NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

No BS Day Trading www.nobsdaytrading.com

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one spideysteve with 12 posts (14 thanks)
    2. looks_two Heph333 with 11 posts (63 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ReeceD with 10 posts (78 thanks)
    4. looks_4 hen322 with 9 posts (23 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one BeachTrader with 26.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two jstnbrg with 14.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ReeceD with 7.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Heph333 with 5.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 157,556 views
    2. thumb_up 750 thanks given
    3. group 131 followers
    1. forum 189 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

No BS Day Trading www.nobsdaytrading.com

matthew28 
United Kingdom

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

stockwet View Post
Unfortunately, John is likely not in a position to defend himself on a forum like this. He has restrictions that bar him from sharing too much information, as do most traders who work as trainers.

I doubt this is true. The defense of "unfortunately I can't talk about this or show my DOM with live trades" is usually the defense of shitty indicator salesmen.
I too have done one of his Live Webinar training courses and you spend the whole time looking at his DOMs while he places trades over a few hours a day for a couple of weeks. Even the free videos/webinars he does here often include trades.
The only thing covered over is his account number. Nobody on this forum posts screenshots of their trading account numbers. Also he doesn't show trading statements, but then as he and others have said, it is easy to fake those anyway.
I imagine he doesn't post here because: not everybody is interested in forums/social media, and this review thread is already mostly pretty complementary.

I do agree though with your sentiments about the general feeling one gets for his honesty and integrity. I found the Live Webinar I attended excellent information (and as said before, his Basic Course course is a bargain for learning about orderflow). I haven't watched the recordings for awhile so don't know whether the two weeks were positive or negative. I do know though that every trade wasn't a winner and they weren't mostly losers either. So overall it was balanced enough that the thought of adding all the trades up one by one to check the result didn't occur to me, but the quality of the education and the feeling that what he was saying made sense and helped explain what was going on in the market did stand out.

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
24 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

hen322 
San Francisco CA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, TOS, Jigsaw
Broker: Dorman Trading
Trading: ZN and Stocks
Thanks Given: 182
Thanks Received: 276

I finished his webinar course for February 2020. He basically broke even on his trades, considering that's still very good when you know it's hard to perform while teaching another, especially in this kind of profession. I don't think many people realize that a person's attention gets divided when doing 2 things such as these, which makes your attention miss cues from the market. I've trained others in other professions, and that's when I make mistakes because I'm talking to the trainee. He also felt obligated to take trades he normally doesn't take because he's doing a webinar, and knows that the students will start wondering why he's not taking any trades that day.

His main purpose is to teach you, even if it does cost him a few ticks to get a point across. I could tell that he was using real money instead of a sim, because of the way he reacted and the feelings he displayed, the same feelings I get too when I trade live. He answers all questions just like he says he would. He answers each question very thoroughly and you can tell his answers are genuine and honest.

He gave more than what I was expecting. He was very thorough on teaching everything that a successful daytrader's day is like, what to expect on your profits, and how to handle losses until you finally turn the corner to profitability.

Everything he said was in-line with all the education I've learned about trading. If you liked his basic course and decide this is for you, then the intermediate course and the webinar is what you need to find the rest of the puzzle. After taking the webinar, I finally feel complete in my education on daytrading, and am starting my real journey now.

He explains and shows you what to look for, to have the best chance at playing this game.

He also records the entire webinar for you and makes another video for reviewing each trades.

It took me 8 months to shift through many webinars given from ninjatrader, futures io, wealth360, jigsaw, and interviews from chatwithtraders, plus some free trials from a few vendors, to finally recognize that NoBSDaytrading was what I was looking for.

“Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers.” – Tony Robbins
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

matteo83 
San Escobar

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Denali/Rythmic
Trading: Futures & options
Thanks Given: 31
Thanks Received: 54

stockwet View Post
I probably have a bit of buyer's remorse in posting my previous comments. I was not intending to roast John in any way. I was looking to give a fairly honest view into his training product.

What did not come through with my original post was that even though John finished the webinar series down, I would still recommend the course and count the training I did with John as a strong asset in my development as a trader. All that, even though it wasn't a particular positive experience in terms of John's results. I'm not sure how much stronger of an endorsement you could get than "hey, I watched this guy trade for two weeks, he ended down, and it was highly valuable to me."

Unfortunately, John is likely not in a position to defend himself on a forum like this. He has restrictions that bar him from sharing too much information, as do most traders who work as trainers. I really don't know if John is a profitable trader or not. I do know that I did gain extremely valuable insight about order flow from his advanced course, which I've tailored for myself.

I also found John to be EXTREMELY open and transparent. I would be willing to bet that anyone who contacted him directly would get more insight into his results than he could share publicly. I definitely encourage that. He was very approachable when I was a student and even since then.

Some time has passed since your post

Can you honestly tell us did his training made you a profitable trader?

I'm not asking about your feelings, quality of training, John's honesty. I'm asking just about the final outcome

matteo83 
San Escobar

hen322 View Post
It took me 8 months to shift through many webinars given from ninjatrader, futures io, wealth360, jigsaw, and interviews from chatwithtraders, plus some free trials from a few vendors, to finally recognize that NoBSDaytrading was what I was looking for.

Hi Hen322,

Can you honestly tell us did his training finally made you a consistently profitable trader? I mean, you know, can you now treat trading as a stable source of income

I'm asking about honest answer because after finishing other training I had similar feelings to yours, I was very excited and absolutely sure that this time it will be all different, now I know everything to conquer the markets and so on...

Unfortunately all of this was brutally verified by the reality

Thanked by:

hen322 
San Francisco CA

matzero View Post
Hi Hen322,

Can you honestly tell us did his training finally made you a consistently profitable trader? I mean, you know, can you now treat trading as a stable source of income

I'm asking about honest answer because after finishing other training I had similar feelings to yours, I was very excited and absolutely sure that this time it will be all different, now I know everything to conquer the markets and so on...

Unfortunately all of this was brutally verified by the reality

I'm glad you asked. Right after the webinar in February, coincidentally, our last day was the first day the market started tanking down hard because of the coronavirus. That day was a good day to trade because of the action. But as the subsequent days came, it became harder, because the liquidity started thinning out more, which created more chop and unpredictable movements. So the price action became too difficult to trade.

John has taught us what to look for and when to stay out. He taught us how to read the orderflow, and the meanings behind what you saw in it. So from then until now, conditions have not been optimal for trading.

After his webinar, I still traded in those conditions because I wanted to put into practice what I just learned. The funny thing is, there was so much info he taught, that I was going by what I could remember. After losing 20 ticks, I stopped, and started reviewing his videos. That's when I realized most of the things I did wrong, and was sloppy in following what he taught.

Now I feel more competent in going for it again, but right now is still not optimal for trading. I decided to do it anyway for the June Journal Challenge, so that Mike can donate more food for Ecuador.

You can follow me on my progress in my journal. But please understand, I don't think John would want me to trade right now.

I would recommend watching/listening to the interviews he gave to two of his successful students from his youtube channel. I think that would help with some of your questions.

“Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers.” – Tony Robbins
Thanked by:

matteo83 
San Escobar

hen322 View Post
You can follow me on my progress in my journal. But please understand, I don't think John would want me to trade right now.
I would recommend watching/listening to the interviews he gave to two of his successful students from his youtube channel. I think that would help with some of your questions.

Why do you think current conditions are bad for trading?
I'm during training elsewhere and we was told not to trade when there was extreme volatility.
But at least for month or more conditions went absolutely normal in terms of liquidity and volatility.

Can you share some link regarding interviews with John's successful students? I can't find that

spideysteve 
Fort McMurray, AB Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT, MT4, Jigsaw
Broker: Continuum
Trading: ZN, ES
Thanks Given: 363
Thanks Received: 170

matzero View Post
I'm during training elsewhere and we was told not to trade when there was extreme volatility.
But at least for month or more conditions went absolutely normal in terms of liquidity and volatility.

Can you share some link regarding interviews with John's successful students? I can't find that

There are a couple on his YT channel. They are oldish as John doesn’t update it often.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/user/NoBSDayTrading[/yt]

Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:

hen322 
San Francisco CA

matzero View Post

We were taught to look at the treasuries and the ES. The liquidity is not as it was back in February. In the ZN, you would see around 3000-4000 at each price level, and the ES, around 300. Right now, I would say 70% of that is back.

There's still enough chopping around that makes the price action hard to trade in the orderflow. I just got word that John is planning to do his next webinar later this month, and that he is expecting it to be good enough for teaching at that time.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you doing your training at?

MichaelFlowTrader
Atlanta

Thanks Given: 43
Thanks Received: 120

I'm still anti- No BS!
I don't think he teaches techniques with much edge.
Every Grady inspired trader I've watched seems to have a winrate similar to a chart pattern guesser.
He might be awesome, but from my exposure to his techniques, his writings, but not his webinars in person-- I wouldn't go to him to learn.
It use to be the case that you 'had' to go to him to learn because he was the only 'real' DOM trader teaching retail guys.
I'm simply unimpressed with his sit on your hands style, and chase size tactics.

matteo83 
San Escobar

hen322 View Post
We were taught to look at the treasuries and the ES. The liquidity is not as it was back in February. In the ZN, you would see around 3000-4000 at each price level, and the ES, around 300. Right now, I would say 70% of that is back.

There's still enough chopping around that makes the price action hard to trade in the orderflow. I just got word that John is planning to do his next webinar later this month, and that he is expecting it to be good enough for teaching at that time.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you doing your training at?

Ah maybe in terms of ZN. I find treasuries to slow for me. On the ES liquidity is back, volatility is under control. I'm very cautious person but I see no reason not to trade

I'm taking education in FT71's Convergent Trading + following some experienced traders on Twitter

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 16, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts