NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TST Combine Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one indextrader7 with 265 posts (970 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 28 posts (91 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Pedro40 with 16 posts (13 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 16 posts (55 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one rubyslippage with 18.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two indextrader7 with 3.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 3.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 josh with 3.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 106,693 views
    2. thumb_up 1,774 thanks given
    3. group 85 followers
    1. forum 556 posts
    2. attach_file 50 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

TST Combine Journal

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

I've had several moments of gratitude here publicly on futures.io (formerly BMT). I never figured I would have one regarding my broker.

I have a small fry account at Stage 5. I say this to let you know that I'm not some big fish that they would really have the incentive to care much about.

I can not believe how much they DO care.

@FuturesTrader71 and the team at Stage 5 are unbelievably generous. Me and even my small fry account, get amazing attention and personalized advice because they actually, genuinely care about their traders well being. Think about it... they refer to us as "their traders"... It's a subtle thing... but it has deep implications in how they treat us. I've had accounts at half a dozen brokerages before, and believe me... I've been a "customer" at every one.

I don't know... I just felt like saying thank you to the time and energy that FT puts into his "traders", because it's waaaaay above and beyond anything that would be expected. It's worth way more than what the commissions they get from my account.

I know I've heard some people here bash trading rooms and such... and for some good reasons... but to be a part of the group of traders helping each other grow there is also something I've come to be proud of. You guys know who you are.

Just what is on my mind after my daily trade review and journaling today.

Much love

-IT7

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, MT4
Broker: LMAX
Trading: DAX, Gold, Euro
Thanks Given: 1,740
Thanks Received: 2,568

Great stuff. I liked FT71 webinars a lot and find them to be ones of the best for risk management and trading mentality guidances. I considered opening an account at Stage5 as a client, but don't like huge margins. I always prefer to send only a necessary margin and a max dd money to my broker, instead of having there a substantial sum sitting doing nothing while I swing 2% portion of it. Good business for them to invest into money market funds, bad business for me.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:
 indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

It's been over a year since I've posted here. It's been over a year of relentless hard work.

Recently I started a combine. Today I passed that combine.

Today I'm 100 times the trader I was a year ago - in terms of belief system, in terms of self-awareness, and even in terms of being a technical analyst. Don't get me wrong, I still have work to do, and I always will, but as hard as things have been... as hard as I've been on myself... it's fitting to take a little time for a pat on the back. We should be good to ourselves whenever possible, but always realistic.

I felt obligated to share this here, as so many people took time out of their schedules to drop me words of wisdom, words of truth, and words of encouragement. I appreciate all of you.

Cheers to crushing goals! I'll post further updates as things finalize.

-IT7

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

indextrader7 View Post
It's been over a year since I've posted here. It's been over a year of relentless hard work.

Today I'm 100 times the trader I was a year ago - in terms of belief system, in terms of self-awareness, and even in terms of being a technical analyst. Don't get me wrong, I still have work to do, and I always will, but as hard as things have been... as hard as I've been on myself... it's fitting to take a little time for a pat on the back. We should be good to ourselves whenever possible, but always realistic.

I felt obligated to share this here, as so many people took time out of their schedules to drop me words of wisdom, words of truth, and words of encouragement. I appreciate all of you.

-IT7

IT felt really good to hear this.

Bravo!

It must have been an amazing journey!

I am proud of you.

- iqgod

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Daytrader999 
Ilsede, Germany
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Rithmic / CQG / Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 2,067
Thanks Received: 2,316

indextrader7 View Post

-IT7

That's really good news and great to hear, especially after all the trouble you've been going through one year ago...

So, congrats for passing the combine and I'm looking forward to your updates on your journey.

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." - Jim Rohn
Thanked by:
 cmmichaels 
London England

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Metatrader
Trading: Spot $
Thanks Given: 1,081
Thanks Received: 149

indextrader7 View Post

-IT7

Still the man

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

DarkPoolTrading   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,244
Thanks Received: 1,326

Congrats! Will you be posting your TST trade report?

Diversification is the only free lunch
Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:
 indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

DarkPoolTrading View Post
Congrats! Will you be posting your TST trade report?

Indeed. I plan on doing a full summary, per the intention of this thread.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes!

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Here's the first part of the review I will post; the general stats. I've mentioned before that the TST Trade Report stats are not even close to accurate for someone that scales in and out of trades. My stats here are calculated on a one trade being flat to flat basis. All calculations include commission costs.

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

And here is the TST Report through yesterday.

A bit more clarity for you all. Technically, I am not through, but practically I am. Profit target is achieved with a surplus of $235 as of yesterday which was day 6 out of 10. The only thing I could potentially not satisfy is the >50% winning days. I had a profitable morning scalp today to achieve another winning day. So I've had 5 profitable days in the books through today (day 7). That leaves me having to be profitable on 1 of the remaining 3 days to lock that in at 60% winning days.

I will continue to update. I also will do more of a qualitative review of the combine and the year of work and growth.

Closed Thread

Last Updated on August 28, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts