NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Topstep with 258 posts (612 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 121 posts (306 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 49 posts (167 thanks)
    4. looks_4 emini2000 with 36 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two DarkPoolTrading with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Topstep with 2.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 491,188 views
    2. thumb_up 2,123 thanks given
    3. group 387 followers
    1. forum 1,296 posts
    2. attach_file 44 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

emini2000
Atlanta GA USA

Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 271

supreme23 View Post
Why choose to move to earn2trade ? Arent they a bit pricier per month ?

No. You have to remember the Gauntlet is 2 months long. So E2T's fee, to get monthly has to be divided in half. Many people don't think about that when comparing the price of TST to E2T. They compare one month of TST to 2 months of E2T.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 SawDr 
Washington, DC

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja and TOS
Broker: Ninja
Trading: CL, ES
Thanks Given: 114
Thanks Received: 62

supreme23 View Post
Why choose to move to earn2trade ? Arent they a bit pricier per month ?

Have you done any research on your own into earn2trade vs topstep? If you did, you would have the answer to your own question.

Thanked by:
Topstep
Chicago, IL

Thanks Given: 77
Thanks Received: 746

Hi all - trading certainly is hard, and the Step 1 / Step 2 structure was designed to ease traders into what we view as proper risk management for trading live capital.

However, on the point about resetting in Step 2 and the rules changing, that is mistaken. The rules do not change with a reset and rarely do we change the rules in our program. If we ever do, we provide ample notice and grandfather existing users into the change.

The program is completely objective, and we encourage any trader interested to review and understand the rules before they sign up.

Finally, we frequently share stories of traders who are making progress and finding success in the TopstepTrader program. Anyone can go to https://blog.topsteptrader.com/topic/topsteptrader-funded-traders for real stories.

Thanked by:
 skfutures 
North vancouver

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader, Firetip
Trading: ES YM
Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 42

Is it normal for NQ to trigger stop even though market never traded at the price? It's just by one tick but it's happening too many times. Sorry if this question is stupid. I had stop at 6885.25 and it was triggered even though I do not see any transaction at the price...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-01-17_1120.png
Views:	354
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	261518  
 skfutures 
North vancouver

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader, Firetip
Trading: ES YM
Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 42

I am sorry I meant stop was at 6884.25

Topstep
Chicago, IL

Thanks Given: 77
Thanks Received: 746

skfutures View Post
Is it normal for NQ to trigger stop even though market never traded at the price? It's just by one tick but it's happening too many times. Sorry if this question is stupid. I had stop at 6885.25 and it was triggered even though I do not see any transaction at the price...

Hi, @skfutures. Great question. One tick in sim is possible. The stop triggers when the bid and/or offer reaches that price. If the price traded 6885.00 / 6885.25, the stop triggers when the bid and/or offer reaches that price. This stop would trigger even though that price may never trade. We'd be happy to jump on a call with you if you'd like. You can also contact us at [email protected] to speak directly with a Trader Support representative.

gean 
Bangkok

Platform: Ninja trader 8
Trading: futures and stocks
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 2

Hello Togther

i start a combine 50k and i hope i can get it some people tell it dont work with a 50k combine the leverage is to high.
i want post everyday i trade

my favorite Market i trade is Crude and i have now a defizite from 1000$ i look forward to get in a positive way .

I be happy when anybody are interested in conversation about TST and the experience.

Gean

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	combine-Topsteptrader.PNG
Views:	268
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	262161   Click image for larger version

Name:	combine-Topsteptrader1.PNG
Views:	317
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	262163  
Follow me on Twitter
 gean 
Bangkok

Platform: Ninja trader 8
Trading: futures and stocks
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 2

So first day is done after i take a Reset and now i use i other way to trade i hope it works.
i use only one contract only

First Day i have a really nice Trade and let him run and not close early .

Follow me on Twitter

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

gean View Post
So first day is done after i take a Reset and now i use i other way to trade i hope it works.
i use only one contract only

First Day i have a really nice Trade and let him run and not close early .

This thread is questions for Michael Patak of TopstepTrader, not to post your own trades.

If you want to post your trades or start a trading discussion, you should start a trading journal thread for that. Go to either the Trading Journals link on the main page or the Elite Trading Journals and click on the New Thread tab:

https://nexusfi.com/trading-journals/
https://nexusfi.com/elite-trading-journals/

By the way, the Trade Report shows 2 contracts, because you did a buy (one contract) and a sell (another contract). You will always see the number of contracts recorded like that, which seems like double what you used but is in fact correct.

Bob.

Thanked by:
canoekoh
Chicago, IL

Thanks Given: 56
Thanks Received: 98

Hello Michael,

I started the trading combine for my very first time this past Tuesday using the Sierra Chart platform. When one selects Sierra Chart as their platform of choice when initially setting up the Combine, TST provides account details for CTS T4 FIX data feed.

Well, while trading on Wed, Thurs, Fri, the CTS feed would freeze once or twice every single minute during high volume periods. Each freeze would last around 5-7 seconds, after which the price may have moved considerably. During the freeze, you couldn't place or cancel any orders. It was a very untradeable environment. The only times it doesn't freeze is during outside-trading hours with very low volume and volatility.

I thought something was wrong with my computer, network, or platform, or platform settings so I did a search on the SierraChart support board as well as inquired to their engineering team about this issue.

What I found out is this has been a persistent issue for quite some time and it is an issue on CTS's end. Sierrachart has become so fed up with dealing with CTS that they are recently created their own order routing solution partnering with TT and are working on their own futures evaluator service.

See here for all the threads from people complaining about this issue while using CTS+Sierrachart with TST:

https://www.sierrachart.com/SupportBoard.php?ThreadID=40824
https://www.sierrachart.com/SupportBoard.php?ThreadID=40825
https://www.sierrachart.com/SupportBoard.php?ThreadID=40472
https://www.sierrachart.com/SupportBoard.php?ThreadID=40473
https://www.sierrachart.com/SupportBoard.php?ThreadID=40480
https://www.sierrachart.com/SupportBoard.php?ThreadID=40163
https://www.sierrachart.com/SupportBoard.php?ThreadID=39706

Importantly, Topsteptrader just confirmed with me today via email exchange that Sierrachart had already informed TST that SC would cease development support for CTS. So it is clear that even TST is aware that at the very least, the CTS T4 SIM server has problems and that Sierrachart is no longer providing additional support for it.

YET you guys still forced new users (who had never used CTS before) like me who selected SC as their platform to set up with the CTS T4 data feed.

Then when I asked Topsteptrader support over email if they could switch me over to the Rithmic feed, they replied:

"Thanks for reaching out to us!
You are able to use Rithmic data feed for SierraCharts.
In order to do this, you will need to purchase a new Trading Combine with NinjaTrader and connect with SeirraCharts. You will be able to use this in the Funded Account as well."

Michael, with all due respect, are you kidding me?

I just paid for a 50k Combine for my very first time this past Tuesday and TST sets up my platform with a datafeed that you guys knew was so problematic that Sierrachart INFORMED you guys that they would no longer support CTS. Then as a result when I request a datafeed switch 4 days into my Combine, you guys have the gall to ask me to pony up another $165 for a new Combine?

As I wrote on my email to TST support, I also wanted TST to extend my next billing date by 3 days since the past 3 days of trading were so untradeable due to the data feed freezes. But this request was totally ignored.

If you guys are unwilling to extend my next billing date by 3 days, then at the very least, switch me over to the Rithmic datafeed without forcing me to pay $165 again. I am currently up $900 on step 1 of the Combine so if you switch me over, I would like to also have my account balance transferred over. I sunk so many hours this week into trading the Combine I am unwilling to start from $0 again.

I went with TST over Oneuptrader because TST seemed to be the more professional and transparent company but this is just ridiculous.

Closed Thread

Last Updated on January 31, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts