NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Like a turtle to his balcony...

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one GaryD with 1,625 posts (688 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 67 posts (106 thanks)
    3. looks_3 greenr with 51 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Deucalion with 28 posts (77 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Deucalion with 2.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two josh with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 greenr with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 GaryD with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 227,157 views
    2. thumb_up 1,158 thanks given
    3. group 36 followers
    1. forum 1,905 posts
    2. attach_file 1,043 attachments

Search this Thread

Like a turtle to his balcony...

addchild 
Bay Area California

Experience: None
Platform: TT T4
Broker: Phillip Capital
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 926
Thanks Received: 898

GaryD View Post
RISKMGR

People will think you're an actuary.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
48 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Platform: shoes
Trading: happy

Tuesday

TUT email of the day. "A runner's high doesn't come from thinking about the end result; to a runner so affected, the end result is assured. Instead, they think only of the moment, one step, one breath, and one heartbeat at a time."

Price stayed confined to the recent bracket in the ON session, ranging from roughly 97.40 to 98.80., slightly favoring the lower side, but in a very tight and choppy corrective-type motion, mostly occuring inside the single prints from Monday's K period.

Volume has moved to the August contract an hour before RTH.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

addchild View Post
People will think you're an actuary.

That's a big part of it.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Today is the only time I can recall where I dozed off in a trade, awakened by the sound of my target hitting. (Short Squeeze is a pain all through the night) A long slow reversion trade to ETH VWAP after testing a break out of the 2-day RTH range on the upside and then retruning to value. I did not get a great entry, compared to today's range, but took little to no heat.

It looks like FOMC has put crude price action into slow motion today. Sitting net +52, going to walk around and see f I can wake up more.

Switched back to July contract looking for volume

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

I actually did go take a nap. There was nobody in this market as could be seen in both contract's volume. I came back to the screens to see price take out the RTH HOD, and started to go with it, changed my mind (3 tick long) and then faded it.

It may still run higher into the close, but I hid behind that bar shown with the arrow for a quick in and out scalp.

What caused me to change my mind on the long was the similar bar to the left of my trade entry, printing 183x1, combined with the profile shape of the day, and feeling that no one was seriously in this price action.

Net 67 in August, plus 5 in July.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Post close shot, same thing. If this were still RTH I would short it again. Those are just stops getting run, if I had to take a guess, guys like me years ago who thought I could catch a big swing at 2pm by fading the market with a tiny stop...

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

I am contemplating ending this thread. Recently I see it as a bridge from one thing to another.

Then I question myself, if it is purely social/journaling, why does it matter?

I came back into trading and test drove the hell out of it for a few months. My goal was not to have one. This particular ride was pure visceral meets zen. But, I decided to make a move in a more defined direction recently, drove home in my new crudemobile last night, set up the bluetooth, voice commands, etc. this evening. Thought some more about getting a custom tag for it. As I walked back and forth, bringing things in to the house that were in my previous vehicle, or to the trash cans, visualizing various proclamations written in 6 or 7 letters on the left rear corner...

I am feeling great. Trading better than I ever have in terms of psychology. I got a PM from someone the other day, sounded like they were hoping to "save" me. lol!! Maybe I go too far sometimes with my posts. Possibly my personality is on the extreme side. More than likely it is foreign to imagine my long but sure path to disassociation with how much I might make.

My journey is unique to me, just as all of ours are to us.

I am happier being a trader today than at any point previous. I have been humbled by the market more than a few times. Ass-raped a time or two even. I have most definitely learned respect for it. I can listen or get my head handed to me, those are the options it gives me every day. Strange in some ways that I have grown comfortable with those terms. Dare I admit, prefer them. It comes with a trade-off, something I am not yet capable of putting into the correct words. Not that I feel that is necessary anymore.

I had a lot of stuff to sort through in my mind over the past 6 years. I don't feel I am completely the same person who discovered futures.io (formerly BMT), and am convinced, but lacking proof, that futures.io (formerly BMT) is part of the transformation I have gone through. Inviting me to express my inner thoughts in a way that would just be more than awkward in any other social setting I can picture. Causing me to dig deeper than I would have otherwise.

I took a nap today during the lunch trading! I had seen enough, it was not my type of market, and what better way to spend a rainy day after our new kitten has kept me up two nights in a row? I made my first two vehicle payments in between sleeping. lol!!! I can't cant the number of times I have been typing and something came out that made me just laugh out loud here in my chair. That was funny mostly because I know how finicky today's wins could be if I am not careful. But, that's ok. I like it that way.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,217
Thanks Received: 101,610

When a door closes, a window opens. Or something like that. Just do what you gotta do, and keep moving forward. The most important thing is to focus on what you want to do, what makes you happy.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Big Mike View Post
The most important thing is to focus on what you want to do, what makes you happy.

Mike, possibly above all else, that is what learning to trade has taught me. In a newer thread I saw last night about futures.io (formerly BMT) and vendors, your defending what you wanted this site to be really resonated with me. For me, it has been an incredible experience. And while futures.io (formerly BMT) has all kinds of indicators and webinars that alone make the "$100 for life" the best value of any trading site out there, plus guys willing to help a person with custom indicators, other guys who can provide very knowledgeable answers to almost any question about trading... the real value of this site is deeper than any of that. And it comes back to you having a clear picture of what it should be, and the sacrifices you make to keep it that way.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

I just liked this post and wanted to give credit before I plagiarized a few sections of it.

FB2012 View Post

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate and hate leads suffering"

"If you have an target you want to achieve you should not concentrate too much on the target... not getting too obsessed by achieving the goal, this is the most difficult thing in trading."

"Love what you are currently doing, therefore the steps (even the smallest step) should be loved and this will square the outcome."

"I have to respect the market and when I respect the market, the market will honor that in giving back respect to me."

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

Last Updated on August 5, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts