NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Order Flow Analytics' D.B. Vaello (President) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one OrderFlowAnalytics with 40 posts (59 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 17 posts (22 thanks)
    3. looks_3 egormaev with 8 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 dom64 with 5 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one marcovth with 4.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PrymeTyme with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 OrderFlowAnalytics with 1.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 74,206 views
    2. thumb_up 122 thanks given
    3. group 73 followers
    1. forum 119 posts
    2. attach_file 4 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Order Flow Analytics' D.B. Vaello (President) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

OrderFlowAnalytics 
San Antonio, TX, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: OFA, Ninja, eSignal, R-Trader
Broker: Dorman/ZenFire + IQfeed + eSignal
Trading: ES, 6E, 6B
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 77

click03 View Post
If I buy the NinjaTrader with OFA and VCA , does the Conditional Order Routing function come with it? If not how much is it to buy the plugin to go with Ninja Trader?

Thanks.

OFA/Ninja does not have conditional order routing. This feature only exists in the legacy product.

Rather than getting stuck on a list of features, just download the free version and see if you realize a benefit. Go from there.

Everyone thinks trading software is going to either make them rich or be a total rip off. If you cant see the benefit in the first 10 minutes of messing with OFA/FREE, there is no feature in another version that's going to blow your mind.

DB

If you have any questions about the products or services provided by Order Flow Analytics, please send me a Private Message or use the BMT " Ask Me Anything" thread.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

click03 
Houston, TX
GG

Platform: Market Profile, Jigsaw, NinjaTrader, ZenFire, DTN IQ, Market Delta
Broker: Mirus/Zen-Fire & TD Ameritrade
Trading: futures, options
Thanks Given: 115
Thanks Received: 19

DB, I have purchased enough trading software to know the software doesn't make you rich. You have a product on your website and it is not clear, at least to me, that it doesn't run on the Ninja platform. That is why I asked.

I am willing to buy software that may make my job trading a little easier. I do put in my time studying and have a library of books and articles. I have my trade setups and feel they are good, I have been using other tools for order flow and found yours looks worth a try so I purchased the Ninja Package for the OFA/NInja and VCA/Ninja. I did find your site a little confusing as a lot on there does not work with the NInja/OFA which you explained in an earlier post, thanks.

After purchasing I realized there is not a pdf or video that goes over setup and different settings for the different instruments. I am sure I can figure it out but having a base to go by would be a great help. I am sure others that purchase it would appreciate same, to save time. Let me say that I have not had the opportunity to view the introduction video, in which you may answer all my questions, and if that be so please accept my apology for wasting yours and others time.

Thank you.

click03 
Houston, TX
GG

Platform: Market Profile, Jigsaw, NinjaTrader, ZenFire, DTN IQ, Market Delta
Broker: Mirus/Zen-Fire & TD Ameritrade
Trading: futures, options
Thanks Given: 115
Thanks Received: 19

I just want to say after my previous post, DB has already answered my question. The software does come with pdfs, which went to my documents folder in the zip file. I never even thought about looking there. Thank you very much DB.

I also want to say that is the fastest service I have ever experienced.

Thank you very much.

OrderFlowAnalytics 
San Antonio, TX, USA

click03,

Software aside, the thing we are most known for is our attention to clients needs. We're service-led and we will get you everything you need. I spent a good deal of the morning logging in remotely to assist clients with issues they were having. That's just how we do business - we work for you when you become a client. If you read horror stories about some lack of support coming from OFA I would say that person is not a real client or there is more to the story than what's being posted.

Outside of that, the download should have come with 2 PDFs... Since you posted this, I have already emailed them, replied to you on our forum and offered to assist you directly in setup. That's just who we are.

And yes. The website is disjointed to say the least. When you trade all day and support clients the way we do, the store front sometimes looks a mess. That's my fault entirely.

Let me know what you need and you will have it.

DB

If you have any questions about the products or services provided by Order Flow Analytics, please send me a Private Message or use the BMT " Ask Me Anything" thread.

OrderFlowAnalytics 
San Antonio, TX, USA

click03 View Post
I just want to say after my previous post, DB has already answered my question. The software does come with pdfs, which went to my documents folder in the zip file. I never even thought about looking there. Thank you very much DB.

I also want to say that is the fastest service I have ever experienced.

Thank you very much.

It seems we posted at almost exactly the same time. Thanks for the followup post.

DB

NickA 
London

Experience: None
Platform: MC & Ninja mainly
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 50

Nice to try the OFA software albeit the 'lite' version on Ninja. It's been interesting watching it for the odd half hour here and there. I like the uncluttered layout and simplicity of the design.

You have talked about momentum in a couple of your videos (including the one here). Assuming that you have the context for a trade (e.g. the break down of the M that you used in your examples here). How do you determine that the momentum is real and it is not absorption going on? It's a tricky proposition at the best of times and of course the bid can firm up as quickly as it disapears. Just wondering your thoughts on the matter.

OrderFlowAnalytics 
San Antonio, TX, USA

NickA View Post
Nice to try the OFA software albeit the 'lite' version on Ninja. It's been interesting watching it for the odd half hour here and there. I like the uncluttered layout and simplicity of the design.

You have talked about momentum in a couple of your videos (including the one here). Assuming that you have the context for a trade (e.g. the break down of the M that you used in your examples here). How do you determine that the momentum is real and it is not absorption going on? It's a tricky proposition at the best of times and of course the bid can firm up as quickly as it disapears. Just wondering your thoughts on the matter.

Agreed. Free webinar classes are generally designed to introduce a concept and not meant as an exhaustive resource on the subject. I tend to use phrases like "for our purpose today..." or "Let's use some very simple rules for today's lesson..." This is because without digging deep into Order Flow logic it's pretty difficult to cover all the bases. Very often what I describe as "momentum" in a webinar can actually be an accumulation at the bid or ask instead. At OFA we call this inverse action a "sweep". It has some identifiable characteristics which separate it from a true momentum action - but in the end every study/tool/indicator is only confirmed by price action fulfilling the desired result (more than not).

We have some new tools coming out which greatly assist in allowing the user to define and test momentum, sweeping and exhaustive patterns. Like anything of value, OFA requires guidance, comprehension and practical application (time and experience).

Glad you are enjoying the free version!

DB

Koepisch 
@ Germany

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: FDAX
Thanks Given: 440
Thanks Received: 518

@OrderFlowAnalytics
I've seen a screenshot of the "Order Flow Trade Manager" which acts as a helper to exit trades. It catches my attention, because i think order flow analysis can move the trailing stops more precise. Because i don't want add another chart to doing that manually, the described tool matches my needs. Where i can find more information about it?

Koepisch

yongthanyee 
Penang, Malaysia

Experience: Intermediate
Broker: Philips Futures/PATS; eSignal
Trading: BMD CPO
Thanks Given: 77
Thanks Received: 23

Hi DB

Kindly have another data vendor eSignal for historical backfill.
eSignal carry bid ask tick data and covers more derivatives exchanges than iqFeed.

Cheers...eric

yongthanyee 
Penang, Malaysia

Experience: Intermediate
Broker: Philips Futures/PATS; eSignal
Trading: BMD CPO
Thanks Given: 77
Thanks Received: 23

OrderFlowAnalytics View Post
As most of you know Kinetick is a private label of another feed designed specifically to interface NinjaTrader. Because of the specific use they do not have a way for external applications to program directly to the feed (no API). Our work around for this is to export the data in real-time from NinjaTrader with a NinjaScript from a tick chart. While not the best possible solution (for many reasons) it does work.

So yes, but there are a whole lot of limitations on what you can do with it.

DB

Hi DB...for the OFA/Ninja using iqFeed..just want to know whether the tick data used to drive the OFA chart comes from the Ninja Tick File itself or from another set of tick data stored by OFA/Ninja. If latter is true, Will it build up over time. User need to know how to delete this if needed..thanks...eric

Cheers...eric

Closed Thread

Last Updated on July 6, 2018

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts