NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Topstep with 258 posts (612 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 121 posts (306 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 49 posts (167 thanks)
    4. looks_4 emini2000 with 36 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two DarkPoolTrading with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Topstep with 2.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 491,891 views
    2. thumb_up 2,123 thanks given
    3. group 387 followers
    1. forum 1,296 posts
    2. attach_file 44 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

Topstep
Chicago, IL

Thanks Given: 77
Thanks Received: 746

bobwest View Post
Just a quick word on NT for TsT in its present phase:

At this point, users who opt for testing Ninja on TsT are beta testers. Beta testers, in software releases, are supposed to find the inevitable bugs that the developers could not find because they were too close to their own software to test it in all its aspects.

This is a crucial part of software development and rollout... and somebody has to do it. Usually, it is early adopters who are willing to take their lumps in order to get a jump on using the initial version, in exchange for reporting the issues they find.

I've usually been the developer and not the tester, and have been grateful for the testers who found my bugs for me. Software can't be rolled out without them.

But if you want to just use the software in a Combine, hang on until the testing is complete. Really... there will be a lot of things that need to be found and fixed before using it is routine... or, perhaps, not so many, but the process still has to complete.

I am strongly in favor of TsT's Combine, and of their decision to add NinjaTrader to their supported platforms, but it will take a bit of real-time testing to shake it all down.

They're doing this right. Patience is important for the user community at this point, hopefully not for long. (And, yes, I'll be happy when I don't have to dork around with using NT for charting and the T4 DOM for trade entry .... Patience.... )

Bob.

Bob- Beta testing is over and NinjaTrader is good to go. We are currently in soft launch (haven't sent a mass announcement yet or added it to the site).

Currently, you can call or email our Trader support team (312.252.9490 and [email protected]) and they will help you get connected with NinjaTrader in the Trading Combine.

mp

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Topstep
Chicago, IL

All,

To clarify, NinjaTrader is available in the Trading Combine. Everything has been tested and things are working well.

If you are interested in entering the Combine using NinjaTrader, please call or email our Trader Support team at 312.252.9490 or [email protected].

We are excited about the (soft) launch and will be announcing the official launch shortly. We wanted to provide those at futures.io (formerly BMT) an opportunity to get started before the general public. Thank you all for your patience and remember to trade smart!

mp

MedianVelocity 

I have a quick question to clarify something about your program. Is it required to take part in any training programs or chat rooms?

I am considering doing a combine when I have extra time in late spring/summer. However, if it requires more than phone/email correspondence and memorizing a set of rules I won't have the time. I would prefer to simply mirror my normal daytrades into your combine test.

Topstep
Chicago, IL

MedianVelocity View Post
I have a quick question to clarify something about your program. Is it required to take part in any training programs or chat rooms?

I am considering doing a combine when I have extra time in late spring/summer. However, if it requires more than phone/email correspondence and memorizing a set of rules I won't have the time. I would prefer to simply mirror my normal daytrades into your combine test.

MedianVelocity- We want our recruits and funded traders focusing on trading and following their rules as well as ours. Besides emails and a phone call (if you achieve the objective) there is a small amount of time you will need to devote to communicating with TST outside of showcasing your trading.

I hope that helps.

mp

MedianVelocity 

Thanks, I will likely sign up for a combine late spring or summer.

I would be willing to dedicate a lot of time to TST. However, I need to verify that my set of rules and trading method can match your combine requirements consistently first. I will be able to spare the time if I pass the combine.

Topstep
Chicago, IL

MedianVelocity View Post
Thanks, I will likely sign up for a combine late spring or summer.

I would be willing to dedicate a lot of time to TST. However, I need to verify that my set of rules and trading method can match your combine requirements consistently first. I will be able to spare the time if I pass the combine.

MedianVelocity- If you like, you may contact us at 312.252.9490 and our rep can help you customize the rules to fit with your trading style. Just an added option I wanted to mention.

mp

mykee 
Johor, Malaysia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: CL, GC
Thanks Given: 1,380
Thanks Received: 187

hi MP,

I'm currently doing the free trial combine. I have tried a few times to get connected to the Squawk Radio, but couldn't. Is there something that I needed to download first or is it just for US based traders? tq.

mykee

Topstep
Chicago, IL

mykee View Post
hi MP,

I'm currently doing the free trial combine. I have tried a few times to get connected to the Squawk Radio, but couldn't. Is there something that I needed to download first or is it just for US based traders? tq.

mykee

Mykee- I'm sorry you had login issues. You should be able to log in now. If you have any other issues arise please contact [email protected]. Our support team is quick with a reply or available via phone.

mp

Thanked by:
 mykee 
Johor, Malaysia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: CL, GC
Thanks Given: 1,380
Thanks Received: 187

Thanks mp,

Will try again this monday.

mykee

Thanked by:
Commodity
Malaysia,Kualalumpur

Thanks Given: 50
Thanks Received: 13

having NT in the combine , is the good news.

do you offer NT in practice account too ? it seems still there is only T4 for practice period
are all bugs and issues with NT ,resolved ?
is there any plan to include EUREX popular instruments such as FGBL,FESX ?
your website was better before . now after changes it has a more complicated and less understandable appearance.

Closed Thread

Last Updated on January 31, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts