NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Futures Training Program "OpenTrader" www.opentrader.com review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 11 posts (40 thanks)
    2. looks_two GlobalTrader with 10 posts (10 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cunparis with 10 posts (31 thanks)
    4. looks_4 RickW00716 with 10 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one nopac with 5.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two josh with 3.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cunparis with 3.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Itsjustamarket with 1.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 165,925 views
    2. thumb_up 310 thanks given
    3. group 57 followers
    1. forum 158 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Futures Training Program "OpenTrader" www.opentrader.com review

rwbil 
Baltimore MD

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT
Broker: IB, Kinetics
Trading: E6, ES and CL

I joined the emini live trading room for the 1 week free trial to see what they taught. That is Open Trader trading room site.

Here is my challenge to any of these trading rooms. I should be able to follow there call such that I should be able to make enough money in the 1 week trial to pay for their month live trading room fee. And then I should make enough money in the month live trading room to pay for their education course. Seems like a reasonable expectation. Yet as of Today, I have not found one Live Trading Room that has been able to do that. I am in another live trading room currently. In 2 days they have not taken a single trade, but we will see if they can deliver.

For my one week trial of emini I followed the speaker’s recommendation as close as possible and lost money during that week. It could have just been a bad week. Aaron, the speaker did a good job of explaining everything and was clear on entry areas and targets. But these areas based on ones’ risk appetite.

The speaker did not do any live trading and there were no trading statistics available. There excuse was that different people would implement the system differently. I understand different people will implement the system differently, such as where they buy in the zones and etc. But it would be nice to at least see that there is an implementation that is profitable in live trading and see the detailed trader statistics on those trades.
I would like to know what the Win Rate is, what the Risk to Reward is, how many losing trades in a row you can expect and so forth. Especially be nice of the results were audited by a 3rd party.

I am just amazed at how many people will pay them or any vendor thousands of dollars for their educational course with absolutely no proof the trading approach being taught can even be profitable implemented in live trading. Just reminds me of the investors who put their blinders on and invest with Madoff, without looking at their statement and ask where there money was being invested. I do not have that leap of faith personality.

Having said that I thought they were fairly straight forth. No ridiculous selling pressure. I thought Aaron did a great job and I thought there trading method has merit. In fact I will go out on a limb here and say they are one of the better trading rooms I have been in. Like I said maybe I was there during a bad week. I am still learning Price Action Trading. And maybe I will eventually try out their room for a month.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks
 Bankrobber 
manchester

Platform: tradestation
Trading: oil
Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 25

I was suspect of these guys from the start..... it all seems too glossy from the start with the pronominal video and website..... However they did say they were going to show accounts but nothing as yet?

Thanked by:
 traderwerks   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 436
Thanks Received: 465

Bankrobber View Post
It looks like they have a live trading room going by the name EMiniPlayer, not Opentrader?

Im trying to be positive, but the opentrader program looks very very professional, almost too professional for a couple of real world traders to put together.....?

Awais founded eminiplayer and opentrader. Emini player has been around for a while so I would say he has some experience marketing. I think it would be hard to tell if they are "couple of real world traders" or not, but he has been around enough to talk a good game.

YMMV

Math. A gateway drug to reality.
Thanked by:

Jedi 
SF Bay Area

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra
Broker: Multiple
Trading: CL, ES
Thanks Given: 546
Thanks Received: 594

rwbil View Post
I joined the emini live trading room for the 1 week free trial to see what they taught. That is Open Trader trading room site.

Here is my challenge to any of these trading rooms. I should be able to follow there call such that I should be able to make enough money in the 1 week trial to pay for their month live trading room fee. And then I should make enough money in the month live trading room to pay for their education course. Seems like a reasonable expectation. Yet as of Today, I have not found one Live Trading Room that has been able to do that. I am in another live trading room currently. In 2 days they have not taken a single trade, but we will see if they can deliver.

For my one week trial of emini I followed the speaker’s recommendation as close as possible and lost money during that week. It could have just been a bad week. Aaron, the speaker did a good job of explaining everything and was clear on entry areas and targets. But these areas based on ones’ risk appetite.

The speaker did not do any live trading and there were no trading statistics available. There excuse was that different people would implement the system differently. I understand different people will implement the system differently, such as where they buy in the zones and etc. But it would be nice to at least see that there is an implementation that is profitable in live trading and see the detailed trader statistics on those trades.
I would like to know what the Win Rate is, what the Risk to Reward is, how many losing trades in a row you can expect and so forth. Especially be nice of the results were audited by a 3rd party.

I am just amazed at how many people will pay them or any vendor thousands of dollars for their educational course with absolutely no proof the trading approach being taught can even be profitable implemented in live trading. Just reminds me of the investors who put their blinders on and invest with Madoff, without looking at their statement and ask where there money was being invested. I do not have that leap of faith personality.

Having said that I thought they were fairly straight forth. No ridiculous selling pressure. I thought Aaron did a great job and I thought there trading method has merit. In fact I will go out on a limb here and say they are one of the better trading rooms I have been in. Like I said maybe I was there during a bad week. I am still learning Price Action Trading. And maybe I will eventually try out their room for a month.

LOL.. You're contradicting yourself there buddy.. Why do you feel that way?

RUN-DMC - It's Tricky - YouTube

Itsjustamarket 
Richmond,UK

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TT
Broker: TT,
Trading: FGBL
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 30

So the original idea of open trader was good. A link to a traders account showing the pnl so you could get educated by someone who knows the game. One guy was James I think, who made sensible money. Then everything changed to this get education site, as to why I'm not sure.

That aside people that tell you about "setups" and support and resistance are at best lost. They are probably running this training in an effort to raise some capital so they can lose it in the mkt.

So these guys just like FT71 might know more than you so they seem legit, however they are probably not making money trading.

Just ask to see their account.......

Thanked by:
 jefe 
Snoqualmie, WA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: TF, 6E and 6S
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 9

These guys worked with me so I could make payment arrangements for the training.
Then, they made sure I knew about the 60 trial.
I have dabbled for some years and done reasonably well.
However, I didn't always know the reasons that I was doing well...I was just doing what was working.
The videos that these guys have spell it out if you are reasonably intelligent and willing to THINK.
I could cancel and get my money back...not gonna do it...this stuff is way too good and I am waiting for them to Live Trade together.
Every wednesday afternoon they have a webinar to answer any questions and have always taken the time to do exactly what I've asked of them.
Now I understand WHY specific setups are working.
I was able to get on the TF downtrend this morning to the tick....well, 1 tick of heat and followed their instructions to maximize the trade. Awesome...just my 2 cents, for what it's worth

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,175
Thanks Received: 6,020

Profitable trading education? you bet...

opentrader just up their training package +$1000 last Monday and apparantly more than 100 people signed before the increase. 2000 x 100 = $200000. Pretty lucrative in the course of a week.

Thanked by:
 mongoose 
Chicago, IL

Experience: None
Platform: oil super computer
Trading: multiple
Thanks Given: 817
Thanks Received: 433

trendisyourfriend View Post
Profitable trading education? you bet...

opentrader just up their training package +$1000 last Monday and apparantly more than 100 people signed before the increase. 2000 x 100 = $200000. Pretty lucrative in the course of a week.

Maybe we would be better off taking lessons in marketing from them rather than trading.

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Broker: AMP/CQG
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,175
Thanks Received: 6,020

mongoose View Post
Maybe we would be better off taking lessons in marketing from them rather than trading.

Maybe it is a sign that their training is worth it. Seriously, i have considered taking their training but decided to abandon the idea. I think i know enough about volume profiling. I just need to up my ability to trust myself. That is not something you can't get from videos.

Thanked by:

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Thanks Given: 6,773
Thanks Received: 18,191

mongoose View Post

Why should being good traders and good marketers mutually exclusive? Can't they be effective at both? I don't think good marketing makes one dishonest or bad at the service being offered.

Last Updated on December 4, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts