NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Like a turtle to his balcony...

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one GaryD with 1,625 posts (688 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 67 posts (106 thanks)
    3. looks_3 greenr with 51 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Deucalion with 28 posts (77 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Deucalion with 2.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two josh with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 greenr with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 GaryD with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 225,804 views
    2. thumb_up 1,158 thanks given
    3. group 36 followers
    1. forum 1,905 posts
    2. attach_file 1,043 attachments

Search this Thread

Like a turtle to his balcony...

Rad4633 
Greensboro NC

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TOS/ NT Dorman
Trading: ES TF CL
Thanks Given: 2,657
Thanks Received: 894

ok this question has me curious about the answer, I ll be watching for their replies

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Experience: None
Platform: shoes
Trading: happy

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Oil prices spiked on Friday on reports that Egypt closed off its borders with the Gaza Strip and announced a state of emergency in the Suez and Sinai provinces. The reports, from Egypt's government-owned newspaper, cited security threats after attacks in the region as the reason for closing the border, a key seaway used for oil traffic.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Tough call this morning. Pre-RTH price tested above Wednesday's high, then opened back inside range, tested Wed's value, and has settled in the middle pre- ES. Egypt still provides little comfort that the threat is over.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

LOL! Missed me. It filled 20 lucky orders and left me behind!

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Rad4633 View Post
ok this question has me curious about the answer, I ll be watching for their replies

I may have to get back to that one later. The topic got away from us and we were off in other directions. I guess there is enough trade talk during regular hours.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Sunday evening

I found myself wanting to fade crude tonight. On the daily chart this is a high confluence area for major resistance, which is why I was "sell ready", without any additional confirmation.

But my goal has been to blend everything I have learned into a single understanding, and catching the top does not win me anything special. There is nothing saying to sell in MP. The 6pm open was above Friday's range, tested into the price that occured after the pit close and reversed out higher again.

I was thinking about market profile this weekend as I drove along, and saw that it can give a very early indication on when and where to go short, if I was going to, and that by having an understanding of where on other charts should be more of an awareness than a commitment.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

“You train your eye and your vision lusts after color. You train your ear, and you long for delightful sound. You delight in doing good, and your natural kindness is blown out of shape. You delight in righteousness, and you become righteous beyond all reason. You overdo liturgy, and you turn into a ham actor. Overdo your love of music, and you play corn. Love of wisdom leads to wise contriving. Love of knowledge leads to faultfinding.

If men would stay as they really are, taking or leaving these eight delights would make no difference. But if they will not rest in their right state, the eight delights develop like malignant tumors. The world falls into confusion. Since men honour these delights, and lust after them, the world has gone stone-blind. When the delight is over, they still will not let go of it....”

- Chuang Tzu

I was a great guitar player in my pre and early college years. And then got my father's permission to change colleges to become a jazz performance major. The study was intense. I went to one of the top rated jazz schools in the country, and we started with over 100 guitarists in the first semester, had 17 I think by semester 2. There was a performance test every single week, and if you made a mistake on just one of those performances, you got a B for the class. You had to get an A or a B to move on to the next level.

Technically, I became a much better player. But the intensity and seriousness of it all slowly killed my passion for playing.

I got into trading the opposite way. I studied as hard as I ever have at anything. I dug into the techincal side without ever considering whether I liked it or not. Now I am going the other direction...

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Taking this outside to discuss with my wife.

Short was correct BTW, but not important. There are better trades.

On a different note, last week, Friday, I was telling my wife how things went. Not a great week for all the work and hours.. .and she said, "It was one week, not a big deal". That shift in her was inspiring to me. Proving to her that this is ok has been a big pressure for me. Like the archer going for gold.

Last Updated on August 5, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts