NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Futures Training Program "OpenTrader" www.opentrader.com review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 11 posts (40 thanks)
    2. looks_two cunparis with 10 posts (31 thanks)
    3. looks_3 RickW00716 with 10 posts (16 thanks)
    4. looks_4 GlobalTrader with 10 posts (10 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one nopac with 5.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two josh with 3.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cunparis with 3.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Itsjustamarket with 1.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 164,887 views
    2. thumb_up 310 thanks given
    3. group 57 followers
    1. forum 158 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Futures Training Program "OpenTrader" www.opentrader.com review

Volt 
Whitehall, NY

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TOS, Market Delta
Broker: Infinity, TOS, IB
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 125
Thanks Received: 395

do these opentrader guys just keep showing the same pre recorded webinars ? Every 6 months or so they hit my email with another webinar. So yeah, where are all these traders making all this money with Opentrader??

edit : the trading statements they show are almost 10 years old !!

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

if you could take any vendors course and then trade profitable in 30 days . would this vendor be selling the course online using adds that fallow you to your facebook page. would they not be working for Goldman Sacs. sure you can learn new stuff. so what , there is no end to that.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 nqcruiser 
Cape Town, South Africa

Platform: ninjatrader, ensignsoftware
Broker: ampfutures/Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E, Cl, TF
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 51

Eminiplayer sells their levels for 97$ a month. They also review them. Is it worth parting with a hard earned 97$.

is someone finding value in these ES levels.

Nostar123 
Atlanta

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ib
Trading: Es
Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 17

nqcruiser View Post
Eminiplayer sells their levels for 97$ a month. They also review them. Is it worth parting with a hard earned 97$.

is someone finding value in these ES levels.

I have been with eminiplayer for a few years now and imo, it's a great service for begginners to establish a decent foundation for trading the ES. The support and resistance levels he provides are very accurate. However, if you are more advanced or have even a basic understanding of technical analysis, you could easily plot the support and resistance levels yourself.

Eminiplayer also provides a trade plan video early in the morning beore the trading session and an end of day recap video highlighting specific trade setups. Personally, the trade plan video is not very useful because 90% of the morning videos go something like this: the market could go up or maybe it could go down, it depends on the real-time intraday price action. The information in morning videos were not very actionable on my part.

A few years ago the price for a subscription was only $50. The trade levels alone were worth the $50 imo. But at the current price of $97, i think it's a bit of a stretch. If you have decent technical analysis, i dont think the service is worth the $97. If you are begginner and have no clue about the market structure of es, then yes the service is worth the $97.

nqcruiser 
Cape Town, South Africa

Platform: ninjatrader, ensignsoftware
Broker: ampfutures/Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E, Cl, TF
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 51

i have over the years, appreciated the deep assessment of fellow members on this group. this guys sometimes packaged publicly available levels and sell it to unsuspecting members. i will stay away.

isnt there any room that works

gcaldridge 
port charlotte, florida

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Oil
Thanks Given: 54
Thanks Received: 81

If by Trading Room, you mean an open question/answer/comment environment then my experience is that none of them work. There are simply too many inexperienced people asking the same inexperienced questions and getting answers from other inexperienced people. A case of the blind leading the blind. Even if the room leader/trader means well, there is just too much 'noise' for this too work.

Your question leads me to realize that perhaps a trader who just lets you see what he is doing with explanations on a live trading account would work. I have never stumbled across one of those but perhaps I will see if I can find one. The essential part of this would be that he is trading live with real money. If anyone else knows of such a 'room' please share.

Thanked by:
 TraderGee 
Irvine, CA

Platform: NT8, AlgoBox, Bookmap
Broker: NT, Amp
Trading: NQ CL GC
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 20

I've taken the OpenTrader course and been a emini player subscriber until I decided I can do this by myself. Their course was very straight forward and use it as part of my foundation to market structure. The information was invaluable and it was recommended from a trader who traded for SMB Capital. I continue to share this key element of market structure/context to everyone who wants to become a day trader. I believe it's vital.

Comment about trading rooms that don't work @gcaldridge is spot on... too many inconsistencies, too many different strategies and those that are looking for the holy grail. Smaller groups that use the same trading methodologies can work but members have to adhere to strict rules that can accommodate the more experience traders that don't like noise (ie. boasting of PnL, flashy indicators, no strategies or free loaders that don't contribute).

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 zkchyo 
Taiwan

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: AMP
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 4

If you don't know how to use volume profile and some market internal indicators, just watch YouTube. $6000 for an online course is crazy.

TropicalTrader 
Vancouver Canada

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: EdgeClear Rithmic
Trading: MES
Thanks Given: 241
Thanks Received: 552

(Searching for something on google plus curiosity led me to this thread)

I've been a member of Eminiplayer since January. Awais is imo one of the top traders out there (period) and I couldn't have asked for a better mentor. One of the things I love is that its very, very actionable. I've learned a lot from other futures trainers with big followings, but aside from the odd setup, they leave you unclear about where to pull the trigger and where to place your stop. Being able to determine bias changes intraday is very powerful.

Here's the catch. I put about 20 hours a week into learning his METHODOLOGY and I have a full 100 page notebook worth of notes which I read on an ongoing basis. I review my trading at the end of the day. I log my mistakes and weaknesses and work on raising my awareness to improve.

The truth is most of you just want a red light/green light indicator and to start making thousands today. You don't have any patience to wait for a setup. You can't handle a losing day even if its just variance. You get mad after a couple losses and think the world is out to get you.

LOL, I know because I was there at one time. I didn't realize how much work needs to go into this. That's why very few become of one of the best and create their dream realities. It's been a ridiculously tough journey.

SO, to conclude. The Eminiplayer Methodology has taught me how to understand market context and bias on a deep level. My passion is short-term trading and my biggest weakness before was not understanding the bigger picture. It's taught me how to get high R-multiple trades on a regular basis and the importance of patience. I've learned how to not get chopped up on the bad days and how to really capitalize on trend days. It's really improved my confidence.

Is it right for you?! If you'd like to be able to identify 1 or 2 great trades a day, become a consistently profitable trader, build your confidence and over time become an expert on understanding market context, then yes, I totally recommend Eminiplayer / Opentrader.

*You don't need to take their expensive course at Opentrader to learn the methodology on a deep level because for $97/month at Eminiplayer.net you get access to a decade of his market recap videos. If you just study the last couple years of recap vids and take notes, that's all you need to learn the methodology on a deep enough level to be very profitable. Included with the Opentraeder training is ongoing private training videos, its a group thats for people who want to be the advanced students.

**There's no part of this training that is about using very short-term techniques, like the dom, footprint etc. If you're great at reading the dom it can help you to get higher R trades at the key zones.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 4, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts