NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Topstep with 258 posts (612 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 121 posts (306 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 49 posts (167 thanks)
    4. looks_4 emini2000 with 36 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two DarkPoolTrading with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Topstep with 2.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 499,555 views
    2. thumb_up 2,123 thanks given
    3. group 387 followers
    1. forum 1,296 posts
    2. attach_file 44 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

Turveyd
Birmingham UK

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 64

Okay looked into the rules some more, most are actually fine with me :-

I don't trade at that time, I don't over night hold, I don't hold over major news events ( I sometimes miss 1, I'd have to be more careful ), I always run a SL.

But......

I trade GBPAUD and DAX I see DAX isn't available not checked GPBAUD side yet.
Although I only run a 15-25SL tops, I do as part of my strategy take a 2nd position frequently, but not always @-7 to -10 area, I could not do it, but it would reduce my profits, would this be allowed or OUT ??

Also for the Combine, there is a Deposit $190 what's that, do I have to pay that in order to do 1 ??

Thanks

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

jerbersoft 
Manila, Philippines

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG,Bookmap,Sierra Chart
Broker: CQG
Trading: BUND
Thanks Given: 47
Thanks Received: 26

any plans to use/integrate TTNET to TST platforms? as a scalp trader in Asia, it would be better to be able to connect to the nearest servers to minimize latency. how about X_TRADER as a platform? any plans to include them? TIA

"You are only as good as the decisions you make."
Follow me on Twitter
Topstep
Chicago, IL

Thanks Given: 77
Thanks Received: 746

Turveyd View Post
Okay looked into the rules some more, most are actually fine with me :-

I don't trade at that time, I don't over night hold, I don't hold over major news events ( I sometimes miss 1, I'd have to be more careful ), I always run a SL.

But......

I trade GBPAUD and DAX I see DAX isn't available not checked GPBAUD side yet.
Although I only run a 15-25SL tops, I do as part of my strategy take a 2nd position frequently, but not always @-7 to -10 area, I could not do it, but it would reduce my profits, would this be allowed or OUT ??

Also for the Combine, there is a Deposit $190 what's that, do I have to pay that in order to do 1 ??

Thanks

Turveyd- The British Pound (6H) is a permitted product in the Combine. As for the Combine deposit, yes all traders that enter must pay this.

futures.io (formerly BMT) elite's receive a discount on their first Combine.

mp

Thanked by:
Topstep
Chicago, IL

Thanks Given: 77
Thanks Received: 746

jerbersoft View Post
any plans to use/integrate TTNET to TST platforms? as a scalp trader in Asia, it would be better to be able to connect to the nearest servers to minimize latency. how about X_TRADER as a platform? any plans to include them? TIA

jerbersoft- As demand increases we will add more platforms. X Trader is on our list of platforms to add. Due to demand it is a lower priority at this time.

mp

Thanked by:
Turveyd
Birmingham UK

TopstepTrader View Post
Turveyd- The British Pound (6H) is a permitted product in the Combine. As for the Combine deposit, yes all traders that enter must pay this.

futures.io (formerly BMT) elite's receive a discount on their first Combine.

mp

A bit odd, everything else is free free free free free, but you have to pay to basically try out for a live account.

Anyone know anyone on here who's passed and making money from them ??

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,217
Thanks Received: 101,603

Turveyd View Post
A bit odd, everything else is free free free free free, but you have to pay to basically try out for a live account.

Anyone know anyone on here who's passed and making money from them ??

If you would spend a few minutes searching you will find all your questions answered. There are probably 100+ journals on futures.io (formerly BMT) with traders in Combines, many of which were funded over the years.

On your "free, free, free" comment, I admit I laughed because I relate it to futures.io (formerly BMT). I created the Elite Member system on futures.io (formerly BMT) to prevent the site from becoming like other forums, overrun with trolls who have no vested interest in the community they are posting in. On futures.io (formerly BMT), almost everyone that is an active member is an Elite Member which means they invested money in the community, and that goes a long way to weed out all of those who aren't serious. That is also why there is more Elite-only content than non-Elite content on the site, tucked away and hidden from view from non-Elite Members.

Anyway, the point is simply that if TST had a "free" model, they would be overwhelmed with people who have no business trading and that don't treat it seriously. Not to mention their system could then be gamed since you have no monetary investment in your success. A terrible idea that has been covered before many times on futures.io (formerly BMT).

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,217
Thanks Received: 101,603

@Turveyd,

After reviewing your journal:

I would strongly, strongly advise you against doing a combine at this time. You have a large number of problems with your trading that you should attempt to resolve on your own before doing and then failing a combine.

I do commend you for having a journal. I will post a comment in your journal with something that may help you in a moment.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
Turveyd
Birmingham UK

Big Mike View Post
If you would spend a few minutes searching you will find all your questions answered. There are probably 100+ journals on futures.io (formerly BMT) with traders in Combines, many of which were funded over the years.

On your "free, free, free" comment, I admit I laughed because I relate it to futures.io (formerly BMT). I created the Elite Member system on futures.io (formerly BMT) to prevent the site from becoming like other forums, overrun with trolls who have no vested interest in the community they are posting in. On futures.io (formerly BMT), almost everyone that is an active member is an Elite Member which means they invested money in the community, and that goes a long way to weed out all of those who aren't serious. That is also why there is more Elite-only content than non-Elite content on the site, tucked away and hidden from view from non-Elite Members.

Anyway, the point is simply that if TST had a "free" model, they would be overwhelmed with people who have no business trading and that don't treat it seriously. Not to mention their system could then be gamed since you have no monetary investment in your success. A terrible idea that has been covered before many times on futures.io (formerly BMT).

Mike

Difference from a one off fee to something that may take 5 attempts costing $1000, but yes you do have to limit time wasters.

DAX would swing it, mainly best mover and they put in protection with delays from HFT trades I believe.

tturner86 
Portland, Oregon

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: F-16CM-40
Trading: GBU-39
Thanks Given: 10,459
Thanks Received: 12,695

Turveyd View Post
Difference from a one off fee to something that may take 5 attempts costing $1000, but yes you do have to limit time wasters.

DAX would swing it, mainly best mover and they put in protection with delays from HFT trades I believe.

Still better to spend $1000 attempting the combine and realize you can't trade, then to blow a $10k-$25k account out to come to the same conclusion.

TST combine provides you a way to mix sim and real. Your deposit means that you have skin in the game more then demo, but less then funding an account.

If I could do it over again I would have done TST first.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Turveyd
Birmingham UK

tturner86 View Post
Still better to spend $1000 attempting the combine and realize you can't trade, then to blow a $10k-$25k account out to come to the same conclusion.

TST combine provides you a way to mix sim and real. Your deposit means that you have skin in the game more then demo, but less then funding an account.

If I could do it over again I would have done TST first.

I ownly started with the $300 to fund the account then added $100 when needed ( frequently at first ), I'm around Break Even here, not bad for 9years of grief

Sure be worth it, if I can withdraw $5000 per month and keep my own account growing at the same time.

Need a holiday first though!

Closed Thread

Last Updated on January 31, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts