NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TST Combine Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one indextrader7 with 265 posts (970 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 28 posts (91 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Pedro40 with 16 posts (13 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 16 posts (55 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one rubyslippage with 18.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two indextrader7 with 3.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 3.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 josh with 3.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 106,693 views
    2. thumb_up 1,774 thanks given
    3. group 85 followers
    1. forum 556 posts
    2. attach_file 50 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

TST Combine Journal

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

shashankg27 View Post
Based on webinar they should have combine in Ninja by March end.

Based on WEBINARS.... they will continue to project 1 month release timeframe for Ninja for the next 6 months.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
Pedro40
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 379

indextrader7 View Post
Even though my combine isn't starting until tomorrow. I can already feel fear creeping in. "What if you don't do as well as you have been during practice?... Will people think you've just been making up stuff?"

Although I enjoy reading other Combiners' journals, don't feel the need to post everyday and in detail. It adds additional psychological pressure to trade publicly and it probably negatively effects performance. So an update in every other day is just fine. Or if it bothers you just stop posting altogether and let us know the end result...

Thanked by:

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,752
Thanks Received: 18,136

indextrader7 View Post
Even though my combine isn't starting until tomorrow. I can already feel fear creeping in. "What if you don't do as well as you have been during practice?... Will people think you've just been making up stuff?"

I know it's silly, and I'll push through it, but just being honest with some things that are popping in the head.

The best thing is that I am in touch and AWARE of the feelings/emotions. I'll do my best to make sound trading decisions despite them. Acknowledging them is half the battle. #mymonkey

We all like you and respect you whether you succeed in this particular thing or not. You are a good trader and have good instincts. We all need work on our trading, so in that respect you are no different from the rest of us.. you work hard on your trading and are doing well. Just have some fun with this Merritt--grab your balls, hang on to them, and take your trades! Never let fear take the joy, fun, and success out of this!!

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

Pedro40 View Post
Although I enjoy reading other Combiners' journals, don't feel the need to post everyday and in detail. It adds additional psychological pressure to trade publicly and it probably negatively effects performance. So an update in every other day is just fine. Or if it bothers you just stop posting altogether and let us know the end result...

Journaling is something I do

Should it be done publicly or not?

That depends.

There are some things that are meant for sharing and others benefit some, you benefit more.

Some things, there is no real value posting publicly - so those are best jotted down the old fashioned way.

Also, in trading you are your own worst enemy so posting publicly / peer pressure etc. are small fry.

Journaling changed my trading life, and a combine is no different, IMHO.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Pedro40
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

iqgod View Post
J
Journaling changed my trading life, and a combine is no different, IMHO.

I am glad, but the advice wasn't for you. It actually took 5 minutes before I realized that it wasn't indextrader responding...

Thanked by:

jinhar 
mumbai maharashtra/india

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja
Trading: Crue/Tf
Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 764

From my experience fear before a big challenge is good very good ... some of my best results of my trading career have been under fear, again this is just my own experience. You are good at what you do combine result not going to change that, keep working on yourself you will find your way around.. Best of luck

-Jinhar

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
 indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

One trade so far today. In line with fading the edges as mentioned in pre-market post earlier. Poked right above last session's high's, triggered stops, fade the move.

I scaled out 4/6 before news, and left the remainder on for the news with stop at BE since I had a couple point cushion.

Executed on the T4 DOM getting ready for tomorrow.

I really wanted to short the retest of the OS low, but didn't pull the trigger on it. I was eating a good breakfast at the time so attention slightly diverted.

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Hard to beat a good Alabama lake trading spot!

Pedro40
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

3 more advices and I will shut up:

1. Use this last few hours and put a bunch of trades through the T4 (profit is irrelevant, familiarity is not), so you are VERY familiar with it by the time you are doing it live. People do screw up with it and only inexperience can be blamed....

2. You can actually start trading the Combine today after 6 pm EST, if you wish to do so...

3. The 2 most important buttons are the Flatten all positions and the Cancel all orders, make sure you know where they are and which is which...

Otherwise good luck!

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, MT4
Broker: LMAX
Trading: DAX, Gold, Euro
Thanks Given: 1,740
Thanks Received: 2,568

Pedro40 View Post
3 more advices and I will shut up:

1. Use this last few hours and put a bunch of trades through the T4 (profit is irrelevant, familiarity is not), so you are VERY familiar with it by the time you are doing it live. People do screw up with it and only inexperience can be blamed....

2. You can actually start trading the Combine today after 6 pm EST, if you wish to do so...

3. The 2 most important buttons are the Flatten all positions and the Cancel all orders, make sure you know where they are and which is which...

Otherwise good luck!

Yeah and flatten out does not cancel standing OCO orders! Make sure you pull them out or they will trigger you into position! Order entry bar does not trigger OCO orders to be sent, no idea why. They say it's most used on the floor platform, maybe because it is just as ancient old as the floor itself. Must run on XT then!

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on August 28, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts