NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one wgreenie with 1,146 posts (808 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 108 posts (161 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 52 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 monpere with 40 posts (86 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one monpere with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cory with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 wgreenie with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 321,269 views
    2. thumb_up 1,621 thanks given
    3. group 83 followers
    1. forum 1,776 posts
    2. attach_file 876 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

papa15 
Wake Forest, NC

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Charts, Investor RT, Ninja Trader
Broker: VanKar
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 583
Thanks Received: 1,248

Beth
I commend you. Keep your priorities in proper order. Don't even think about the market. Figure out a way to improve the cookie recipe. Your mind will enjoy the break from trading and the new challenge. The markets are not going any where and will be waiting for you.
Papa15

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
27 thanks
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 1,258
Thanks Received: 1,203

Believe you've started enjoying a Relaxing weekend (some will have a Longer one as next Monday is an American/Canadian holiday). Dorschden (creator of the Price Action Swing Discussion thread) just released an updated indicator with the ABC pattern which some of you have expressed interest before. Here it comes his post with the download details:

Take care.

Beth (Completed 20% of my weekend to-do list and haven't got to the peanut butter cookie yet. Oh, no eggs is one of the reasons LOL. )

Good Trading is about Trading Right!
Want What the Market Wants!
Trade With the Trend!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

With papa15's encouragement, our organic peanut butter cookies turned out to be an amazing success! It's the second recipe we tried .. even with filling and top this round .. Guess we got lucky!

Finally done with the priority items .. Tomorrow will officially be a holiday for me .. smile ..

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Peanut butter craving filled.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	19755  
Thanked by:
 AR01 
CA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: MT4, Ninja Trader
Trading: EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 400
Thanks Received: 628

Big Mike View Post
What is important is how well you execute. You can always change your method later, after sound research and not impulsive decisions.
Mike

My wife is working on her trading plan and I said something to her very similar to this. I'm glad my thinking is consistent with yours. I want her rules based on a solid foundation. But my point to her is that I don't care right now whether her rules are exactly what she will use later. But I want them precise and understandable to a novice reader. Also, I don't want too many rules right now. I want a set of rules that are so clear she can execute without fail 100% of the time without arbitration, speculation, hesitation, or confusion. Then we slowly add to that. Slowly

Good luck Beth

Andrew

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Time flies and it's the last day of the break. Just got a reminder from N "when do I cushion the quality hours between him and me" ooooo

I realize months (over a year actually) have been spent on finding indicators/systems .. Yet not many hours on training myself so that I am capable of overcoming the "In the Trade" dilemma. Another challenge is the risk level. I appreciate very much Big Mike's recent post listing different scenarios and how one may adjust his/her trading to accommodate his/her unique situation.

I'm taking a break from discretionary trading as I know I'm not ready esp mentally and financially. For the interim, I am going to re-visit swing trading on certain automated systems (about 70% profitable based on 1-1.5 years historical performance). For example, I came across some on AIG and Natural Gas ETF (all trades close EOD) and some on BIDU and GDX (most trades average 5-10 days) + reviewing my own strategies which I sim-ran (a few did generate 80-100 ticks/month).

My plan is to have one on live in the very near future while exploring the swing trading option. Occasional losing ones are inevitable and having one on will help my acceptance of this important trading rule. As I get used to have mostly winning (ideally) and occasional losing auto-trades, I will be in a better psyche condition to do manual trades.

Another area for improvement: learn the basics esp how to read price action. I like the Price Action thread and unfortunately have not been reading the posts in more details. Will spend more time going through the posts again. Using minimal indicators is the goal and I would like to create a simple trading system.

I will be back irregularly to keep you posted of any further development. My heartfelt thanks again to all of you for your generous sharing and guidance! XOXO are flying your way to express our gratitude (incl Nelson's).

Happy & Successful Trading Always.

Beth (grateful)

Trade With the Trend!
Thanked by:

tellytub 
london uk

Experience: Beginner
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 333
Thanks Received: 121

Good luck wgreenie

I bought shares in BIDU @319 and sold them making me $6000, if only I held onto them, would/could of made almost $100.000. But none the less, I made money.

Ive put it back into BIDU, esp with whats happening in China i.e. the next superpower in the near future. More people using the internet, growth in China etc.

Good luck again

Thanked by:
 soumi71 
Toronto

Trading: CL , 6E
Thanks Given: 760
Thanks Received: 275

HI beth ,

Thanks for sharing your projects , I think time off is a great teacher , you will figure out many things that looked fuzzy to you before , enjoy your husband and take time to experiment your cookie recipe until you master it , market is here and will go nowhere ...
relax and have fun , will miss reading you
soumi

"Risk more than others think safe.
Dream more than others think practical.
Expect more than others think possible.
Care more than others think wise"
Thanked by:

nillz123 
Ocala, FL

Platform: NT
Trading: Crude, Euro, ES
Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 31

Isn't it funny how trend following is so simple, yet we break out own rules and make it difficult! Good luck with your system and hope you stick around long enough to make millions.

Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

nillz123 View Post
.. hope you stick around long enough to make millions.

I almost forgot to mention "I felt like making millions already!" Why?

1. I have been embraced by thousands of supportive Big Mike family members

2. Over 1,000 visits on my profile

3. Read over 10,000 posts

4. Created over 1,300 posts

5. Received thousands of best wishes all over the world

Soooo, I have accomplished my "Millions" goal within months because of all of You .. smile ..

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Time flies and almost end of the week. I notice many swing systems (incl day trading ones) have been using certain types of MAs to detect the trend direction and/or reversal. I had the Sling Shot indicator for months (believe it's from the All You Need thread by Jeff) and didn't really understand its function. Then I tripped over a video on the same (can't find the link now .. sorry) and a Sling Shot strategy created by Roonius. If you're a strategy or Sling Shot fan, you may want to play with the strategy as follows:

Enjoy!

Beth (You won't believe it! I'm still zozozo after midnight these nights .. )

Trade With the Trend!
Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 21, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts