NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Topstep with 258 posts (612 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 121 posts (306 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 49 posts (167 thanks)
    4. looks_4 emini2000 with 36 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two DarkPoolTrading with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Topstep with 2.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 491,349 views
    2. thumb_up 2,123 thanks given
    3. group 387 followers
    1. forum 1,296 posts
    2. attach_file 44 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

Nowytarg 
Poland

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: FGBL, FESX
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 2

I am aware that this question has been asked many times before, but I am sure that many are keen to know what the hold up is for the inclusion of Eurex products in the Combine. Do you have any information for us regarding a time estimation? Surely if it has taken this long it must mean that you are not able to include them for whatever reason? Please clarify?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

Tymbeline 
Leeds UK
Market Wizard

Platform: Tradovate
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: MES, MNQ
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 2,342
Thanks Received: 1,054

Nowytarg View Post
I am aware that this question has been asked many times before, but I am sure that many are keen to know what the hold up is for the inclusion of Eurex products in the Combine.

This question surprised me: I've seen it discussed of "forex", not so much of "Eurex products"? Posts #554 and #555 on page 56 above may help/interest you, anyway?

TraderFish 
Sydney, NSW Australia

Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 19

Slightly off topic, but can someone fill me in on why people are so keen to have Forex when CME currency futures are already available?

I know they behave slightly differently, but I can't see why so many people would find them more attractive than futures. I mean, there are some pretty exotic currency pairs out there, but I would assume TST would only allow people to trade the majors, at least on combine/LTP.

Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:

Hoag 
Chicago Illinois

Experience: Advanced
Platform: T4
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 317

Nowytarg View Post
I am aware that this question has been asked many times before, but I am sure that many are keen to know what the hold up is for the inclusion of Eurex products in the Combine. Do you have any information for us regarding a time estimation? Surely if it has taken this long it must mean that you are not able to include them for whatever reason? Please clarify?

Nowytarg,

Eurex products are on the list for inclusion in the Trading Combine. We have a couple of projects first so I do not have a timeline though. Thanks for your interest, it is very important for us to know of your interest. Trade well.

Hoag

If you have any questions about our Trading Combine or the opportunity to get funded through TopstepTrader, please visit www.topsteptrader.com or contact us at [email protected] or 888.407.1611.
Follow me on Twitter

Hoag 
Chicago Illinois

TraderFish View Post
Slightly off topic, but can someone fill me in on why people are so keen to have Forex when CME currency futures are already available?

I know they behave slightly differently, but I can't see why so many people would find them more attractive than futures. I mean, there are some pretty exotic currency pairs out there, but I would assume TST would only allow people to trade the majors, at least on combine/LTP.

TraderFish,

We can't speak for everyone, but the Forex market is huge and the Forex traders are used to the platforms and order entry, as well as the leverage. We will be offering the Forex markets in the Trading Combine, again I can not give a timeline, but we want traders to have the ability to products and tools they are used to. Thank you for your question and interest. Trade well.

Hoag

If you have any questions about our Trading Combine or the opportunity to get funded through TopstepTrader, please visit www.topsteptrader.com or contact us at [email protected] or 888.407.1611.
Follow me on Twitter
pavanb15589
Bangalore+India

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 26

Hello Topstep,

I see FXCM in the list of your platforms in another Topstep profile page on futures.io (formerly BMT) but I do not see tradestation when I go to Combine page. Do you offer tradestation for Combine.

And how will the initial Combine payment be refunded. Will it be reversed to the mode of payment or some other way?

Hoag 
Chicago Illinois

pavanb15589 View Post
Hello Topstep,

I see FXCM in the list of your platforms in another Topstep profile page on futures.io (formerly BMT) but I do not see tradestation when I go to Combine page. Do you offer tradestation for Combine.

And how will the initial Combine payment be refunded. Will it be reversed to the mode of payment or some other way?

Hello panvan15589,

Tradestation is not currently offered for use in the Combine. Combine deposit refunds will be reversed to the mode of payment. I hope this helps, always ask if you have any further questions. Trade well!

John Hoagland

Follow me on Twitter
pavanb15589
Bangalore+India

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 26

Hello John,

I have been using the practice account for a while now and as I have never ever traded US stocks or Futures market ever, I have come up with a plan to go through combine.

Although, the account has been really helpful, I would like to know if Combine and the actual funded account will have relatively the same order fills and slippages and any kind of order queue that is experienced on the practice account.

I am aware that all the orders on the practice account are routed to a different paper trading server and this will have entirely different response and the slippages are practically zero since there is no real order processing taking place.

So I would like to know if there is going to be any difference between the Combine, Funded and Practice account and if so, by up to what extent, may I know?

Thank You,
Pavan

ArbTrader 
San Jose, CA USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 39
Thanks Received: 18

"Enter the Continuous Combine and you'll have unlimited trading days to reach the Objective (below). The monthly cost of the Continuous Combine is non-refundable, set to recur 30 days from the sign up date. There is a two month minimum commitment, unless you meet the Combine Objective in the first month."

It is my understanding that deposit is refundable on 10 day combine if objectives are met, however, its not the case of continuous combine.

Can you please explain reasoning behind the idea?

Surprise
Amman/Jordan

Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 13

I dont get this part : "There is a two month minimum commitment, unless you meet the Combine Objective in the first month."

Closed Thread

Last Updated on January 31, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts