NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Topstep with 258 posts (612 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 121 posts (306 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 49 posts (167 thanks)
    4. looks_4 emini2000 with 36 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two DarkPoolTrading with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Topstep with 2.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 491,349 views
    2. thumb_up 2,123 thanks given
    3. group 387 followers
    1. forum 1,296 posts
    2. attach_file 44 attachments

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

emini2000
Atlanta GA USA

Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 271

Could anybody tell me as of now a full list of what instruments can be traded now during the combine?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

lemons 
Tallinn, Estonia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC
Trading: NAS100

emini2000 View Post
Could anybody tell me as of now a full list of what instruments can be traded now during the combine?

Permissible Products/Times to Trade ? Help & Feedback Center

t0030tr 
Detroit, Michigan, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT8 w/TTP
Broker: IB/Kinetick/CQG
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 28
Thanks Received: 84

Good evening Michael and maybe John can answer here as well. My question is how do you decide what combine recruits go through LTP and which ones do not if I may ask?

If a recruit puts in the combine + LTP total $$ using LTP rules, should a recruit be required to do LTP?

I am of course being somewhat self serving here Boss.

DJTrader 
Olympia Washington USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: futures: oil, ES, EC, TF, GC
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 1

As part of due diligence I want to know the CEO compensation of a publicly traded company. I would think this info is filed with the SEC. Can you tell me what forms to search for and the best websites to search? Thanks DAve H

Hoag 
Chicago Illinois

Platform: T4
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 317

t0030tr View Post
Good evening Michael and maybe John can answer here as well. My question is how do you decide what combine recruits go through LTP and which ones do not if I may ask?

If a recruit puts in the combine + LTP total $$ using LTP rules, should a recruit be required to do LTP?

I am of course being somewhat self serving here Boss.

Hello "T"

The Traders who are asked to perform in the Funded Trader Preparation are mainly asked for more information due to an inconsistency in their trading metrics. Large swings in volume, wins vs. losses, risk/reward and overall win percentage to name a few. It's less about the money and more about risk control and consistency.

Hoag

If you have any questions about our Trading Combine or the opportunity to get funded through TopstepTrader, please visit www.topsteptrader.com or contact us at [email protected] or 888.407.1611.
Follow me on Twitter

lemons 
Tallinn, Estonia

Hoag View Post
Hello "T"

The Traders who are asked to perform in the Funded Trader Preparation are mainly asked for more information due to an inconsistency in their trading metrics. Large swings in volume, wins vs. losses, risk/reward and overall win percentage to name a few. It's less about the money and more about risk control and consistency.

Hoag

But way LTP is different than Combine ?
On Monday I heard that LTP is not continues like Combine.

Its another thing that Combine trader must change.

In Combine we trade one way.
In LTP we need to trade other way.

t0030tr 
Detroit, Michigan, USA

Hoag View Post
Hello "T"

Hoag

Ugh, thanks for the reply John, I figured you would say something like that. Alright see you in LTP/FTP sir.

BTW have always wanted to spend some training time with you, just haven't had the time.. It will still happen though at some point.

Thanks, again John

t0030tr 
Detroit, Michigan, USA

lemons View Post
But way LTP is different than Combine ?
On Monday I heard that LTP is not continues like Combine.

Its another thing that Combine trader must change.

In Combine we trade one way.
In LTP we need to trade other way.

I don't think that is the case Lemons. The way to trade for TST remains the same always. Remain profitable.

If you have the skill versatility as a trader to pass a combine, I am sure LTP/FTP will come easy. After all, if you can be profitable conforming to someone else's trading standards, a change in standards won't matter all that much. It then becomes just a matter of time.

DrewDown
Kansas City, MO U.S.

Thanks Given: 301
Thanks Received: 122

I really like the challenge. I've become more disciplined and technical, and less discretionary. Which is how I would need to be trading an underfunded account of my own. I would really like the chance to get funded just because there is a lot of great mentorship available with TST, and looking at the rules and target, it really doesn't seem to hard to me. It's all about sizing positions for the size of the account, sticking to your stoploss, and finding a way of trying to stay out of bad trades.

To any other TST guys, I'm AndrewGar95 in the squawk radio room. Usually in a few days a week, sometimes I'm zoned in enough I don't go in. Or listening to Tasty Trade.

lemons 
Tallinn, Estonia

t0030tr View Post
I don't think that is the case Lemons. The way to trade for TST remains the same always. Remain profitable.

If you have the skill versatility as a trader to pass a combine, I am sure LTP/FTP will come easy. After all, if you can be profitable conforming to someone else's trading standards, a change in standards won't matter all that much. It then becomes just a matter of time.

No.

Combine is continues but LTP is fix to 10 trading days.
Lets say in Continues Combine your average day is 50 $.
Lets say you keep the same average 50 $ day then with
10 days you make 500 $ but passing the LTP you need to
make depending of Combine. 30'000 LTP target is 750 $
50'000 LTP target is 1500$.

You can be successful in many Combines but you can never
pass the LTP with 50 $ daily average.

Last Updated on January 31, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts