NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Topstep with 258 posts (612 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 121 posts (306 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 49 posts (167 thanks)
    4. looks_4 emini2000 with 36 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two DarkPoolTrading with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Topstep with 2.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 491,349 views
    2. thumb_up 2,123 thanks given
    3. group 387 followers
    1. forum 1,296 posts
    2. attach_file 44 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

Bau250
Chicago, IL

Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 26

Just curious as to why no TF? Any upcoming plans to integrate it into your program?

Thanks

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
Topstep
Chicago, IL

Thanks Given: 77
Thanks Received: 746

Bau250 View Post
Just curious as to why no TF? Any upcoming plans to integrate it into your program?

Thanks

Bau250- We will be announcing some exciting new changes to our Funded Accounts here very soon. One of the exciting changes will be allowing Funded Traders to trade Eurex and/or ICE products much much sooner. I will update when we publicly announce.

mp

Topstep
Chicago, IL

---
TopstepTrader and NinjaTrader partner to offer free tools and funding to traders
---

TopstepTrader and NinjaTrader are excited to announce a new unprecedented partnership. For the first time in its history, NinjaTrader has agreed to provide their award winning trading platform to TopstepTrader users for FREE ($60 value per month!). Now, anyone with a TopstepTrader account can take advantage of trading on a real-time data feed with best-in-class trading software.

Love NinjaTrader but sick of end of day data? Don't have the capital for a brokerage account but want to use professional trading software? Currently use NinjaTrader and are looking for more capital to trade with? Sick of paying for a data feed or maintaining a brokerage account just to trade sim with no end goal?

Join TopstepTrader and enter the Combine today.

With the release of these free licenses, our traders now have even more of an advantage for success in the markets. In addition to trading on the most widely used futures platform, those TST traders who earn a funded account are entitled to a discounted lifetime license and deeply discounted commissions through NinjaTrader Brokerage, starting at just $.53 per contract (yes, that is $.53 cents per car).

Sign up for a Trading Combine today to start using your FREE NinjaTrader license!
---

BeachTrader 
Phoenix AZ

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: CL, ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 153
Thanks Received: 432

TopstepTrader View Post
Bau250- We will be announcing some exciting new changes to our Funded Accounts here very soon. One of the exciting changes will be allowing Funded Traders to trade Eurex and/or ICE products much much sooner. I will update when we publicly announce.

mp

So does that mean we still will not be able to trade TF in the Combine?

donovanshane 
Chattanooga, TN/USA

I am trading on the T4 desktop simulator offered by TST's 14 day trial period. The combine simulator and the free trial simulator is all the same correct? Meaning the order queue is simulated the same way during the free trial, as it is during the combine. As I'm sue you know, for a scalper this is very important. Thank you.

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

TopstepTrader and NinjaTrader partner to offer free tools and funding to traders

TopstepTrader and NinjaTrader are excited to announce an unprecedented partnership that will provide all TST users FREE access to the award-winning NinjaTrader platform ($60 value per month!). As our preferred trading platform, anyone with a TopstepTrader account can now take advantage of trading on a real-time data feed with the opportunity to earn a Funded Account, while using best-in-class trading software from NinjaTrader.

Through the custom functionality and numerous add-on applications offered through NinjaTrader, our traders will be in an even better position to capitalize in the markets. Traders who successfully complete the Combine and earn a Funded Account are entitled to a discounted NinjaTrader lifetime license and deeply discounted commissions through NinjaTrader Brokerage, starting at just $.53 per contract.

Thank My New Journal https://nexusfi.com/trading-journals/56579-just-being-trader-letting-go.html
Please visit and thank individual posts if you feel they are / will be serving some purpose for someone! Remember: Gratitude begets gratitude!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:
Topstep
Chicago, IL

BeachTrader View Post
So does that mean we still will not be able to trade TF in the Combine?

BeachTrader- we do not currently have ability to offer ICE or your Eurex in the Trading Combine. This will be available right away for funded traders once we announce the funded account updates.

mp

Thanked by:
Topstep
Chicago, IL

donovanshane View Post
I am trading on the T4 desktop simulator offered by TST's 14 day trial period. The combine simulator and the free trial simulator is all the same correct? Meaning the order queue is simulated the same way during the free trial, as it is during the combine. As I'm sue you know, for a scalper this is very important. Thank you.

Donovanshane- Yes, you are correct. The only difference is trial accounts are not evaluated and Trading Combine accounts are. Your trading experience doesn't change functionality wise but you will experience similar emotions as live trading.

I hope that helps.

mp

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

donovanshane View Post

Yes, to the best of my observation it is same.

For @TopstepTrader

However my gripe with the simulated fills as a scalper is that the fill algorithm is too conservative. It fills your buy order only if the ask moves to that price or when price is trading at that point and the number of bids becomes 0. The queue is not respected, i.e. if there were 10 orders earlier and your one lot makes it 11 and then you see later that the number of orders there is now 30 then there is a fill only when that 30 reaches 0 (not when that 30 reaches 19 when you would have been filled in a real market with the proper queue). I hope this will be addressed as due to this I've to set my profit target one tick lower.

Thank My New Journal https://nexusfi.com/trading-journals/56579-just-being-trader-letting-go.html
Please visit and thank individual posts if you feel they are / will be serving some purpose for someone! Remember: Gratitude begets gratitude!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
 dom64 
London, UK

Experience: Master
Platform: sierra chart, Jigsaw Trading, Bookmap
Trading: 6E futures, Cable

Hi, having just set up a continuous combine, I have received an email with details, which fails to connect. I have sent a couple of emails to support@topstep and no reply. Is there anything I particular to do/somebody to contact to get a combien up and running? Is there nobody to offer support...?

Thanks

Closed Thread

Last Updated on January 31, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts