NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Order Flow Analytics' D.B. Vaello (President) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one OrderFlowAnalytics with 40 posts (59 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 17 posts (22 thanks)
    3. looks_3 egormaev with 8 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 dom64 with 5 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one marcovth with 4.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two PrymeTyme with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 OrderFlowAnalytics with 1.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 74,206 views
    2. thumb_up 122 thanks given
    3. group 73 followers
    1. forum 119 posts
    2. attach_file 4 attachments

Order Flow Analytics' D.B. Vaello (President) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

OrderFlowAnalytics 
San Antonio, TX, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: OFA, Ninja, eSignal, R-Trader
Broker: Dorman/ZenFire + IQfeed + eSignal
Trading: ES, 6E, 6B
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 77

tecnitek View Post
Hi,

A person I know told me that you cut his license because he is teaching orderflow. He is using graphs of footprint chart, volume profile and cumulative delta. He is not using the software of your company or anything related to it. I want to know why you cut his license? Is that a violation of any agreement of your company? If it's, why? According to this person I know he has not received any explanation. He let me to put here wich was your textually words for cut his license:

"If you would like to become an affiliate of OFA we can discuss this but I am very concerned about your entire approach of being a student/client with us and then "teaching" orderflow as well. It is a very clear violation of our agreement"

I think this is a serious matter and will have some explanation. I want to be clear that because if i want to buy your software and i speak with others about orderflow, you will cut my license,too?

Thank's

Yes, we are a US-based company doing business around the world and are subject to the laws, liabilities and abuses that come with being in business. Our T&C agreement is standard boilerplate. In the instance you are describing we have the right to terminate a license when someone violates US and Euro-zone trademark and copyright laws. It's very simple - you are not allowed to use our logo on your website to legitimize your position in the industry - basically attempting to use our name to gain customers' confidence - without asking for permission to use the logo.

Only 1 license has ever been terminated and I can't imagine you're going to get much support for your campaign here - most real traders are capitalists at heart and respect the notion that misdirection or bait-and-switch marketing can only result in total implosion. Success requires hard work and integrity.

As technitek is really only looking out for the good of others...

In response to his personal woes and friendly compassion, I've made an offer to give a license of our new unreleased version away for $1 for the greater good of all those who have been abused by the legal system when they have chosen the wrong path in life... Hopefully this will right all the wrongs of the "man" unfairly delivered to the 99% in his pursuit of selfish 1% success and prosperity - but I doubt it.

For those not familiar with this insane situation please see the following post and previous threads:

DB

If you have any questions about the products or services provided by Order Flow Analytics, please send me a Private Message or use the BMT " Ask Me Anything" thread.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

OrderFlowAnalytics 
San Antonio, TX, USA

dom64 View Post
What does the conditional order routing does that Ninja doesn't do for example?

Many thanks

Dom, I think we are set to go over this 1-on-1 this Monday. I didn't want anyone to think I just wasn't going to answer the question so...

Conditional orders in OFA are way to send an order if-and-only-if specific conditions are met. Sounds the same as any strategy right? Not really. The difference is that the user defines the price(s) or price region(s) in which he/she is looking for these order flow conditions. Prices are selected on the fly through the chart so it is a bridge between automated trading and discretionary trading that I am otherwise not aware of.

In short, the user defines "where" to look on the fly instead of a strategy looking for something all the time or in back tested time/event sequences. You're in control but it pulls the trigger for you.

My suggestion would be that this feature is for extremely experienced traders with existing price-based strategies only. We actively discourage novice traders from purchasing it - which is again why we do 1-on-1 demos... We want to help you select what's right, not what's neat looking. A feature with no benefit to you is worthless.

DB

If you have any questions about the products or services provided by Order Flow Analytics, please send me a Private Message or use the BMT " Ask Me Anything" thread.
Thanked by:

OrderFlowAnalytics 
San Antonio, TX, USA

misalto View Post
Is this trade tracker is still availiable?

enrique

Yes, for a very short time. That's not a high-pressure pitch - just reality. We will support but not sell the tracker starting in about mid-April (total estimate - please do not hold me to a date).

This is another product that we do not actively sell to novice traders. There is a qualification process and we have to absolutely prove to you the results before we will sell it to you. My feeling is this product is most beneficial to automated traders or those with long-term experience trading a very well defined discretionary process. If you are all over the place and changing ideas weekly then you should not waste your time or money.

I am unable to say any more about it than what I already have for the time being. Sounds sketchy I know.

Apologies,

DB

Thanked by:

OrderFlowAnalytics 
San Antonio, TX, USA

egormaev View Post
Thanks for a short session, but I think 30 min is not enough for such a topic.
I still would like to understand some of the remarks, for example about 6E and 6B, hopefully will get some info.

I'm not entirely sure what you are expecting for an answer - remarks about the Euro as opposed to the ES... I'll try. The ES used to be an extremely volatile beast prior to QE4EVER. My understanding is that it was used primarily as a hedging vehicle by institutions in order to offset trades in both equities and the larger SP500 futures. There was incredible action almost daily.

Now we have incredibly subsidized equities markets (sorry more heavily subsidized than before). The Bernanke is essentially creating out of thin air a new $2.5B AUM firm - each and every day of the month of March alone... Except instead of a true asset management firm - these are only buying. So you end up with a situation where the relative price is a bit jaded - no different than when gold is at $2000oz but gold mining stocks are trading at values relative to $500/oz in their reserves. It's just something I'm clearly too ignorant to get my head around. "Everyone is buying" and every crappy economic report is "better than expected" but the derivatives are churning.

Now the big claim is that algo trading has ruined the ES but I personally think it has more to do with the arrogance and stupidity of our prized economists and politicians (globally). So am I saying currencies are not manipulated? heck no. I'm not delusional - but they are moving the way a trader-friendly-investor-ugly market should relative to the general insanity we are living in.

When asked where people should be investing now by Bloomberg TV, hedge fund icon Stanley Druckenmiller said this:

"That's hard for me to answer. Because I have the luxury of a lot of experience in sitting in front of a screen. And I can go into currency markets where it's at a relative price. So it's the one area where prices aren't subsidized. And I'm arrogant enough to think I can time these things. But I don't really know how to answer that question for public invest-- but let me just say that this idea that you've got go plowing into risk because rates are zero, that they will rue the day one day. The music will stop. And I would probably be invested right now thinking I'm smart enough to know that we're quite away from the music stopping. I don't think Bernanke is about to end these policies for a while. But let's just know what we're dealing with here." (copied/pasted from Zerohedge.com)

So I'm clearly not on the level of Stanley Druckenmiller - but I am arrogant (previously noted on this forum) and I have a ton of screen time. I like to trade markets that have action - otherwise you're trying to "invest" instead of day-trade without the same rules applying.

Hope this helps,

DB

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,536

Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
Thanked by:

dom64 
London, UK

Experience: Master
Platform: sierra chart, Jigsaw Trading, Bookmap
Trading: 6E futures, Cable

OrderFlowAnalytics View Post
Dom, I think we are set to go over this 1-on-1 this Monday. I didn't want anyone to think I just wasn't going to answer the question so...

Conditional orders in OFA are way to send an order if-and-only-if specific conditions are met. Sounds the same as any strategy right? Not really. The difference is that the user defines the price(s) or price region(s) in which he/she is looking for these order flow conditions. Prices are selected on the fly through the chart so it is a bridge between automated trading and discretionary trading that I am otherwise not aware of.

In short, the user defines "where" to look on the fly instead of a strategy looking for something all the time or in back tested time/event sequences. You're in control but it pulls the trigger for you.

My suggestion would be that this feature is for extremely experienced traders with existing price-based strategies only. We actively discourage novice traders from purchasing it - which is again why we do 1-on-1 demos... We want to help you select what's right, not what's neat looking. A feature with no benefit to you is worthless.

DB

Thanks DB. My question was a bit old and I have had my answer since, but I thought I'd leave it here as useful to anyone interested to understand that side of OFA.

Dom

egormaev
Smolensk, Russia

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

OrderFlowAnalytics View Post
I'm not entirely sure what you are expecting for an answer - remarks about the Euro as opposed to the ES... I'll try. The ES used to be an extremely volatile beast prior to QE4EVER. My understanding is that it was used primarily as a hedging vehicle by institutions in order to offset trades in both equities and the larger SP500 futures. There was incredible action almost daily.

Now we have incredibly subsidized equities markets (sorry more heavily subsidized than before). The Bernanke is essentially creating out of thin air a new $2.5B AUM firm - each and every day of the month of March alone... Except instead of a true asset management firm - these are only buying. So you end up with a situation where the relative price is a bit jaded - no different than when gold is at $2000oz but gold mining stocks are trading at values relative to $500/oz in their reserves. It's just something I'm clearly too ignorant to get my head around. "Everyone is buying" and every crappy economic report is "better than expected" but the derivatives are churning.

Now the big claim is that algo trading has ruined the ES but I personally think it has more to do with the arrogance and stupidity of our prized economists and politicians (globally). So am I saying currencies are not manipulated? heck no. I'm not delusional - but they are moving the way a trader-friendly-investor-ugly market should relative to the general insanity we are living in.

When asked where people should be investing now by Bloomberg TV, hedge fund icon Stanley Druckenmiller said this:

"That's hard for me to answer. Because I have the luxury of a lot of experience in sitting in front of a screen. And I can go into currency markets where it's at a relative price. So it's the one area where prices aren't subsidized. And I'm arrogant enough to think I can time these things. But I don't really know how to answer that question for public invest-- but let me just say that this idea that you've got go plowing into risk because rates are zero, that they will rue the day one day. The music will stop. And I would probably be invested right now thinking I'm smart enough to know that we're quite away from the music stopping. I don't think Bernanke is about to end these policies for a while. But let's just know what we're dealing with here." (copied/pasted from Zerohedge.com)

So I'm clearly not on the level of Stanley Druckenmiller - but I am arrogant (previously noted on this forum) and I have a ton of screen time. I like to trade markets that have action - otherwise you're trying to "invest" instead of day-trade without the same rules applying.

Hope this helps,

DB

Thanks for your answer.
Why I was asking - I'm still trying to understand what's fuelling the markets like 6E and ES.
If you look at 6E, let's take last 2 days of the week, it seems that the driving force was to take the stops of the majority (that usually always has to lose). On Thursday the price was going up at the start of London, created support area, then it went down to take the stops of those who were long, and after that it shot up again.
On Friday - it started to go up, made a new high (so technical analysis would take it as a bullish sign) but probably taking stops of those who were short and put their stops behind US high (because daily trend is bearish) and then it shot down and it went again to the area just below the recent low, so obviously where the stops were taken again.
So what is fuelling this market - stops or economic data?
I guess the order flow will show you some short term signs, so I guess the start of London will be showing a lot of hitting asks but then- oops! and you are done...

egormaev
Smolensk, Russia

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

Just wanted to add - if stops are fuelling the further move, let's say buyers stops are additional sell orders and the price shall go down further, then considering we have 2 sides of a trade - who is buying these orders? And why?
If these are market makers buying, then they will not want the price to go further down, because they need to make money and sell these orders at a higher level, otherwise it's no sense for them. So I'm wondering...

OrderFlowAnalytics 
San Antonio, TX, USA

egormaev View Post
Just wanted to add - if stops are fuelling the further move, let's say buyers stops are additional sell orders and the price shall go down further, then considering we have 2 sides of a trade - who is buying these orders? And why?
If these are market makers buying, then they will not want the price to go further down, because they need to make money and sell these orders at a higher level, otherwise it's no sense for them. So I'm wondering...

I'm going to claim ignorance again and say I just don't know. Nothing I do is this complex. I was sitting in the webinar today with Suri and really enjoying the overview of chart patterns - even though our execution/process is vividly different. The bottom line is Suri was essentially scanning instruments for opportunities. Maybe the ES was setting up for something and maybe it wasn't... I'm in the same exact boat. I couldn't possibly worry about all the details of the buyer v seller / limit v market / entry v stop all over the chart. I want it to be simple. I'm looking at XXX price for a breakout/breakdown/reversal. I don't care what happens at price YYY or ZZZ unless I'm in a trade already and managing it.

So my suggestion is keep it simple... Use a process like Suri's patterns to spot opportunities - use something like order flow to confirm the opportunity and manage then trade. If you get lost in the minutia of theory you'll generally be there all your life - just my experience of working with traders for 10+ years.

DB

msull35706 
Saratoga, NY USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL, GC
Thanks Given: 141
Thanks Received: 809

I have core license to transfer to anyone interested.
My REAL life has thrown a curveball and I need to focus on day job
than trade.
Great system and DB + George are great people.
Take advantage of this prior to the April 4th Webinar.

Thank you

Mike Sullivan

Last Updated on July 6, 2018

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts