NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Topstep with 258 posts (612 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 121 posts (306 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 49 posts (167 thanks)
    4. looks_4 emini2000 with 36 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two DarkPoolTrading with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Topstep with 2.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 491,891 views
    2. thumb_up 2,123 thanks given
    3. group 387 followers
    1. forum 1,296 posts
    2. attach_file 44 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,440
Thanks Received: 3,789

DarkPoolTrading View Post
Hi Matt,

Is a webinar recording available anywhere? I checked on your youtube page but it isn't there.

Much appreciated.

Drop me a PM with your email and we send it to you. I will ask my team to post it as well.
Matt

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Zondor 
Portland Oregon, United States

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader®
Broker: CQG, Kinetick
Trading: Gameplay Klownbine® Trading of Globex
Thanks Given: 1,246
Thanks Received: 2,731

Quoting 
TopstepTrader provides the opportunity but cannot guarantee the outcome. On average, we fund 2-3 traders per week, but we don't give details of their earnings as that is private information.

"Opportunity" for what, exactly?

The "outcomes" are a secret.

Where are all the people who have earnings as traders? Why don't we ever hear anything from any of them? Why are there no AGGREGATE or ANONYMIZED statistics?

What exactly does "funded trader" mean?

"If we don't loosen up some money, this sucker is going down." -GW Bush, 2008
“Lack of proof that something is true does not prove that it is not true - when you want to believe.” -Humpty Dumpty, 2014
“The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function.”
Prof. Albert Bartlett
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,046
Thanks Received: 9,491

those are all legit questions.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Topstep
Chicago, IL

Thanks Given: 77
Thanks Received: 746

yonatan View Post
As a satisfied customer of Optimus I was very glad to hear about the collaboration of Optimus with TopStepTrader but I would like to hear a little more details about how it works. What data feeds will be available ? Who will be in charge of tech support ? etc... ?

yonatan- Thank you for your continued support. We are very excited to be working more closely with Optimus Futures.

TopstepTrader will continue to offer the Trading Combine using many of the same platforms available at Optimus (NinjaTrader/Sierra/MultiCharts/R Trader/Market Delta) and Rithmic data for all Optimus customers interested in being evaluated for a funded trading account. Support will also continue to be handled independently, so anything relating to your Combine will be dealt with through TopstepTrader. Any support relating to your brokerage activities will be handled by Optimus Futures.

If you would like to talk in more detail about how this new relationship will benefit you and other traders, you can contact Conor at 312-212-0534 or [email protected].

Thanks,

mp

Thanked by:
 yonatan 
Haifa Israel

Experience: Beginner
Platform: sierra chart
Broker: Optimus Trading Group/Rithmic
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 50
Thanks Received: 71

Thanks Michael, I am very happy about this option to take combines with the support of both TopStepTrader and Optimus.

DarkPoolTrading   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,244
Thanks Received: 1,326

TopstepTrader View Post
yonatan- Thank you for your continued support. We are very excited to be working more closely with Optimus Futures.

TopstepTrader will continue to offer the Trading Combine using many of the same platforms available at Optimus (NinjaTrader/Sierra/MultiCharts/R Trader/Market Delta) and Rithmic data for all Optimus customers interested in being evaluated for a funded trading account. Support will also continue to be handled independently, so anything relating to your Combine will be dealt with through TopstepTrader. Any support relating to your brokerage activities will be handled by Optimus Futures.

If you would like to talk in more detail about how this new relationship will benefit you and other traders, you can contact Conor at 312-212-0534 or [email protected].

Thanks,

mp

Hi Michael,

I unfortunately missed the webinar, so apologies if this has already been discussed (im hoping to find a recording of the webinar). Rithmic does not offer historical bid / ask volume, it only offers historical minute data. This affects those who use volume profile, footprints, and anything that relies on accurate historical bid/ask data.

This is why in a recent combine, I actually specifically requested to be put on the CTS data feed and not Rithmic even though I use Sierra.

Going forward is the only option going to be Rithmic? I truly hope not.

Diversification is the only free lunch
Follow me on Twitter
Topstep
Chicago, IL

Zondor View Post
"Opportunity" for what, exactly?

The "outcomes" are a secret.

Where are all the people who have earnings as traders? Why don't we ever hear anything from any of them? Why are there no AGGREGATE or ANONYMIZED statistics?

What exactly does "funded trader" mean?

Zondor- We provide an opportunity for any trader to prove to him/herself and to our equity partner that they can trade consistently and profitably in a simulated account with a little skin in the game and accountability, but never have funds at risk in the open market. The traders who prove this in the Trading Combine are invited to trade an account funded by our equity partner.

The traders we have funded are free to discuss their earnings with anyone they chose. When they achieve Senior trader they are asked if they would like to be interviewed. We have interviewed quite a few.

We feel it is not the place of TST or our equity partner to disclose any trader's income. It has been our experience that doing so, even in an anonymous way can have the tendency to alter a traders mindset, set the bar to a level greater than what that trader typically can do or affect their decision making process, something we are careful not to do.

Lastly, I can leave you with basic stats. The industry success rate for retail traders is 5-10%, our success rate averages around 18% (success= covering your cost or better). This is almost twice as good as the industry standard. We like the position we put our traders in as well as the success we are are achieving. To conclude 100% of traders never lose their own money in the market if they are exclusively trading at TopstepTrader.

mp

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,046
Thanks Received: 9,491

wldman View Post
those are all legit questions.

not so much.

ratfink 
Birmingham UK
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: TST/Rithmic
Trading: YM/Gold
Thanks Given: 17,423
Thanks Received: 8,425

@TopstepTrader Any update on using Fdax in a combine?

Travel Well
Topstep
Chicago, IL

ratfink View Post
@TopstepTrader Any update on using Fdax in a combine?

ratfink- I wish I had an update but I do not at this time. We have some major updates to the site happening later this week or early next week, but no updates on new products.

mp

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on January 31, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts