NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Like a turtle to his balcony...

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one GaryD with 1,625 posts (688 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 67 posts (106 thanks)
    3. looks_3 greenr with 51 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Deucalion with 28 posts (77 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Deucalion with 2.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two josh with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 greenr with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 GaryD with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 225,776 views
    2. thumb_up 1,158 thanks given
    3. group 36 followers
    1. forum 1,905 posts
    2. attach_file 1,043 attachments

Search this Thread

Like a turtle to his balcony...

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Experience: None
Platform: shoes
Trading: happy

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

And another place I know nothing... This chart is in honor of my buddy @greenr. I am going to watch what I believe is one of his views as I study the book "Markets In Profile".

Sell ready approaching.

greenr 
london/england

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra charts, NinjaTrader, VK Trader
Broker: CQG, AMP, VK, Kinetick
Trading: CL/6E/TF/ES
Thanks Given: 562
Thanks Received: 1,280

GaryD View Post

And another place I know nothing... This chart is in honor of my buddy @greenr. I am going to watch what I believe is one of his views as I study the book "Markets In Profile".

Sell ready approaching.

Im no master of this yet

But what did we see here

below yesterdays RTH lows

Dont be fooled by the red and green.....think about it logically

" I will follow my rules, I will take my stops, I will be disciplined and i will work with the market....NOT AGAINST IT! Professional mind control is the key"
Thanked by:

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

greenr View Post
Im no master of this yet

But what did we see here

below yesterdays RTH lows

Dont be fooled by the red and green.....think about it logically

I am fooled easily, but not paying attention to those charts really yet. lol

I shorted the daily VWAP, but used it as additional confluence with other things I am more comfortable with. Today it worked, but as with all things in trading, was it coincidence or not? Time will tell. I bought out of my short already at 97.35 due to a HV catch and am done.

Thanks Ryan, we'll talk soon.

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,748
Thanks Received: 18,135

Gary, it seems to me you are quite good already at using volume and your general read, that you are already using order flow effectively. What you are seeking to learn in your book (and I would recommend Mind Over Markets over that one, though I like them both) is unrelated to that particular chart that you are now using, as that chart has little to do with structure, which is what profiling is useful for.

Thanked by:

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

josh View Post
Gary, it seems to me you are quite good already at using volume and your general read, that you are already using order flow effectively. What you are seeking to learn in your book (and I would recommend Mind Over Markets over that one, though I like them both) is unrelated to that particular chart that you are now using, as that chart has little to do with structure, which is what profiling is useful for.

Josh, I really have no opinion about POC, VWAP, VAH/L, IB, etc, as it has never really been something I studied in depth. I know what it is enough to talk about it from a chart perspective, but nothing about how to use it as an advantage. I was reading Ryan's post in another thread and decided to imitate one of his charts for awhile, which is what I posted. But it means absolutely nothing to me in terms of having a clue.

What I THINK you are referring to is this other chart I am starting to watch. But still, I am a complete market profile idiot and really do not even know if my charts are right yet. I am going to read both books mentioned and thought I would just start to get familiar with what the charts looked like. If you or @greenr have any advice on setting up charts and indicators correctly I would welcome it.

For today, and probably for awhile to come, I am still making trade decisions the old fashioned way, using prior pivot structure, fibs, short term momentum, and 1 minute volume. It is all I know at this point, but I want to know more.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

The support zone that I did not buy (but did in my head) seems to be my best trade for the day.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

https://www.centerpointe.com/

This has been interesting. I have been doing it for awhile, and the change is not instant, but over time is perceptible. Greater calm, clarity, patience, peace, etc.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

For fun, and as part of opening my mind to a new way of thinking, I changed my entire chart setup as a new workspace that I have flipped back and forth with my regular charts over the past few days.

I changed the background to white to help open my mind, and also to make obvious I do not know these charts. (I have switched to my old setup before taking a trade, as being unfamiliar spooks me some)

I just noticed how "happy" it all looked, and might just keep it for that reason.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

My wife is trying to kill me. "Pick one"...

Extreme Fitness Programs - Intense/Advanced Workout - beachbody.com

If I survive, I am curious how, if at all, the psychological change might affect how I look at trades.

Last Updated on August 5, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts