Accomplished: It's a breakout trade and I entered it before the break up or down. Maybe I used the wrong reference point (Top IB @1081.00) for the breakdown .. Hmm, my fault .. Okay, B+ for the breakout concept and C for me!

Beth

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ES Trade Log 10 Jun.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	15253   Click image for larger version

Name:	ES 4 Range 10 Jun w PA Swing Chart for comparison.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	383.3 KB
ID:	15254  
Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

I just finished my post-trading review since it's another pink day! Yesterday was forgivable and not today .. sigh .. Why?

1. I now realize my eagerness to enter a trade (hours after the fact) and ignored the HH label before my Short. I should be patient and wait for a HL, then decide the next move.

2. Shorting the market when Mr Market has been making new Highs in the afternoon was an extremely "stupid" move from my part.

I am now officially downgrading my earlier C to an F! Sorry!

Beth

Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Finally succeeded in merging half of the instruments. Will complete the remaining half tomorrow. More important to-do item: Just created a new workplace for the September contracts - ready to rock LOL! Yes, will start trading ES Sep one(s) tomorrow.

Night-night.

Beth

ZCars 
Birmingham/UK

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation/Prorealtime
Broker: Tradestation/Interactive Brokers
Trading: Mini and micro US Indexes/ DAX/ FX/VIX/GOLD
Thanks Given: 53
Thanks Received: 164

wgreenie View Post
Finally succeeded in merging half of the instruments. Will complete the remaining half tomorrow. More important to-do item: Just created a new workplace for the September contracts - ready to rock LOL! Yes, will start trading ES Sep one(s) tomorrow.

Night-night.

Beth

Beth, have you watched ZTrade's webinar on the VolumeLadder? This gives a pretty thorough overview of what to look for. Plus, I posted an annotated screenshot quite a while ago here (not sure which page it's on). You have been very successful at creating your own approach that is working and as everyone says, you have to find an individual approach that you're comfortable with. My approach is minimalist and the raw data of the VolumeLadder fits well with what I'm looking for in a strong set-up. Like any advances I've made in my trading it's come from just watching and weighing because I'm not one of the clever guys who can program etc. It has to be basic for me because I'm too thick to make it sophisticated! I like raw data though because I feel it gets me 'closer' to the market's 'soul' or essence whilst indicators are secondary for me (I know they are essential for many other traders though). It feels more instinctive when just looking at price/ volume and keeping it very simple with no distractions. After all if you keep your window of opportunity small you are only going to get a couple of moments when everything comes together and it's time to jump in. If you feel you're finding those opportunities consistently (and from your results it looks like you are) it may well be time get to get rocking!.

ZCars

Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Price currently trades around 1071.00 area. Luckily I do have 2 VPOCs (1062.00 and 1073.75) and one will be the Bottom VPOC depends on its position upon market opens. In any event, seems very likely that it will open within yesterday's Value Area 1068.75 - 1076.25.

Considering a 7.5 point range, my expectation is: it will trade within for a short while before rotating either up or down LOL!

Overnight High and Low as at 9:04 am: 1083.25 and 1070.50

Enjoy a Successful day.

Beth

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Premarket Homework for 11 Jun Fri.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	15295  
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

ZCars View Post
Beth, have you watched ZTrade's webinar on the VolumeLadder? This gives a pretty thorough overview of what to look for. Plus, I posted an annotated screenshot quite a while ago here (not sure which page it's on). You have been very successful at creating your own approach that is working and as everyone says, you have to find an individual approach that you're comfortable with.

Hi ZCars

My heartfelt thanks for your sharing and additional tips. ZTrade's webinar + MP Part 2 have been in my mind. With your kind reminder, I will watch both this weekend. Yes, I recalled having your screenshot in the thread. Will dig it out for new ideas. Thank you.

I agree with you 1,000,000,...% that one needs to have his/her own system/approach. I will continue searching for a simple volume indicator to file the gap while polishing my trading skills using what I have. I wonder having some "Rock" music in the background will help my trading Rock?!

Beth

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

I am an early bird this morning ..

Green green to end the week .. Now I feel better .. haha ..

Goal Accomplished: An A LOL. Why?

1. I followed the rules to the dot. Spotted acceptance of the Top VPOC and waited for its breakthrough confirmation of the recent LH.

2. Indicators on the 4-Range set-up aligned with a Long.

3. Reduced the position size + adjusted PT/SL to make it a quick successful scalp.

4. Also bear the important news in mind which was a few minutes away.

I believe the trader "me" deserves at least a B+!!

Beth

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ES Trade Log 11 Jun.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	15301   Click image for larger version

Name:	ES 09-10  6_11_2010 (4 Range).jpg
Views:	141
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	15302  
Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 21, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts