NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Topstep with 258 posts (612 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 121 posts (306 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 49 posts (167 thanks)
    4. looks_4 emini2000 with 36 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two DarkPoolTrading with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Topstep with 2.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 491,188 views
    2. thumb_up 2,123 thanks given
    3. group 387 followers
    1. forum 1,296 posts
    2. attach_file 44 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Topstep's Nick Dolby (Social Media and Community Coordinator) - Ask me Anything (AMA)

Topstep
Chicago, IL

Thanks Given: 77
Thanks Received: 746

TraderG View Post
When are you planning to add TF - mini Russel 2000 to your combine?

TraderG- We are working towards getting the Eurex and ICE on board with our Combine. This is an ongoing process that involves lots of red tape and hurdles. We do not have a date but I can say we are working very hard so that we may provide other products in the Combine.

mp

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,534

AMA room now open.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,534

I want to thank Michael Patak for his time today to answer questions during the AMA.

Below is the recording of the session. There was some sort of technical issue when Michael shared his screen, so after 2 minutes we resorted to just audio, which worked fine.

If anyone did not get their question answered, you can post it here in the thread.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: ama-topsteptrader-apr413.flv
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread

Jura   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,352
Thanks Received: 690

TopstepTrader View Post
Ryan- Our company gets an update today as we are working with the back-end provider and at the mercy of their programmers. Last I heard it looked like things would be ready in the coming weeks.

We are just as anxious as anyone to add the NT platform to our Combine. I will update this thread when I hear more.

Will TopstepTrader support algorithmic trading through NinjaTrader? I could not find any information on the website that would suggest that it doesn't. But since your program and services are aimed solely at discretionary traders, I wondered if this would be something that is "allowed".

Thanked by:
Topstep
Chicago, IL

Thanks Given: 77
Thanks Received: 746

Jura View Post
Will TopstepTrader support algorithmic trading through NinjaTrader? I could not find any information on the website that would suggest that it doesn't. But since your program and services are aimed solely at discretionary traders, I wondered if this would be something that is "allowed".

Jura- Yes this will be allowed as long as the trades go through your Ninja platform and you are connected to our back-end provider you will be good to go.

As a side note we are open to all strategies however the person on the other end trades it as long as it falls within our products permitted and risk parameters of the Combine account.

mp

Thanked by:

Daytrader999 
Ilsede, Germany
Site Moderator

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Rithmic / CQG / Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 2,067
Thanks Received: 2,316

TopstepTrader View Post
Jura- Yes this will be allowed as long as the trades go through your Ninja platform and you are connected to our back-end provider you will be good to go.

@TopstepTrader:

...Hopefully which means that you expect Ninja Trader to be available for the Combine soon...(?)

Thanked by:
Pedro40
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 379

In the Combine, can I hedge using different months of the same instrument?

Thanked by:
 mongoose 
Chicago, IL

Experience: None
Platform: oil super computer
Trading: multiple
Thanks Given: 817
Thanks Received: 433

Do not know if TST will be willing to answer this but since it is the ask me anything thread I will give it a shot. What does topsteptrader make more money off of, failed combines and subscriptions or actual live trader profits.

Thanked by:
FXwulf
Kailua-Kona, HI

Thanks Given: 41
Thanks Received: 208

Im curious about TST's reach as far as futures markets to trade

After one completes the combine can a trader get access to Pac-Asia futures contracts like the Chinese ftse A50/ heng Seng/ ASX futures/ KOSPI futures/ sensex?

I realize in the combine it is pretty much only currency futures/ index futures/ US interest rate futures and commodity futures

Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,404

Question for Mike Patak as well as the forum.

I haven't been in a combine in months....however a few weeks ago I got a few emails from recruiters claiming to work for TST and offering discounts to former combiners. I got them on the same day with a canned email from each.

I told the last one to figure out which of the recruiters would chase me and only let that guy communicate with me instead of the 3-4 I got initially.

I ended up with one guy that emailed me occasionally and even called me once or twice. A pleasant fellow that didn't hound me which I appreciated. I had a few questions about NT and T4 working together and decided to just wait. I was in no hurry. Once it became clear that NT was not going to be available until the end of the summer at the earliest, I decided to do a combine.

So I asked for a discount on my signup, my recruiter gave me one via email and I tried to sign up. I got an error message. Discount code invalid. Quick email to my recruiter who told me it was only valid over the phone and to call him if I wanted anything. I'm wondering why he gave me a code knowing full well it wouldn't work.

I decided to wait a bit longer for various reasons and then my cardiac incident happened and I figured it was as good a time as any to sign up. So I called on Friday, talked to my recruiter who took my information over the phone, gave me a price and told me I was all signed up and would get my log in details on Sunday afternoon as normal along with my confirmation email for my credit card.

Well its early Sunday evening. No emails, no confirmation codes, no log in details.

So my question is this, has anyone else signed up for a combine using these recruiters? If so, what was your experience with this? It seems unprofessional to me. I didn't get the warm fuzzies on Friday that my recruiter actually processed my credit card. It turns out I was right.

Hopefully Mike will see this soon and look into it. I've sent an email to my recruiter as well so we'll see what happens. Hopefully this recruiter this is real and I didn't just give my credit card info to a complete scammer.

Recruiters name is Frank Meccia.....

Brian

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on January 31, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts