NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

FlexRenko in day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Outlander with 379 posts (119 thanks)
    2. looks_two inverter with 83 posts (29 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Amnesia with 35 posts (39 thanks)
    4. looks_4 lemons with 28 posts (7 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one MWinfrey with 2.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cory with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Amnesia with 1.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Outlander with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 122,390 views
    2. thumb_up 300 thanks given
    3. group 49 followers
    1. forum 661 posts
    2. attach_file 420 attachments

Search this Thread

FlexRenko in day trading

Outlander 
Vänersborg Sweden

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra
Broker: Transact
Trading: YM,EMD,DAX,CL,CG
Thanks Given: 559
Thanks Received: 141

Quoting 
@Outlander :

Nice results, i see we are getting similar results, with your holding strategy being clearly superior because of the larger gains on the profitable trades. Are you using the 40 tick settings on the 6E future here?

30-29-28 regards Outlander

As this is a test I think it is better to use a large target. So you can look at the numbers and decide later how much that you think you can go for in real trading

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Outlander 
Vänersborg Sweden

Platform: Sierra
Broker: Transact
Trading: YM,EMD,DAX,CL,CG
Thanks Given: 559
Thanks Received: 141

GC after US open. 50-49-48 Regards Outlander

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

cory 
virginia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

superman trajectory

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	YM 06-13 (1 UniRenko T1R16O1)  4_10_2013.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	108277  
Thanked by:

Hapster 
San Diego, California

Platform: NinjaTrader, Felton
Trading: CL, GC
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 81

CL with some even better action... a week of green days with this method in CL, GC, Yen... trading both directions, reversing, and covering partials with runners on board each way... almost ready 2 go live..... this shouldn't be traded ALL day, though, in my opinion..... have been logging best times for each market, as each one is different.

H

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CLRenkoWaves.png
Views:	332
Size:	234.2 KB
ID:	108282  
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

tellytub 
london uk

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 333
Thanks Received: 121

Hapster View Post
CL with some even better action... a week of green days with this method in CL, GC, Yen... trading both directions, reversing, and covering partials with runners on board each way... almost ready 2 go live..... this shouldn't be traded ALL day, though, in my opinion..... have been logging best times for each market, as each one is different.

H

Hapster, what are your entry rules? Its it bit hard to see with all the lines. Thanks

Thanked by:

Hapster 
San Diego, California

tellytub View Post
Hapster, what are your entry rules? Its it bit hard to see with all the lines. Thanks

I have on either two or three.. if three, then I cover two at +8 if available. If two, then I cover one at +8 if available. So to open the trade, I place a buy stop at the opposite end of the current direction. The "renko" bars are 8 ticks wide (9 for GC) so the length top to bottom is 16 ticks (my initial stop when entering either direction). As stated above, one or two is covered for +8 and a reversal order is placed at the opposite end to catch a trend change. So as soon as the first order is filled for however many are on, then the "reversal" order is placed at the same spot for the same amount of contracts to catch a trend reversal.

I.E., if two are on, then as soon as the initial trade is filled, then an opposite stop entry order is placed for four contracts at the opposite end. If the scale-out order is filled, then that becomes three contracts and the reversal entry price is trailed at +/- 16 ticks on the opposite end. I have other indicators that help me determine if a good trend is established so it's discretionary that way -- i.e., I'll hold off placing a trend-change order and ride the trend, depending, but for the most part, it's been profitable for the last week just "riding all the waves."

Hope this explains the entry criteria

H

Thanked by:
Amnesia
Vienna Austria

Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 67

Well.. looks good to me, testing complete on my behalf, its decent results, filtered out the bad trading stuff as much as i could. 6E is still very dodgy in some aspects and is not as ideally suited as the Russel Future and NQ futures when it comes to providing multiple entry scalp opportunities within a span of 1 Hour.

I will recap some of those trades on the 6E today and make some minor adjustments, but i will be bringing this system live in a mechanical sense tommorow, if it pans out, automation is next.

Anyone getting good results for scalping on 6E applying this strategy?

Thanked by:
Amnesia
Vienna Austria

Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 67

Forgot to mention this:

Not bad for 20 Minutes of work, there are certain settings that work ridiculously well for GC scalping but the risk is so high and you are basically forced to use buy-stop and sell-stop entries and work with them fast, also right now the spread was ridiculously stupid but entertaining nonetheless.

Thanked by:

omni72 
Tulsa, OK

Thanks Given: 582
Thanks Received: 624

Amnesia View Post
Well.. looks good to me, testing complete on my behalf, its decent results, filtered out the bad trading stuff as much as i could. 6E is still very dodgy in some aspects and is not as ideally suited as the Russel Future and NQ futures when it comes to providing multiple entry scalp opportunities within a span of 1 Hour.

I will recap some of those trades on the 6E today and make some minor adjustments, but i will be bringing this system live in a mechanical sense tommorow, if it pans out, automation is next.

Anyone getting good results for scalping on 6E applying this strategy?

Excellent input @Amnesia, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to your updated findings.

Though I'm sure we are using different techniques & settings, I've also found similar raw results: GC looks like a prime market and 6E can be a challenge.

I'm using 30-29-28 settings for 6E and here is a quick test run for today:

Since I'm still early into testing, trade management settings are quite loose. The trades highlighted in yellow are trades that would not have been allowed to double-back on themselves if traded live. The last trade probably wouldn't have been taken because of time of day.

Also, thank you @Outlander for letting us piggyback some idea sharing onto your thread If it's too distracting, just let us know and we can start a separate thread.

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. ~ Seneca
Thanked by:

Hapster 
San Diego, California

Yeah, let's just say GC is higher risk with this method. That said, I've had 7 out of the last 7 trading days profitable trading TWO contracts, covering the 1 at 8 ticks profit and reversing... and NOT trading all day; but just trading an hour or so. Today and Friday were incredibly risky trading this method, but profitable nonetheless...using other indicators for trend determination increases the profit potential by NOT reversing at certain locations but instead trailing the profit on the remaining contract(s).

Hap

Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 17, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts