NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Topstep with 258 posts (612 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 121 posts (306 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 49 posts (167 thanks)
    4. looks_4 emini2000 with 36 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two DarkPoolTrading with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Topstep with 2.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 491,349 views
    2. thumb_up 2,123 thanks given
    3. group 387 followers
    1. forum 1,296 posts
    2. attach_file 44 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

DarkPoolTrading   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,244
Thanks Received: 1,326

Zach b View Post
Hi,
Can you please confirm that when you complete a combine,
and the LTP as documented below, the daily loss and max drawdown you are provided corresponds to the combine level that you have invested in with the only exception being the scaling plan? I have seen some things on the boards to the contrary so wanted to get clarification.
Thanks!

You would certainly expect that to be the case (ie: pass the combine and simply continue trading the same way you did, with the exception of the scaling plan). But no, that is not the case. After going live you only have the max drawdown for 10 days, then it magically disappears. I detailed the issue here quite a while back:

The continuous combine is marketed to a certain type of trader,...yet when that trader passes the combine and gets funded they are placed under arbitrary 10 day rules.

When they implemented that rule, I stopped participating in the combine and returned to my personal account because their business model became crystal clear and no longer aligned with what I consider to be reasonable and in the interest of both parties.

Diversification is the only free lunch
Follow me on Twitter

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 Zach b 
NV

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: fx
Thanks Given: 18
Thanks Received: 11

DarkPoolTrading View Post
You would certainly expect that to be the case (ie: pass the combine and simply continue trading the same way you did, with the exception of the scaling plan). But no, that is not the case. After going live you only have the max drawdown for 10 days, then it magically disappears. I detailed the issue here quite a while back:

The continuous combine is marketed to a certain type of trader,...yet when that trader passes the combine and gets funded they are placed under arbitrary 10 day rules.

When they implemented that rule, I stopped participating in the combine and returned to my personal account because their business model became crystal clear and no longer aligned with what I consider to be reasonable and in the interest of both parties.

Hi DarkPool,
What you mentioned (RE the 10 days) is documented in the image that I posted. My question is just making sure that you get that same max drawdown during those 10 days if that is the combine you pay for, since some of the other older post by other members make it seem like you do not.

Zach b 
NV

Is the scaling plan based on equity high at close or intraday activity?

Hoag 
Chicago Illinois

Experience: Advanced
Platform: T4
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 317

Zach b View Post
Is the scaling plan based on equity high at close or intraday activity?

Zach,

The scaling plan is based on equity high at close and the equity level need not be maintained to continue at the larger trade size.

Hope this clears it up. Trade well.

Hoag

If you have any questions about our Trading Combine or the opportunity to get funded through TopstepTrader, please visit www.topsteptrader.com or contact us at [email protected] or 888.407.1611.
Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:

Hoag 
Chicago Illinois

Zach b View Post
Hi DarkPool,
What you mentioned (RE the 10 days) is documented in the image that I posted. My question is just making sure that you get that same max drawdown during those 10 days if that is the combine you pay for, since some of the other older post by other members make it seem like you do not.

Zach,

You have the same max drawdown you had in the Combine you were successful in for the first 10 trading days. Trade well.

Hoag

If you have any questions about our Trading Combine or the opportunity to get funded through TopstepTrader, please visit www.topsteptrader.com or contact us at [email protected] or 888.407.1611.
Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:
 Zach b 
NV

Thanks for clarifying.

jeffalan 
Raleigh, NC

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 22

A clarifying question please. Are all funded traders funded at the combine levels they have purchased and passed or is every funded trader funded at the $30,000 mark. For instance if you purchased a $150,000 combine and passed it and a LTP is this going to be your funded level? Just curious, Hoag?

TraderG 
Toronto

Platform: NinjaTrader, TOS
Broker: Rithmic
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 9

I have been trading the ES and Crude Oil for my combine. My trading system works very well on CL and not so well on ES. I looks like I have to go back to the drawing board to adapt the system to trading ES. If you judge my performance on just CL, I would qualify for my combine. Is there an option to reset just the ES. I am willing to accept a ban on trading the ES on my live account for some time. It will suck if I have to reset the entire account and start fresh.

Hoag 
Chicago Illinois

jeffalan View Post
A clarifying question please. Are all funded traders funded at the combine levels they have purchased and passed or is every funded trader funded at the $30,000 mark. For instance if you purchased a $150,000 combine and passed it and a LTP is this going to be your funded level? Just curious, Hoag?

Jeffalan,

Yes, your funded level is the same as the Combine your were successful in. We do ask that you scale your strategy initially but the larger account sizes can leverage much quicker.

Hoag

Follow me on Twitter

Hoag 
Chicago Illinois

TraderG View Post
I have been trading the ES and Crude Oil for my combine. My trading system works very well on CL and not so well on ES. I looks like I have to go back to the drawing board to adapt the system to trading ES. If you judge my performance on just CL, I would qualify for my combine. Is there an option to reset just the ES. I am willing to accept a ban on trading the ES on my live account for some time. It will suck if I have to reset the entire account and start fresh.

TraderG,

We are happy to see you are doing well in CL and hopefully improving your skills everyday. The current rules state that each product traded must have a trading average greater than $0 and there is no option to "reset" one product. If you are in a Continuous Combine you can work your way back to profitability in ES and then submit your Combine. I hope this helps clear things up and keep trading well.

Hoag

Follow me on Twitter

Closed Thread

Last Updated on January 31, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts