NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TST Combine Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one indextrader7 with 265 posts (970 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 28 posts (91 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Pedro40 with 16 posts (13 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 16 posts (55 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one rubyslippage with 18.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two indextrader7 with 3.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 3.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 josh with 3.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 106,693 views
    2. thumb_up 1,774 thanks given
    3. group 85 followers
    1. forum 556 posts
    2. attach_file 50 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

TST Combine Journal

zander931 
Portland, OR, US

Experience: None
Platform: Investor r/t, X_Trader, ToS
Broker: AMP/IQfeed
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,496
Thanks Received: 1,208

indextrader7 View Post
Thanks.

Yep, got stopped out to the tick up there. I don't understand the concept of poor high/low (or even a strong high/low?). Could you tell me a little about what defines one of these and how you apply it to your trading?

A poor low/poor high (synonymous with a weak or unsecured high or low) is simply an auction that was ended because of, in this case, buying exhaustion (as opposed to a quick counter reaction brought in by responsive selling). The idea is, because of the lack of counter reaction at the high, it is much more likely that buyers will test that area in the near future. Sellers likely won't have the conviction to drive price much lower after a poor high as well (because they don't know if there is any business to be done above that high).

A strong/secured high is the exact opposite. It is a high that is formed because of a strong counter-reaction (we can witness the counter reaction in the forms of excess.. buying/selling tails).

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
 indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Now that we've rotated back into the daily bracket area, my initial game plan for the day is out the window.

I COULD have seen the pullback to the bracket low at 43.50 and buyers step in as a great reason to get long. Alas, I did not see it well enough at the hard right edge.

Will be watching for long entries now.

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

I'm very interested in taking a long on a pullback to 45/46 area

It'll be a pullback to ON high, IB high, and dev VAH.

I'll take it if we get there and get a TLB/candle pattern/momentum shift whatever you prefer to call it.

catdriver 
Hot Springs, Arkansas

Experience: Beginner
Platform: ninja
Broker: optimus
Thanks Given: 234
Thanks Received: 41

indextrader7 View Post
I'm very interested in taking a long on a pullback to 45/46 area

It'll be a pullback to ON high, IB high, and dev VAH.

I'll take it if we get there and get a TLB/candle pattern/momentum shift whatever you prefer to call it.

Throw an RTH VWAP on today's chart and see what you think. My trading improved greatly when I recognized it's
importance as far as a point of initiative buying or selling...just my .02

Follow me on Twitter
 indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

catdriver View Post
Throw an RTH VWAP on today's chart and see what you think. My trading improved greatly when I recognized it's
importance as far as a point of initiative buying or selling...just my .02

Yes, it can be great, and today is one of those days. I've gone back and forth between having it or not lately. Def something to keep in mind, thanks!

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Took half off for my discretionary exit near the highs. We'll see what the rest can do.

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

OK, so today was a sim trading day to get my feet wet with ironing out this trading plan.

It felt really nice to have the plan there.

There were no problems, or things I found I needed to add, to the plan in today's session. I thought something would come up. I'm kind of worried that nothing did... surely the plan is not totally ironed out yet?

Edit: I did find 2 potential things to add to the trading plan. They're listed in the writeup for trades 5 and 6.

The market did not meet my expectations for how it behaved today with my pre-market plan, every first attempt at a trade location was a loser, and none of my runners actually ran. Yet, I ended up down less than what i'm willing to risk on a single trade for the day.

THAT IS A WINNING DAY MY FRIENDS.

Trades 1 and 2 as well as 3 and 4 were short attempts off the levels i mentioned pre-market. Initial entries were too early, but re-entries were perfectly timed. Discretionary partial exits turned out to be scary good, and the runner portions did not run. This is ok, there will be days where my "feel" exits look way early, and the runners really run.

Trades 5 and 6 were attempts to get long in what appeared to be a real opportunity for this market to trend. Actually, there was a thing I considered adding to my trading plan here... two things actually. 1) These trades were small pullbacks in "open space" with no levels to lean off of. 2) They were longs right in the face of a large confluence of things at a level (could be serious resistance) and it was. The reason I took the trade anyways, is because I am now having this mental shift in how I see things based on these "poor highs" Taking a long at 10AM on this chart is something I never would have done before because we are "at the highs" and an area that sellers have defended several times. Evidently my thinking on that has been wrong. So, now go forward to the longs I'm taking for trades 5 and 6, I decided to ignore my better judgement that there was "resistance" at the highs there, and go for the continuation move higher. I guess in hindsight there was actually no PRIOR day resistance at the first area, but there was PRIOR DAY resistance (and several confluent things) at the second area. Ok, long winded, but I'm saying maybe I can add points 1 and 2 in this paragraph to the trading plan for entry criteria? Not sure yet.

Trades 6 and 7 were much more PLANNED out trades. I announced the trade idea and location here on futures.io (formerly BMT) well before we traded down to the area as an expectation. For these pullback trades, there were actually levels I was leaning off of, not just taking trades in open space. On par with the rest of the day, the first trade was early and stopped out, and the second trade was much better timing. Also, the "feel" exit was superior to the more manual exit that was trailed behind mini swing lows until taken out.

Trade #, "feel exit", more "manual" exit

1) -1.75 both parts
2) +3.75, BE
3) -0.75 both parts
4) +2.5, -2.0
5) BE both parts
6) -1.5 both parts
7) -2.0 both parts
8) +3.25, +2.25

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

New combine starts Monday.

Have a good weekend everyone.

kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,890
Thanks Received: 7,338

indextrader7 View Post
New combine starts Monday.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Good Luck! Knock 'em dead!

Follow me on Twitter

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

kevinkdog View Post
Good Luck! Knock 'em dead!

Ditto that!

I know you'll do great.

peace, love and joy to you
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Closed Thread

Last Updated on August 28, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts