NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Futures Training Program "OpenTrader" www.opentrader.com review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 11 posts (40 thanks)
    2. looks_two cunparis with 10 posts (31 thanks)
    3. looks_3 RickW00716 with 10 posts (16 thanks)
    4. looks_4 GlobalTrader with 10 posts (10 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one nopac with 5.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two josh with 3.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cunparis with 3.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Itsjustamarket with 1.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 166,176 views
    2. thumb_up 310 thanks given
    3. group 57 followers
    1. forum 158 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Futures Training Program "OpenTrader" www.opentrader.com review

mongoose 
Chicago, IL

Experience: None
Platform: oil super computer
Trading: multiple
Thanks Given: 817
Thanks Received: 433

josh View Post
Why should being good traders and good marketers mutually exclusive? Can't they be effective at both? I don't think good marketing makes one dishonest or bad at the service being offered.

I did not intend to knock their service in anyway as I have not used their services or know much about them other than a quick overview of the site. Are they good traders? It is very possible but I don't know. Are they good teachers? A lot of people seem to think so, so I have no reason to doubt them. Are they good marketers? This I can say yes because they have done a terrific job selling their product. That is all I was trying to say in a very short joking manner. Sorry if I had implied they where dishonest, I can not say that because I do not know much about them.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
77 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
55 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
37 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
The Program
17 thanks
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,892
Thanks Received: 7,360

josh View Post
Why should being good traders and good marketers mutually exclusive? Can't they be effective at both? I don't think good marketing makes one dishonest or bad at the service being offered.

I think it is hard to be good at both. Different skill sets in many ways. It is also hard for many good traders to be good teachers.

An example is a CTA I know. They have one guy as the trader, and another guy as the marketer.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,176
Thanks Received: 6,020

I got an invitation from optimus (Matt) to inform me that opentrader will hold a webinar tomorrow (Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM CDT). You can register here:

10 Keys to Trading Support & Resistance Like Professional Day Traders
https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/131110743

Thanked by:
 Bankrobber 
manchester

Platform: tradestation
Trading: oil
Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 25

Attended the webinar.... hard sell as expected....

They AGAIN mentioned about posting results (as they did here.... but not as yet?)... now they will be posting on there own website in May (if i heard correctly)..... 60 days refund now down to 30days....

work it out....

Thanked by:

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,782
Thanks Received: 18,254

The guys just posted a video on some execution errors they made today, and what can be learned from it. Pretty rare to see a vendor admit that they are not the almighty gods of trading and that they could have done better.

syxforex 
British Columbia

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NINJA
Broker: ZEN
Trading: Crude

I follow Awais on twitter, he is good. He makes his levels and analysis available each day after the fact to non-members, and i must say he is a talented analyst. Wouldn't it be great though if we could just pay 50 bucks per month to have someone trade for us to the tune of 100k-unlimited per year. No one would be doing that... My only drawback to a lot of these online trading venues is the scale of profits they are making from the analysis and chat room service. A few thousand people paying a couple hundred per month is millions per year pretty quickly. Do you really trust taking advice from a trader who makes more money from selling the advice than the trades, not unless they rae Goldman Sachs.. hahah

That said, if I had the money I'd join them all and learn as much as I could from talented analysts like Awais...

rwbil View Post
I joined the emini live trading room for the 1 week free trial to see what they taught. That is Open Trader trading room site.

Here is my challenge to any of these trading rooms. I should be able to follow there call such that I should be able to make enough money in the 1 week trial to pay for their month live trading room fee. And then I should make enough money in the month live trading room to pay for their education course. Seems like a reasonable expectation. Yet as of Today, I have not found one Live Trading Room that has been able to do that. I am in another live trading room currently. In 2 days they have not taken a single trade, but we will see if they can deliver.

For my one week trial of emini I followed the speaker’s recommendation as close as possible and lost money during that week. It could have just been a bad week. Aaron, the speaker did a good job of explaining everything and was clear on entry areas and targets. But these areas based on ones’ risk appetite.

The speaker did not do any live trading and there were no trading statistics available. There excuse was that different people would implement the system differently. I understand different people will implement the system differently, such as where they buy in the zones and etc. But it would be nice to at least see that there is an implementation that is profitable in live trading and see the detailed trader statistics on those trades.
I would like to know what the Win Rate is, what the Risk to Reward is, how many losing trades in a row you can expect and so forth. Especially be nice of the results were audited by a 3rd party.

I am just amazed at how many people will pay them or any vendor thousands of dollars for their educational course with absolutely no proof the trading approach being taught can even be profitable implemented in live trading. Just reminds me of the investors who put their blinders on and invest with Madoff, without looking at their statement and ask where there money was being invested. I do not have that leap of faith personality.

Having said that I thought they were fairly straight forth. No ridiculous selling pressure. I thought Aaron did a great job and I thought there trading method has merit. In fact I will go out on a limb here and say they are one of the better trading rooms I have been in. Like I said maybe I was there during a bad week. I am still learning Price Action Trading. And maybe I will eventually try out their room for a month.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Bankrobber 
manchester

Platform: tradestation
Trading: oil
Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 25

So when are Open Trader showing real trading accounts as they said they would........... ????????????

nopac 
los angeles

Platform: mkt delta
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 41

Bankrobber View Post
So when are Open Trader showing real trading accounts as they said they would........... ????????????

Excellent question. I doubt they ever will.

They made a big production about doing it on their blog months ago and haven't ever done it.

I know there are different opinions about the significance of NOT showing brokerage statements but I feel that if a person knows how to trade and actually trades, why not show records? That removes all doubt from their students' minds and really helps them make progress. There's absolutely NO legitimate reason NOT to show proof that they not only know how to trade but actually DO trade.

I signed up for their course, went through the entire thing and then got a refund. Their videos are professional but VERY vague. They just drone ON and ON and ON about academic, theoretical concepts and are very short on actionable guidance. Their "coaching" consists of a weekly webinar where they continue to speak in generalities and vague platitudes. Complete waste of time IMO. These guys are no different than most other vendors.

If they ever do start posting brokerage statements, I'll be shocked.

paps 
SF Bay Area + CA/US

Platform: TS, TOS, Ninja(Analytics)
Trading: NQ CL, ES when volatile mrkts
Thanks Given: 2,176
Thanks Received: 1,726

Well I have taken their course. I found it good.

I actually was on their Beta program so I had it Free. Yes free as I was lucky to get invited!!. They had all content in the Beta program except the Trader psychology section. But I also went ahead and bought the program. I think personally it was an excellent decision. The psyco section itself is a plus for me. But I guess everyone's situation is different & opinions matter.

i also met Awais & Ziad in Vegas as they had a trader meet & I was there for some personal work....so the timing was good.

Guys, what I realized in my trading journey.....& it is just my humble opinion. The best of teaching/the best of tools will not make me the best trader & a profitable trader. I have access to the Best which is out there in terms of Indicators/tools/equipment/etc & ofcourse education which the thread is about.Even if i had the best trader sitting next to me I realize now that i could not replicate his performance. But I realize that at the end, it is me and only me which deals at market interpretation & execution.

Anyways I feel the course is excellent and has real nuggets.. and thats what I feel when i went thru the contents. I think there is a moneyback guarantee which is good.

Well this was my 2c !!

take care & best
som

nopac 
los angeles

Platform: mkt delta
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 41

paps View Post
Well I have taken their course. I found it good.

I actually was on their Beta program so I had it Free. Yes free as I was lucky to get invited!!. They had all content in the Beta program except the Trader psychology section. But I also went ahead and bought the program. I think personally it was an excellent decision. The psyco section itself is a plus for me. But I guess everyone's situation is different & opinions matter.

i also met Awais & Ziad in Vegas as they had a trader meet & I was there for some personal work....so the timing was good.

Guys, what I realized in my trading journey.....& it is just my humble opinion. The best of teaching/the best of tools will not make me the best trader & a profitable trader. I have access to the Best which is out there in terms of Indicators/tools/equipment/etc & ofcourse education which the thread is about.Even if i had the best trader sitting next to me I realize now that i could not replicate his performance. But I realize that at the end, it is me and only me which deals at market interpretation & execution.

Anyways I feel the course is excellent and has real nuggets.. and thats what I feel when i went thru the contents. I think there is a moneyback guarantee which is good.

Well this was my 2c !!

take care & best
som

I didn't say there was no value in the course at all. My point is that they claim to be actual traders and I'm convinced that they're not.

Their course probably would be useful to people without much knowledge or experience but after you've been at this for a while and have taken several "courses" from people who don't actually know how to trade, you find more theory a bit tedious.

What they present probably could be considered the beginning of a complete market analysis method but the beginning is the easy part. Following through to the end where the "educators" make actual, verifiable trades and prove that their method has a legitimate edge over a large sample size of trades is the difficult part. This is where they (like SO MANY others) come up short.

You make some good points about there being a lot more than just the education part required for successful trading, but the education part is definitely the first and most important requirement right?

Last Updated on December 4, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts