NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TST Combine Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one indextrader7 with 265 posts (970 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 28 posts (91 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 16 posts (55 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Pedro40 with 16 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one rubyslippage with 18.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two indextrader7 with 3.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 3.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 josh with 3.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 106,776 views
    2. thumb_up 1,774 thanks given
    3. group 85 followers
    1. forum 556 posts
    2. attach_file 50 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

TST Combine Journal

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,752
Thanks Received: 18,136

indextrader7 View Post
hahahaha, what a day

Don't worry about it, look at it like practice--think of how good you'd feel if you lost money today. It's irrelevant, you just got a head start on the emotions of the combine without any profit or loss to show for it And on the plus side, I bet you'll never make this particular mistake again. Seriously, you should check to be sure that orders show up on both platforms to be sure it's set up correctly. And be sure the account name is correct and not some "practice" account that may also be listed.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
60 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
43 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

Xav1029 
Tampa, FL

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader, Sierra Chart
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E, M6E, 6J
Thanks Given: 1,452
Thanks Received: 3,377

josh View Post
Don't worry about it, look at it like practice--think of how good you'd feel if you lost money today. It's irrelevant, you just got a head start on the emotions of the combine without any profit or loss to show for it And on the plus side, I bet you'll never make this particular mistake again. Seriously, you should check to be sure that orders show up on both platforms to be sure it's set up correctly. And be sure the account name is correct and not some "practice" account that may also be listed.

And they won't see you adding to a loser...which I think they don't allow you to do in live prep

London Calling
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Xav1029 View Post
And they won't see you adding to a loser...which I think they don't allow you to do in live prep

Correct, but that's not an issue in the regular combine phase. And you get to define what "adding to a loser" is, so it depends.

Pedro40
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 379

One easy way to tell is that when you log in, the firm's name in Sim mode is TST and in Live mode it is PTP (Patak Trading Partners)

Actually, the whole log in info is different, so it should be obvious when you are using the Sim or the Live mode... You should have got a confirmation email giving you the combine log in info...

Thanked by:
 indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Pedro40 View Post
One easy way to tell is that when you log in, the firm's name in Sim mode is TST and in Live mode it is PTP (Patak Trading Partners)

Actually, the whole log in info is different, so it should be obvious when you are using the Sim or the Live mode... You should have got a confirmation email giving you the combine log in info...

Just for everyone else's sake... this is not accurate.

I was using the proper combine login info, just simply had the "Trade Simulation Mode On" checked under the "trade" toolbar menu.

omni72 
Tulsa, OK

Thanks Given: 582
Thanks Received: 624

indextrader7 View Post

I was using the proper combine login info, just simply had the "Trade Simulation Mode On" checked under the "trade" toolbar menu.

Yeah, I did something very similar. If I recall, I actually did it two days in a row before I figured out what I had done. And you are correct, it had nothing to do with any login; I logged in correctly.

Oh well, take the chuckle for what it's worth and keep on truckin'

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. ~ Seneca

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Pedro40 View Post

Merritt already commented on this, but just to be clear, PTP is the firm name I have used from day one, and the login info is not different.

Thanked by:

Silver Dragon 
Cincinnati Ohio
Legendary Master Data Manipulator

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TastyWorks / NT
Broker: TastyWorks /NT
Trading: FX, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 6,422
Thanks Received: 5,238

indextrader7 View Post

@indextrader7

See screenshot. I added a button to the tool bar to switch back and forth from SIM to my account. I like the visual cue better than it being hidden in a menu.

Goto Global Settings --> Customize Toolbar --> Toolbar 1 to add the button.

Robert

nosce te ipsum

You make your own opportunities in life.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Pedro40
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 379

josh View Post
Merritt already commented on this, but just to be clear, PTP is the firm name I have used from day one, and the login info is not different.

Maybe it is because I used the plain T4 without SC or any other 3rd party software. I used a test account 3 times, it was TST all 3 times. I am on my 3rd Combine, it has been PTP all 3 times. There was no ambiguity at any point if it is a sim or live, nor did TST email any information how to set it up...

I am actually curious if this is an issue with more people why TST doesn't include a guide how to set it up correctly to avoid such a confusion???

Anyhow, since OP doesn't like me posting here, this is my last post in this thread... Good luck....

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Excellent day today after the mishap yesterday.

Daily loss limit exceeded. Combine over on day 1. Thread closed.

Closed Thread

Last Updated on August 28, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts