NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Topstep with 258 posts (612 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 121 posts (306 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 49 posts (167 thanks)
    4. looks_4 emini2000 with 36 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two DarkPoolTrading with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Topstep with 2.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 491,349 views
    2. thumb_up 2,123 thanks given
    3. group 387 followers
    1. forum 1,296 posts
    2. attach_file 44 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

9baller 
Philadelphia, PA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multicharts, Ninja Trader
Broker: Mirus/ZF
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 12

Hello MP,

I agree that you have made things easier...for the 20 day combine....I signed up for 10 day Monday night...get changes Tuesday night...so yes 20 day is easier but not for me....If i had known on Monday that you would relax structure on Tuesday would not have signed up for 10 day....that's my point....

LG

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,536

9baller View Post
Hello MP,

I agree that you have made things easier...for the 20 day combine....I signed up for 10 day Monday night...get changes Tuesday night...so yes 20 day is easier but not for me....If i had known on Monday that you would relax structure on Tuesday would not have signed up for 10 day....that's my point....

LG

Email them, I am sure they will cooperate if you ask nicely.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
Thanked by:

DarkPoolTrading   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,244
Thanks Received: 1,326

9baller View Post
Hello MP,

LG

Current 30k 20 day minimum combine to be completed in 2 months:
In two months there are an average of 42 trading days. The profit target is currently $2000. Therefore an average of 2000 / 42 = $47.62 per day is required

New 30k 20 day limit combine to be completed in 2 months (BUT: when you reach 20 traded days the combine ends). The new profit target is $1500
Therefore an average of 1500 / 20 = $75 per day is required

Diversification is the only free lunch
Follow me on Twitter
Topstep
Chicago, IL

Thanks Given: 77
Thanks Received: 746

Big Mike View Post
Email them, I am sure they will cooperate if you ask nicely.

Mike

Mike- You're correct. We are able to work with you just explain the situation to one of our support team and they will help ensure you are in the best position.

mp

Topstep
Chicago, IL

DarkPoolTrading View Post
In two months there are an average of 42 trading days. The profit target is currently $2000. Therefore an average of 2000 / 42 = $47.62 per day is required

New 30k 20 day limit combine to be completed in 2 months (BUT: when you reach 20 traded days the combine ends). The new profit target is $1500

Darkpool- The first example is trading every single day.

The second example is going back to looking for a trader that has patience and waits for the market to come to them. A trader that treats every day with the utmost importance. This was effective prior to TST introducing the minimum Combine and it will continue to be effective after removing the minimum. If you guys think I'm wrong look at the trade reports for those that have been funded.. They use 10 or 20 days depending on what they signed up for. They do not use 42 days.

We have studied this for a while and concluded that the minimum Combine format needed to be adjusted. It will be adjusted next week. In the last three years we've made continuous changes to the Combine that are in the trader AND equity partner's best interest (as we represent both). This is our most recent change and we look to produce even better talent going forward.

mp

tderrick 
Nashville, Tennessee

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja / Jigsaw / 9G
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: NQ, YM and ES
Thanks Given: 4,260
Thanks Received: 2,532

DarkPoolTrading View Post

Either scenario has me salivating...

...patiently waiting for a robust version of NT / TST. I don't care if it's Christmas - next year!!

The platform must be solid so you can forget about the machine and "just trade" ... you don't want them
to hurry this.

AJ
Nashville, Tennessee

"Life On The Edge of SR"
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

9baller 
Philadelphia, PA

You think 6 months is hurrying?....

curious about t4....is it viable in comparison to NT....I use MC for charting and only use NT for execution with 2 active doms...1 dom uses autotrail OCO stop....other is manually adjusted OCO...

I will take the time to learn t4 if it's workable....does the t4 platform have a RT balance update while in the combine....or do you need to fly blind and login to 3rd party site to confirm combine trades and day's equity....don't see how that works for anyone

LG

Thanked by:

9baller 
Philadelphia, PA

going to dig in to one of my ZEN books and try and relax....frustrating day

Thanked by:
Topstep
Chicago, IL

9baller View Post
You think 6 months is hurrying?....

curious about t4....is it viable in comparison to NT....I use MC for charting and only use NT for execution with 2 active doms...1 dom uses autotrail OCO stop....other is manually adjusted OCO...

I will take the time to learn t4 if it's workable....does the t4 platform have a RT balance update while in the combine....or do you need to fly blind and login to 3rd party site to confirm combine trades and day's equity....don't see how that works for anyone

LG

LG- Yes, you can use the t4 dom to enter your orders and the NT to analyze and stick with what is comfortable. We do have recruits in the Combine that have been doing this for sometime.

mp

Thanked by:
Topstep
Chicago, IL

9baller View Post
going to dig in to one of my ZEN books and try and relax....frustrating day

9baller- I fully understand. Trading can be hard enough. The last thing you want is anything distracting you from staying focused. I stopped by the support room today and asked Erin, Director of Operations, to tell the team to look out for your email. Let me know if they are not able to help.

mp

Closed Thread

Last Updated on January 31, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts