NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

No BS Day Trading www.nobsdaytrading.com

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one spideysteve with 12 posts (14 thanks)
    2. looks_two Heph333 with 11 posts (63 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ReeceD with 10 posts (78 thanks)
    4. looks_4 hen322 with 9 posts (23 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one BeachTrader with 26.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two jstnbrg with 14.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ReeceD with 7.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Heph333 with 5.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 157,556 views
    2. thumb_up 750 thanks given
    3. group 131 followers
    1. forum 189 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

No BS Day Trading www.nobsdaytrading.com

matteo83 
San Escobar

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Denali/Rythmic
Trading: Futures & options
Thanks Given: 31
Thanks Received: 54

MichaelFlowTrader View Post
I'm still anti- No BS!
I don't think he teaches techniques with much edge.
Every Grady inspired trader I've watched seems to have a winrate similar to a chart pattern guesser.
He might be awesome, but from my exposure to his techniques, his writings, but not his webinars in person-- I wouldn't go to him to learn.
It use to be the case that you 'had' to go to him to learn because he was the only 'real' DOM trader teaching retail guys.
I'm simply unimpressed with his sit on your hands style, and chase size tactics.

Hi Michael,

Can you recommend some alternatives on order flow and DOM-based training

I have enough of theory. Now I'm looking for something practical and actionable. I'd prefer to see some real-world executions

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
18 thanks

spideysteve 
Fort McMurray, AB Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT, MT4, Jigsaw
Broker: Continuum
Trading: ZN, ES
Thanks Given: 363
Thanks Received: 170

matzero View Post
Hi Michael,

Can you recommend some alternatives on order flow and DOM-based training

I have enough of theory. Now I'm looking for something practical and actionable. I'd prefer to see some real-world executions

Check Axia Futures YT channel. Literally a gold mine of OF and DOM based material

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,752
Thanks Received: 18,136

matzero View Post
Can you honestly tell us did his training finally made you a consistently profitable trader?
I was very excited and absolutely sure that this time it will be all different, now I know everything to conquer the markets and so on...

Development as a trader happens when you take pieces from here and there, formulate your model of the market and decide who you are as a trader. There are obvious universal principles which must guide you regardless of methodology (risk management, for example), but you literally get to choose who you want to be. People try to copy others, and do everything they do, and it just doesn't work that way. No doubt John Grady has a lot of valuable info to teach, but expecting one person's way of doing things to translate directly to you is not reasonable and not how it works. I'm sure John would agree, and he is exchanging information that you can perhaps find useful, for money. It's perfectly reasonable, and I'm sure he doesn't promise anything beyond that.

You said two things which show you are after the holy grail. It's how almost everyone approaches the market in the beginning. (1) "Did his training finally make you ..profitable" and (2) "this time it will be all different, now I know everything to conquer the markets..." You can accept the fact that this type of thinking doesn't work, and save yourself time and money, or you can continue your search for the holy grail and be right where you are, in the same place, years from now. The choice is yours.

My suggestion: think for yourself. Pay for training, get it for free, borrow ideas, all of that of course -- but own what you do.

matteo83 
San Escobar

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Denali/Rythmic
Trading: Futures & options
Thanks Given: 31
Thanks Received: 54

josh View Post
Development as a trader happens when you take pieces from here and there, formulate your model of the market and decide who you are as a trader.

Absolutely. I got theoretical solid training. Now looking to check some different methods of trading.

Internet is full of theory, but It's very hard to find materials illustrating actual traders during their day and to see how they execute.

I'd like to see how one executes on fast market, slow market, thin market, thick market and so on

If I will see that than I will be able to choose what's best for me

josh View Post
You said two things which show you are after the holy grail

Absolutely not. I'm just not buying the idea that I have to spend 10 years staring at my screen trying to figure it out. It's not an effective way of lerning.

I just want to watch experienced traders and what they do and to choose my own way based on that

hen322 
San Francisco CA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, TOS, Jigsaw
Broker: Dorman Trading
Trading: ZN and Stocks
Thanks Given: 182
Thanks Received: 276

matzero View Post
I just want to watch experienced traders and what they do and to choose my own way based on that

Agreed. That's why I like John's webinars. You are basically "shadowing" someone who is a daytrader. You are hanging out with him all 2 weeks and experiencing how it really is to be one.

“Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers.” – Tony Robbins
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
frank25
New york

Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 4

So since this thread has been around for while and assuming that the basic and intermediate course were released a long time ago, would you still recommend these two for a beginner like me when it comes to futures trading?

Just to give you some background, a few months ago i decided to transition from trading equities to futures, currently practicing with Micro E-Mini S&P. The reason for this is because of high commissions, tax rate and also hard to borrow or not able to borrow was getting really frustrating after extensive research on tickers that were good candidates to short.

My main style is scalping, and i would to remain with this style. I don't like to hold anything overnight nor do i have any interests in holding long term intraday positions. well if the opportunity presents its self, sure why not, but this doesn't really fit my personality. I love pure scalping.

Now here are some questions that i have regarding Johns courses :

1) Knowing that he mainly focus on treasuries and since my interest currently lie in S&P futures, would the DOM, order flow teachings that he offers still be helpful to me? Would this knowledge be applicable to trading the indexes?

2) repeating my first question when starting this post : considering the fact that the basic and intermediate course were released long time ago, and also considering that the market is dynamic, changing constantly, would these order flow methods, tape reading lessons still be applicable today? I understand that he is not teaching a strategy but just a method but still, i think my question is still valid.

3) I currently signed up for jigsaw DOM. I am pretty sure all DOMs serve the same purpose but after taking a glance at what jigsaw offers and what other simple doms offer, i can easily say that jigsaw looks a bit more complex. And again correct me if i am wrong, rookie observations i guess. But what i am trying to ask here is that if in the basic and intermediate another DOM was used, will these teachings be easily transferable to jigsaw.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide and sorry if i may have repeated myself above. Looking forward to the replies.

Best,
Frank

Thanked by:

matthew28 
United Kingdom

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

frank25 View Post
So since this thread has been around for while and assuming that the basic and intermediate course were released a long time ago, would you still recommend these two for a beginner like me when it comes to futures trading?

You're interested in scalping, the beginner course is a bargain. A thick manual covering lots of information and things to watch for on the DOM, and lots of videos too of trade examples including some trades handled badly. The majority of videos are on the Jigsaw DOMs with a few early ones on the TT platform and mostly Treasuries with a couple on the ES. He has also done a number of webinars for this forum, plus has half a dozen videos on his website page.
The intermediate course was very lightweight when I bought it, just a couple of videos and a couple of pages of text for twice the price. But I did intend to sign up for one of his live trading webinars so knew I would get the intermediate course price discounted off the webinar price. If I had bought it as a standalone product I would have been a little disappointed with it, but like I say I would recommend the beginner course as being full of useful information.

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:
 SpeculatorSeth   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 1,018

frank25 View Post
3) I currently signed up for jigsaw DOM. I am pretty sure all DOMs serve the same purpose but after taking a glance at what jigsaw offers and what other simple doms offer, i can easily say that jigsaw looks a bit more complex. And again correct me if i am wrong, rookie observations i guess. But what i am trying to ask here is that if in the basic and intermediate another DOM was used, will these teachings be easily transferable to jigsaw.

John uses Jigsaw and part of the beginner course is going through how he sets up his workspace and what settings he uses.

Thanked by:

cdnftrstdr   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 86
Thanks Received: 178

frank25 View Post

Just to give you some background, a few months ago i decided to transition from trading equities to futures, currently practicing with Micro E-Mini S&P. The reason for this is because of high commissions, tax rate and also hard to borrow or not able to borrow was getting really frustrating after extensive research on tickers that were good candidates to short.

My main style is scalping, and i would to remain with this style. I don't like to hold anything overnight nor do i have any interests in holding long term intraday positions. well if the opportunity presents its self, sure why not, but this doesn't really fit my personality. I love pure scalping.

Now here are some questions that i have regarding Johns courses :

1) Knowing that he mainly focus on treasuries and since my interest currently lie in S&P futures, would the DOM, order flow teachings that he offers still be helpful to me? Would this knowledge be applicable to trading the indexes?

2) repeating my first question when starting this post : considering the fact that the basic and intermediate course were released long time ago, and also considering that the market is dynamic, changing constantly, would these order flow methods, tape reading lessons still be applicable today? I understand that he is not teaching a strategy but just a method but still, i think my question is still valid.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide and sorry if i may have repeated myself above. Looking forward to the replies.

Best,
Frank

I think its worthwhile for the price. There's a decent amount of information. I like John's style, since I use Jigsaw and scalp, his content directly applies to what I'm doing/trying to do. He's big on trading the notes, they are pretty slow moving for sure compared to an ES or CL, but I've been watching those markets more and I see his points.

I'd also recommend checking out free content on YouTube, he's done webinars for this site (FIO) and others, hours of great content. You won't necessarily get the specific set ups but you'll still get a good sense of his style.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
ilkan10
Izmir Turkey

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 27

Hi All,

Can I get an update from the folks that have taken the webinar? Your feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Do you still trade mainly based on the foundations that you learned from John? Are you consistently profitable?

@KelvinKing
@Heph333
@arnie
@spideysteve
@GeoTrader86
@ghelias
@stockwet
@phantomtrader
@matthew28
@hen322
@BeachTrader
@deltok
@RichardHK
@ReeceD
@alejo
@Poir9969
@WilleeMac
@empty
@switchtrading
@KelvinKing

Last Updated on May 16, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts