NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Like a turtle to his balcony...

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one GaryD with 1,625 posts (688 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 67 posts (106 thanks)
    3. looks_3 greenr with 51 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Deucalion with 28 posts (77 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Deucalion with 2.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two josh with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 greenr with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 GaryD with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 225,981 views
    2. thumb_up 1,158 thanks given
    3. group 36 followers
    1. forum 1,905 posts
    2. attach_file 1,043 attachments

Search this Thread

Like a turtle to his balcony...

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Experience: None
Platform: shoes
Trading: happy

One more tiny scalp as I wait for mean reversion

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,752
Thanks Received: 18,136

Nice trading so far today Gary.

I have a question for you, when you take a break and have a minute -- you use Zen-Fire for data, correct? You only get minute-based data backfill, not tick data, from what I can see. So are you using another service for historical tick-data for when you need to re-download missing data, and are you running multiple copies of SC to do this?

And also, just so you know it's available, in the Number Bars study (now V2 has replaced the old one as of 984 or so), there is a background type called "ask/bid volume split profile across bid & ask." This gives an accurate profile for each bar with a scale that is much better than the old profile. Just in case you weren't aware, you may want to check it out, as it's new.

Thanked by:

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

I closed the trade. Maybe I am wrong, but there are better opportunities and I am in safe mode today.

Price keeps riding the edge of RTH value, and ES is pushing above Friday's HOD.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Not "maybe", I was wrong to close...

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Price is locked between two day's values and is looking rotational.

In last night's analysis I could see both sides of the story with about equal weight. I am going to wait for a beter opportunity than is offered right now.

Net +138

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

josh View Post
Nice trading so far today Gary.

I have a question for you, when you take a break and have a minute -- you use Zen-Fire for data, correct? You only get minute-based data backfill, not tick data, from what I can see. So are you using another service for historical tick-data for when you need to re-download missing data, and are you running multiple copies of SC to do this?

And also, just so you know it's available, in the Number Bars study (now V2 has replaced the old one as of 984 or so), there is a background type called "ask/bid volume split profile across bid & ask." This gives an accurate profile for each bar with a scale that is much better than the old profile. Just in case you weren't aware, you may want to check it out, as it's new.

My first thought was, "Oh, man did I forget...".

I set up my previous dedicated trade computer last week, and transferred everything over to it so I could run 3 main monitors with a laptopn and extension backup/new/email/chat machine.

But, under Data/Trade Service Settings, it says Intraday Storage Time Unit is 1 Tick. (Yes, Zen-Fire)
What are you seeing that looks off?

I know about NBV2, and was using it, but I dowloaded Ben's settings on Saturday and am trying them out today. He used the prior version.

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,752
Thanks Received: 18,136

GaryD View Post
My first thought was, "Oh, man did I forget...".

I set up my previous dedicated trade computer last week, and transferred everything over to it so I could run 3 main monitors with a laptopn and extension backup/new/email/chat machine.

But, under Data/Trade Service Settings, it says Intraday Storage Time Unit is 1 Tick.

What are you seeing that looks off?

I know about NBV2, and was using it, but I dowloaded Ben's settings on Saturday and am trying them out today. He used the prior version.

Not seeing anything that looks off buddy, just asking for my own personal information because I changed data services recently and wondering how you get your tick data backfill. After reading your reply I'm still not sure where your backfill data is coming from..? Or perhaps I'm wrong, and Zen-Fire does indeed offer tick data backfill (though SC's page says it does not).

At any rate, don't let me distract you, trade away, and we can chat after the close.

Thanked by:

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

josh View Post
Not seeing anything that looks off buddy, just asking for my own personal information because I changed data services recently and wondering how you get your tick data backfill. After reading your reply I'm still not sure where your backfill data is coming from..? Or perhaps I'm wrong, and Zen-Fire does indeed offer tick data backfill (though SC's page says it does not).

At any rate, don't let me distract you, trade away, and we can chat after the close.

OK, my bike is old and rusty, and the wheel wobbles some... I still use XP on my trade computer Josh! lol!! But I will still get out there and ride hard with you.

The sane response is, I don't know. I changed it from 1m to 1 tick on the other computer when I was having data issues and it seemed to fix everything, but I never read whether it is offered or not. It worked, I never questioned it. Story of my SOP.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

On a similar note, this weekend I was at Lowes figuring out what hurricane straps they had that I could fashion into a dual monitor stand to put one on top of the other. I think I have it figured out for less than $15 and will post if I build it.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Trying to make money in this sideways action is exactly how I went from down 100 to down 180 on Friday... The first $1k was frustrating but not bad trading, the next $800 was what had me spend some time assessing myself over the weekend.

I am a slow learner... 6 years and I can still try to force a trade some days. Purging out bad habits, holding on to the good ones, and making new ones all at the same time takes calm and clarity.

A lot of two-way trade between 95.60 and 96.00. "182 x 181"..

I do think I just recognized algos hitting the bid today, for the first time.

Last Updated on August 5, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts