NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Topstep with 258 posts (612 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 121 posts (306 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 49 posts (167 thanks)
    4. looks_4 emini2000 with 36 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two DarkPoolTrading with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Topstep with 2.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 491,188 views
    2. thumb_up 2,123 thanks given
    3. group 387 followers
    1. forum 1,296 posts
    2. attach_file 44 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

Chrismind 
Houston, TX/USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Sierra Charts Data Feed
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 101

NinjaTrader is now supported by TsT. Yes, you heard right. Enjoy

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
The Program
17 thanks

Daytrader999 
Ilsede, Germany
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Rithmic / CQG / Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 2,067
Thanks Received: 2,316

TopstepTrader View Post
Ryanmcc15- As of today, our Trader Support team has started contacting those on the waiting list to invite them to the Combine, using NT. The earliest for those invited to begin will be tomorrow.

I will keep futures.io (formerly BMT) traders posted on the public release which should be happening very soon.

mp

Hi Michael,

Since I should be on the waiting list for more than one year now (after I've been one of the first traders to try out NT in vain) and with a free combine left as well, I didn't receive any information from TST yet...

So, if all remaining issues regarding NT have been resolved by now, I'd like to give NT another try in a combine which I'd like to start on January 6th.

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." - Jim Rohn

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

It is a commendable effort.
However, for the benefit of all, keep these issues at the back of your mind:

Known [AUTOLINK]NinjaTrader[/AUTOLINK] Issues ? Help & Feedback Center

My Account Positions, Cash On Hand, and Trade Position on the Dynamic Dom fail to reappear after disconnecting from the data feed or after an internet connection failure.

Dynamic Dom
- Working Orders remain working (visible in R|Trader, however they are not visible on NT ladder upon reconnection)
- Trade RPnL fails to calculate or acknowledge position, however when Flatten or Close is clicked, the trade executes

Control Center → Positions
- Screen is blank after reconnection

Control Center → Accounts
- Account balance data disappears after reconnection

There is a display error on Charts after OCO Profit or Stop leg hit.

Chart Trader and Dynamic Dom
- After position filled and profit target reached, the stop loss order appears to not be cancelled automatically, remains frozen on chart after the market trades through it

This problem is resolved by restarting the NinjaTrader platform. To reiterate, this is a display error and not a functionality error. Attempts to recreate this problem consistently have failed. If you do encounter this problem, please email [email protected] with supporting documentation (screenshots, log files, actions leading up to error).

If you experience either of these problems, we recommend verifying your positions, working orders, and account balances through the R|Trader platform. Once your account is flat with no working orders on, please close down and restart NinjaTrader.

Question for Michaeal,

Are we now able to instruct NinjaTrader to flatten before 3:10pm automatically?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,337
Thanks Received: 26,267

Just a quick word on NT for TsT in its present phase:

At this point, users who opt for testing Ninja on TsT are beta testers. Beta testers, in software releases, are supposed to find the inevitable bugs that the developers could not find because they were too close to their own software to test it in all its aspects.

This is a crucial part of software development and rollout... and somebody has to do it. Usually, it is early adopters who are willing to take their lumps in order to get a jump on using the initial version, in exchange for reporting the issues they find.

I've usually been the developer and not the tester, and have been grateful for the testers who found my bugs for me. Software can't be rolled out without them.

But if you want to just use the software in a Combine, hang on until the testing is complete. Really... there will be a lot of things that need to be found and fixed before using it is routine... or, perhaps, not so many, but the process still has to complete.

I am strongly in favor of TsT's Combine, and of their decision to add NinjaTrader to their supported platforms, but it will take a bit of real-time testing to shake it all down.

They're doing this right. Patience is important for the user community at this point, hopefully not for long. (And, yes, I'll be happy when I don't have to dork around with using NT for charting and the T4 DOM for trade entry .... Patience.... )

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

tderrick 
Nashville, Tennessee

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja / Jigsaw / 9G
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: NQ, YM and ES
Thanks Given: 4,260
Thanks Received: 2,532

iqgod View Post

My Account Positions, Cash On Hand, and Trade Position on the Dynamic Dom fail to reappear after disconnecting from the data feed or after an internet connection failure.

Dynamic Dom
- Working Orders remain working (visible in R|Trader, however they are not visible on NT ladder upon reconnection)
- Trade RPnL fails to calculate or acknowledge position, however when Flatten or Close is clicked, the trade executes

- After position filled and profit target reached, the stop loss order appears to not be cancelled automatically, remains frozen on chart after the market trades through it

This problem is resolved by restarting the NinjaTrader platform. To reiterate, this is a display error and not a functionality error. Attempts to recreate this problem consistently have failed. If you do encounter this problem, please email [email protected] with supporting documentation (screenshots, log files, actions leading up to error).

If you experience either of these problems, we recommend verifying your positions, working orders, and account balances through the R|Trader platform. Once your account is flat with no working orders on, please close down and restart NinjaTrader.

Question for Michaeal,

What is R trader ?

grazie

AJ
Nashville, Tennessee

"Life On The Edge of SR"
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

tderrick View Post
What is R trader ?

grazie

Rithmic - Trading Interfaces

R | Trader is Rithmic's front end trading and real time risk management screen. With R | Trader you can view quotes, market depth and option strikes in real time, place trades and pull orders, and view order history, performance, positions and risk limits.

Note: The same combine login information used for NinjaTrader can be used to login to R Trader.

tderrick 
Nashville, Tennessee

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja / Jigsaw / 9G
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: NQ, YM and ES
Thanks Given: 4,260
Thanks Received: 2,532

iqgod View Post

Rithmic - Trading Interfaces

R | Trader is Rithmic's front end trading and real time risk management screen. With R | Trader you can view quotes, market depth and option strikes in real time, place trades and pull orders, and view order history, performance, positions and risk limits.

Note: The same combine login information used for NinjaTrader can be used to login to R Trader.

Please excuse my ignorance ... so R Trader = Rithmic = TST ?

.. in other words... TST uses R trader via rithmic?

AJ
Nashville, Tennessee

"Life On The Edge of SR"
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

tderrick View Post
Please excuse my ignorance ... so R Trader = Rithmic = TST ?

.. in other words... TST uses R trader via rithmic?

As I understand it TST preferred T4 because it gave them the ability to monitor and actively cut off positions if risk limits are being exceeded (especially for live prep or live traders).

FCM and IB administrators use R | Trader to do all that traders can on behalf of any of their users and accounts. Administrators can set risk limits, activate and deactivate users and accounts and record fills and cancels whose execution has been made outside of the Rithmic trade execution software.

Thus, I have come to understand that TST uses R Trader in conjunction with NinjaTrader to manage risk of open positions.

I could be way off, so this comes attached with the proverbial grain of salt.

Thanked by:
Topstep
Chicago, IL

Thanks Given: 77
Thanks Received: 746

Daytrader999 View Post
Hi Michael,

Since I should be on the waiting list for more than one year now (after I've been one of the first traders to try out NT in vain) and with a free combine left as well, I didn't receive any information from TST yet...

So, if all remaining issues regarding NT have been resolved by now, I'd like to give NT another try in a combine which I'd like to start on January 6th.

Daytrader999- Contact [email protected] or call 312.252.9490. Ninja is available. It is just not public yet.

mp

Thanked by:
Topstep
Chicago, IL

Thanks Given: 77
Thanks Received: 746

iqgod View Post

Dynamic Dom

Question for Michaeal,

iqgod- Yes, please review this link: https://help.futures.topstep.com/knowledgebase/articles/293982-how-to-automatically-flatten-trades

mp

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on January 31, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts