NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Topstep with 258 posts (612 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 121 posts (306 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 49 posts (167 thanks)
    4. looks_4 emini2000 with 36 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two DarkPoolTrading with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Topstep with 2.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 491,349 views
    2. thumb_up 2,123 thanks given
    3. group 387 followers
    1. forum 1,296 posts
    2. attach_file 44 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

MsFutures 
Manchester, NH

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 153
Thanks Received: 28

Hoag View Post

The weekly loss limit does not follow the high water mark for the week. In the 50k account, the weekly loss limit remains $1,000 below the account balance at the beginning of the week. It does not trail through the week.
Hoag

Question is regarding "the account balance at the beginning of the week". Week One beginning account balance is zero. How about following week?

I just started 100K FTP and in order to be 100% sure about the rules I called the funding team regarding the Weekly Loss Limit. Specifically I asked how weekly loss was calculated. I was told the beginning balance of the week is zero. So if at the end of Week One there is a balance of +$500, it does not carry into Week 2's beginning balance, as Week 2 beginning balance will be zero. This could be a little different from the quote above, which I interpret as though the balance from Week One will be the beginning balance of Week Two, though others might interpret differently. Hoag could you please confirm either way. Thanks.

MsFutures

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

Hoag 
Chicago Illinois

Platform: T4
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 317

MsFutures View Post
Question is regarding "the account balance at the beginning of the week". Week One beginning account balance is zero. How about following week?

I just started 100K FTP and in order to be 100% sure about the rules I called the funding team regarding the Weekly Loss Limit. Specifically I asked how weekly loss was calculated. I was told the beginning balance of the week is zero. So if at the end of Week One there is a balance of +$500, it does not carry into Week 2's beginning balance, as Week 2 beginning balance will be zero. This could be a little different from the quote above, which I interpret as though the balance from Week One will be the beginning balance of Week Two, though others might interpret differently. Hoag could you please confirm either way. Thanks.

MsFutures

MsFutures,

In your example, after the first week, your account balance is +$500. In the 100k account, the weekly loss limit is $2,000 so for the weekly loss limit to be hit during the second week, the account balance would need to breach -$1,500, exactly $2,000 below the account balance at the beginning of the second week.

Starting the second week with a +$500 balance, say you make $1,000 on Monday making your balance +$1,500. Your weekly loss limit is still if the overall account balance reaches - $1,500, you would be at your weekly loss limit.

I hope this cleared this up for you. Trade well!

Hoag

If you have any questions about our Trading Combine or the opportunity to get funded through TopstepTrader, please visit www.topsteptrader.com or contact us at [email protected] or 888.407.1611.
Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:
 Nowytarg 
Poland

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: FGBL, FESX
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 2

TopstepTrader View Post
Traders,

Are you still exploring offering other products, specifically ICE, Eurex, Forex?:

We continue to actively explore expanding into new products and asset classes. Some are more realistic and imminent than others, but nothing is definitive. We soon plan to test offering products from a new popular exchange, and depending on those results, we hope to make an exciting announcement in the near future.

Hope that helps,

Michael

==> Any updates?

Thanked by:

Andrewt 
Perth Western Australia

Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Mirus
Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 8

Nowytarg View Post
==> Any updates?

Hello, Michael,
Thanks for you comments, Myself and my trading buddies are located in Australia, and we would love to have access to the Osaka exchange through TST and be able to trade the Mini Nikkei 225. I am sure a lot of Asia would also like this option, so as to be a daytrader in the true sense of the word, instead of the red eye night shift we currently do while trading during the US session.
I hope you would consider this please.
Yours
Andrew

jdox 
Chicago, Illinois

Platform: Ninja
Thanks Given: 776
Thanks Received: 62

If you hit the max trailing drawdown on the combine, do you have to pay for a reset to start over? Or will it get reset the next time you are billed?

t0030tr 
Detroit, Michigan, USA

Platform: NT8 w/TTP
Broker: IB/Kinetick/CQG
Thanks Given: 28
Thanks Received: 84

You have to pay for a reset.

Sent from my SM-N915V using NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:

t0030tr 
Detroit, Michigan, USA

Platform: NT8 w/TTP
Broker: IB/Kinetick/CQG
Thanks Given: 28
Thanks Received: 84

Your monthly just keeps you in the combine.

Sent from my SM-N915V using NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:
 jdox 
Chicago, Illinois

Platform: Ninja
Thanks Given: 776
Thanks Received: 62

So what if I cancel my account? Can I sign up again?

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

jdox View Post
So what if I cancel my account? Can I sign up again?

Yes.

I have done many Combines, and not (yet) passed. I have only occasionally done a "Reset".

You are allowed to cancel at any time, just send an email a few days before your renewal date. You can then start a new one. There is no problem with this.... To make sure it would be legit, I emailed them to make sure, and the reply was that it is fine under the rules.

Sometimes it is more convenient to just hit the Reset button, when you have a lot of time left in your monthly subscription. and you think you could pass it with a Reset before the next subscription payment. Otherwise, you can just Cancel and resubscribe.

Bob.

KahunaDog 
Hawaii at the beach

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Nt8, MotiveWave, TOS
Broker: S5
Trading: ES, ZB fine alcohol and muscle cars
Thanks Given: 1,168
Thanks Received: 412

Topstep-
1. Once funded and profitable, for the various accounts...
what are your suggestions for how much of a balance to leave in?

For example...
If I'm trading the 50k acct...
keeping 10000?

as wouldn't going down to 0 in my profits equate to dismissal?

2. What is the most common way prop traders declare their business entity? What business entity is the most commonat TST? What are your suggestions?
I'd like to write off some trading education and news subscriptions

Fall Seven Get Up Eight
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Closed Thread

Last Updated on January 31, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts