NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Like a turtle to his balcony...

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one GaryD with 1,625 posts (688 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 67 posts (106 thanks)
    3. looks_3 greenr with 51 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Deucalion with 28 posts (77 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Deucalion with 2.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two josh with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 greenr with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 GaryD with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 225,804 views
    2. thumb_up 1,158 thanks given
    3. group 36 followers
    1. forum 1,905 posts
    2. attach_file 1,043 attachments

Search this Thread

Like a turtle to his balcony...

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Experience: None
Platform: shoes
Trading: happy

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

"Not having enough money, Gary, is never the problem it seems.

First, lack is always temporary.

Second, change is only ever a few thoughts away.

And third, it's not like you haven't performed miracles before.

Honey, honey -
The Universe "

My TUT email of the day.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

The high pivot at 93.63 broke sending crude higher in the ON session, but then failed to act as support for the RTH trade. I did net 37 ticks today from the long side, but the trade went nowhere after I had closed it, and then price came back to retest the minor inverted LSP. That is my new make-or-break point for crude, and I will not change my higher timeframe long bias unless 92.40 fails.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

@Private Banker alerted me to the fact my data was off due to rollover. I am guessing this is not the first time, but I never realized it before. Similar to the realization upon reading the first 50 pages of Mind over Markets, where I am again labeled a "Novice", twice in the same week I am reminded that despite the 7 day a week education I pursued for 5 years, staying humble is never a bad approach.

I am not put back by the thought that there is so much to learn. In fact my personality almost requires that environment. And, I have crossed the hump where I know I am not completely in the dark.

I pulled two wins out of CL today on the long side, which in hindsight seems unlikely, but the VSA rules that have somewhat formed on their own, the mind's automatic response to pain avoidance maybe, seem to give me at least 10-20 ticks even on a freight train. And, whether it ultimately proves to be correct or not, without some view of higher timeframe direction, which I determined to be lukewarm long, up until today's ETH close, where would the faith to trade come from to begin with?

What is always somewhat frustrating about analysis on multiple timeframes, is that many times wave structure can be debated from either side. While on the 120/360 minute I was following a potential W4, tonight on the 30 min I see a possible W5 completion. And, both are possible. "Technically", the higher W1 has not been broken, and while W2/4 similarity would be preferred, it is never a definite. But down has now become rather convincing.

However, I had said earlier that if the pivot broke it would sway my bias, and that did occur. But, nothing is ever definite in trading, and tonight I cleared the analysis to start over...

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

TurboFire sucks. My neighbor asked if I had been in the lake. My wife barely breaks a sweat.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

I am determined to get something out of the volume ladder view, and have messed with the settings for over an hour, trying to see if I can interpret one part at a time. Right now I am going to try just seeing the heavy areas.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

My trading has been relatively good since I started back, percentage wins rising, familiarity gaining. Even though I still have a very busy schedule. I have projects underway in New Jersey and Baltimore, and probably going to Austin still this week. And, trying to keep up with my study of market profile and volume ladders, while maintaining my torturous workout schedule with my wife. But in all of it, I am very calm today compared to where I had gotten just a few months back. And happy.

EDIT: I just noticed something is really wrong with my NT report. I blue-screened today also. Something is off with my computer.

Attached Thumbnails
Like a turtle to his balcony...-date.pdf  

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

MBA Purchase Applications
7:00 AM ET

Durable Goods Orders
8:30 AM ET

Ben Bernanke Speaks
10:00 AM ET

Pending Home Sales Index
10:00 AM ET

EIA Petroleum Status Report
10:30 AM ET

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

I closed a trade today that I should not have. No, I closed several. I bought CL within 10 ticks of the LOD, at an area that had confluence, volume confirmation, and at the direct intersection of an area I said the day before was my focus. But then took profits when I felt it was "enough". The target was initially over 100 ticks away. Then, after EIA, I went back in (within maybe 15 ticks of where I had gotten out) and then got impatient with consolidation, and closed. While I did re-enter, and held to target, the issue that arose dealt with patience and uncertainty again.

The TurboFire thing has already gotten easier. My wife is a great motivator and is doing it with me every time. The Holosync meditation audio now has a workout version, which might be a way to multitask maintaining the right mindset. Feeling good and positive has a measurable impact on my trading. I am assuming the regular intense workouts will only help with that.

I decided to start participating in a popular thread here, and noticed tonight that I jumped right in hard, almost dominating the posts today. I am so used to keeping my own journal and keeping to myself that I just do things automaticaly, but as I went through that thread tonight I felt a little self-conscious about it. Not sure how to figure out where my place there should be. But I do enjoy being there with other traders more than I thought I would. I think on that point I have found myself much more than in the past.

The market profile study is almost like someone just gave labels to something I already knew in a way but never organized, and is sinking in very fast. Or I think it is. It is not a new way of thinking even, just a new way to explain it. And it gives order and confidence.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

GDP

Jobless Claims

Chicago PMI
9:45 AM ET

Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index
9:45 AM ET

EIA Natural Gas Report
10:30 AM ET

Kansas City Fed Manufacturing Index
11:00 AM ET

Last Updated on August 5, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts