NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Topstep with 258 posts (612 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 121 posts (306 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 49 posts (167 thanks)
    4. looks_4 emini2000 with 36 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two DarkPoolTrading with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Topstep with 2.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 491,349 views
    2. thumb_up 2,123 thanks given
    3. group 387 followers
    1. forum 1,296 posts
    2. attach_file 44 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

tderrick 
Nashville, Tennessee

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja / Jigsaw / 9G
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: NQ, YM and ES
Thanks Given: 4,260
Thanks Received: 2,532

I'm just happy it's still in the pipeline !! Don't give up, TST !!

AJ
Nashville, Tennessee

"Life On The Edge of SR"
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,536

TopstepTrader will be doing a combination webinar+AMA on Tuesday, November 5th @ 4:30 PM Eastern.

More info here:

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
Thanked by:

DarkPoolTrading   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,244
Thanks Received: 1,326

Hi Michael,

During live trader prep (and junior trader status), traders are limited to the number of contracts they are allowed to trade. This obviously makes sense as the goal would be to grow the account slowly to start off with and not take on too much risk with any individual trade.

My question though is specific to the 30k combine. From what i've noticed, generally traders who go to live trader prep and junior trader status after passing the 30k, are told by TST that they are limited to trading 1 contract. (please correct me if im mistaken?)

Instead of being limited to 1 contract, can the trader instead specify what their maximum loss per trade will be? For example can they specify that their maximum stop loss for a trade will always be $100 (obviously things like slippage will occasionally happen). What that will allow is for the trader to trade 2 contracts if they wish and if that is what their strategy calls for, as long as their per trade risk is kept to whatever figure they have specified?

The reason I ask is because being limited to 1 contract calls for a massively different trade management strategy than trading multiple contracts. You may have passed the combine using a multi-contract trade management approach, and then go into live trader prep not being able to 'dance with the won that brung yah'. Being allowed to trade 2 contracts yet within the specified maximum risk per trade (as mutaully agreed upon before hand) offers far more flexibility for the same amount of risk.

thanks.

Diversification is the only free lunch
Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:
Topstep
Chicago, IL

Thanks Given: 77
Thanks Received: 746

DarkPoolTrading View Post
Hi Michael,

During live trader prep (and junior trader status), traders are limited to the number of contracts they are allowed to trade. This obviously makes sense as the goal would be to grow the account slowly to start off with and not take on too much risk with any individual trade.

My question though is specific to the 30k combine. From what i've noticed, generally traders who go to live trader prep and junior trader status after passing the 30k, are told by TST that they are limited to trading 1 contract. (please correct me if im mistaken?)

Instead of being limited to 1 contract, can the trader instead specify what their maximum loss per trade will be? For example can they specify that their maximum stop loss for a trade will always be $100 (obviously things like slippage will occasionally happen). What that will allow is for the trader to trade 2 contracts if they wish and if that is what their strategy calls for, as long as their per trade risk is kept to whatever figure they have specified?

The reason I ask is because being limited to 1 contract calls for a massively different trade management strategy than trading multiple contracts. You may have passed the combine using a multi-contract trade management approach, and then go into live trader prep not being able to 'dance with the won that brung yah'. Being allowed to trade 2 contracts yet within the specified maximum risk per trade (as mutaully agreed upon before hand) offers far more flexibility for the same amount of risk.

thanks.

Darkpool- All traders that go directly to the funded level or that go into the Live Trader Preparation are able to discuss this with the scout on their call. Recently we had a $30k Trader get brought up that is able to trade his max size if he so chooses. Some Traders are asked to tighten it up only until they start building their account.

My point is, this is a case by case situation, but what you are proposing makes logical sense IF it is in their trading plan or how they traded in the Combine. This would most likely get approved.

Great question. I hope I answered it well enough for you.

mp

martinbuch 
NUREMBERG BAYERN

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: FGBL, DAX
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 4

martinbuch View Post
Any news on making EUREX products available for the combine?

Thanks,
Martin

Any updates on this?

Thanked by:
Topstep
Chicago, IL

martinbuch View Post
Any updates on this?

Martinbuch- No updates at this time for Eurex. We do have some other updates, if interested.

-We recently launched a completely new and redeveloped TopstepTrader website. With the launch of the new site we will be pushing new feature that our recruits and traders recommend weekly.

-We are very very close to launching the NinjaTrader Platform with the Trading Combine.

There are a handful of other great updates that we will be announcing soon but I will wait for the date to get closer before going into any detail.

Thanks,

mp

Vincent Vega 
Beer Sheva,Israel

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: YM
Thanks Given: 49
Thanks Received: 54

TopstepTrader View Post
-We are very very close to launching the NinjaTrader Platform with the Trading Combine.

close as within the coming month?

“Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person.”--Albert Einstein
Thanked by:
Topstep
Chicago, IL

Vincent Vega View Post
close as within the coming month?

Vincent- pending there are no problems, yes.

mp

ryanmcc15 
Detroit, Michigan

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninja, CQG
Trading: NQ, ES, YM
Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 4

TopstepTrader View Post
Vincent- pending there are no problems, yes.

mp

Hey Michael,

Have there been any problems?

Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:
Topstep
Chicago, IL

ryanmcc15 View Post
Hey Michael,

Have there been any problems?

Ryanmcc15- As of today, our Trader Support team has started contacting those on the waiting list to invite them to the Combine, using NT. The earliest for those invited to begin will be tomorrow.

I will keep futures.io (formerly BMT) traders posted on the public release which should be happening very soon.

mp

Closed Thread

Last Updated on January 31, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts