NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TST Combine Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one indextrader7 with 265 posts (970 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 28 posts (91 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Pedro40 with 16 posts (13 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 16 posts (55 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one rubyslippage with 18.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two indextrader7 with 3.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 3.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 josh with 3.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 107,043 views
    2. thumb_up 1,774 thanks given
    3. group 85 followers
    1. forum 556 posts
    2. attach_file 50 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

TST Combine Journal

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

stok View Post
Hrmm...I tried that from both the Trades and Executions sub tabs under Account Performance and all it does it open up a new 1-minute chart.

"I'll give you a hint. Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think that you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong." Ayn Rand

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
 indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

It does bring up a 1min chart. Unfortunately, it will only bring up a 1min.

AND if you want to watch the recording of me making these trades in real time... then see previous posts and check out the blog.

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

https://workspaceupdates.googleblog.com/2023/04/new-community-features-for-google-chat-and-an-update-currents%20.html

Live webcast - trading with IT7 starting shortly

firstbatch
Virginia

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Merritt, I have listened to your live trading and read your blog and enjoy both. You asked today for comments on the content you have provided on the blog and I think it is great stuff!

Thanked by:
 indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Today's recorded session now available Trading with indextrader7: Live Trading Webcast 2-27-13

It was a challenging day in CL for me, and the first losing day in 7 sessions. I feel like -1 tick today was a success though, given the PA.

Here's the picture summary

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Trading with indextrader7: Psychological Journal

An article I wrote on the idea and application of a psychological journal entry to enhance trading. I think y'all will like this one!

lancelottrader 
west palm beach florida usa
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninja trader
Broker: Optimus Futures/ Rithmic
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 1,113
Thanks Received: 5,386

Been watching some of your webcasts. I think it's really cool that you're showing your trades in real time instead of recap videos like most people do.

Failure is not an option
Thanked by:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

indextrader7 View Post
Trading with indextrader7: Psychological Journal

An article I wrote on the idea and application of a psychological journal entry to enhance trading. I think y'all will like this one!

Firstly, thanks for the commentary on your trading while live. I know it must be an overhead for you, so the spirit is great!

Also, I liked the way you mark each set of trades on a whiteboard parallelly - Adam Grimes and many others emphasize putting down a journal in the non-digital world - something about writing engages the physical parts of the brain that are the same ones we use for executing trades.

(Adam Grimes goes into having a trader hand draw charts on a graph paper too but I'll reserve that discussion for a later time!)

thanks again, and it was great to attend your live trade-cast!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

DarkPoolTrading   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,244
Thanks Received: 1,326

Hey it7,

You mentioned yesterday that you were looking for some feedback on your blog posts to get an idea of whether you should continue them. I for one think they're excellent. I especially enjoyed the article on charting your win% against your win:loss size ratio. These are two of the many stats that I already keep in my trade stats spreadsheet but i've never thought of charting them like that. Although keeping stats are useful, it is in how we analyze and interpret them that we benefit and learn from them. The human brain generally responds extremely well to visuals (more so than pure data), so anytime there is an opportunity to visually represent data in a chart there is potential for increased learning. I will be incorporating this into my spreadsheet over the weekend.

Keep up the good work with the live webcasts. It's both inspiring and educational to watch an experienced trader walk us though his thought process. What im finding great is to see how losing trades dont affect your decision to take the next trade. You simply take the trade and manage the risk. Something i've been trying to improve on over the last few weeks.

How long do you typically trade for? I wasn't able to watch the whole of yesterday's webcast but the prior days you seemed to be done after a couple hours. Do you then move on to trading other instruments or are you done?

Do you find it best to apply complete focus for a limited time and stop trading as apposed to trading the whole day but potentially not having as much focus?

Thanks.

Diversification is the only free lunch
Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:
 indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Live webcast starting in minutes: https://workspaceupdates.googleblog.com/2023/04/new-community-features-for-google-chat-and-an-update-currents%20.html

If not on google+ you can also watch on youtube indextrader7 - YouTube

Closed Thread

Last Updated on August 28, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts