NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

DTN IQFeed's Dave Forss (Business Development Manager) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Robert Carrillo with 84 posts (167 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 52 posts (114 thanks)
    3. looks_3 IQFeed James with 31 posts (49 thanks)
    4. looks_4 josh with 19 posts (37 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Robert Carrillo with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 josh with 1.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 IQFeed James with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 137,887 views
    2. thumb_up 531 thanks given
    3. group 53 followers
    1. forum 316 posts
    2. attach_file 20 attachments

Search this Thread

DTN IQFeed's Dave Forss (Business Development Manager) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Harlequin 
Jakarta

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra
Trading: Bund
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 13

Robert,

just for fun, can you please elaborate more about this feature from nanex

i've got funny feelings after watching it for a while....
looks like a skynet technology.. only a terminator can operate it for trading... lol

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management

Robert Carrillo 
Omaha NE

Platform: IQFeed compatible
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 234
Thanks Received: 376

Harlequin View Post
Robert,

just for fun, can you please elaborate more about this feature from nanex

It’s a 3D graphical presentation of the data for the ES. The top graph is the trades and the depth of market. The bottom two graphs are the depth levels 1 -10. Just a different way to display than the standard DOM window.

Pretty cool stuff.

Thanked by:

Jura   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,352
Thanks Received: 690

Robert Carrillo View Post
It’s a 3D graphical presentation of the data for the ES. The top graph is the trades and the depth of market. The bottom two graphs are the depth levels 1 -10. Just a different way to display than the standard DOM window.

Pretty cool stuff.

Robert, can you comment concretely on how IQFeed performed on April 23 from 13:08:07.583 onward? I suppose you measure your lag both in absolute terms and relative to your competitors, and I think it will be informative to learn how IQFeed performed since this will probably not be the last 'mini flash crash'-event.

You probably can't answer this due to competition concerns but since this is a 'ask me anything'-thread, one cannot be blamed for trying right?

Thanked by:

Robert Carrillo 
Omaha NE

Jura View Post
Robert, can you comment concretely on how IQFeed performed on April 23 from 13:08:07.583 onward? I suppose you measure your lag both in absolute terms and relative to your competitors, and I think it will be informative to learn how IQFeed performed since this will probably not be the last 'mini flash crash'-event.

Hi Jura,

We didn’t experience any issues on 4/23 within our systems nor did we receive an increase in customer contacts. We don’t compare our feeds to competitors on an ongoing basis either. We also don’t “measure lag” outside of our internal systems since doing so would only give a measurement for a single scenario when in reality our customers all have unique systems (ISP, Internet path, bandwidth, modems, routers, PC’s, antivirus software, analytics software and symbols being watched).

Thanks.

Thanked by:

Jura   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,352
Thanks Received: 690

We didn’t experience any issues on 4/23 within our systems nor did we receive an increase in customer contacts.

Ah okay, that's good to know. Just for the record (before I give readers of this thread a wrong expression), I didn't experience problems with IQFeed. But since these events (probably?) put a large strain on your infrastructure, I was wondering how that went from your side. Good to know it was business as usual.

We don’t compare our feeds to competitors on an ongoing basis either. We also don’t “measure lag” outside of our internal systems since doing so would only give a measurement for a single scenario when in reality our customers all have unique systems (ISP, Internet path, bandwidth, modems, routers, PC’s, antivirus software, analytics software and symbols being watched).

True. I used the more popular word "lag" when "internal latency" would have been more accurate.

Thanks btw.

boze man 
South Jersey

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra
Broker: IB
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 21
Thanks Received: 62

Hi Mike,

DDE functionality is available to all IQFeed users. Open IQLink Launcher like so (notice Sample DDE Spreadsheet there as well):

The DDE interface directly supported with IQFeed provides streaming data on a symbol basis only. We don't include an interface for T&S, chains, etc. If you want more advanced functionality feeding data into Excel, I would suggest looking at XLQ or QuoteIN (3rd party apps) as they both provide a more efficient feed from IQFeed into Excel as well as advanced functionality and formulas.

While Kinetick subscribers are receiving IQFeed data, they do not have IQLink Launcher since they haven't installed IQFeed Client (yet another difference between the services).

Hey Robert...has the DDE interface been updated in 5.0 or is it the same as in the current version 4.9?

Thanked by:

Robert Carrillo 
Omaha NE

boze man View Post
Hey Robert...has the DDE interface been updated in 5.0 or is it the same as in the current version 4.9?

Hi boze man,

No changes with DDE for 5.0. BTW we are planning on promoting 5.0 out of beta this afternoon.

Thanks.

Thanked by:

Robert Carrillo 
Omaha NE

is now live and available for download.

Thanks!

Thanked by:
 djarum11 
Boston, MA

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: EdgeClear
Trading: futures
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 28

Hi Robert,

I am looking for a low cost historical data feed for MultiCharts.

Is there an equivalent to the Investor RT DTN MA product (for historical data) for MultiCharts?

Can you comment on the pros/cons between your recommended data product for MultiCharts, and Kinetick?

thank you.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Robert Carrillo 
Omaha NE

djarum11 View Post
Hi Robert,

I am looking for a low cost historical data feed for MultiCharts.

Is there an equivalent to the Investor RT DTN MA product (for historical data) for MultiCharts?

Hi djarum11,

Unfortunately, DTN MA is a legacy service we no longer have the infrastructure nor support for. Investor/RT customers still have that option (directly through IRT), but it’s something we can no longer offer to developers, including existing partners such as MultiCharts. IQFeed Basic Service does provides the same historical data found in DTN MA, but also over 600 real-time indexes/indicators updated every one second, real-time streaming news, the ability to use multiple software and world-class support.

djarum11 View Post
Can you comment on the pros/cons between your recommended data product for MultiCharts, and Kinetick?

thank you.

Kinetick is the best retail data feed available, IMHO, but can be used only with NT, does not provide data for ICE (TF), intraday historical is limited to 2 years according to Kinetick site (IQFeed back to May 2007 for stocks/futures/indexes and back to Sept 2005 for minis), there is no API available, and Support is limited to email during normal business hours (IQFeed has Live Support Chat, toll-free phone support and 24 hrs/day email Support M-F...critical for customers outside U.S.). Finally, while Kinetick subscribers can view news in NT, some feel that NT's news reader is not intuitive. IQFeed subscribers can use data in NT (or any other software) and also have access to IQFeed News Client at no additional charge.

Thanks!

Thanked by:

Last Updated on August 22, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts