NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Like a turtle to his balcony...

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one GaryD with 1,625 posts (688 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 67 posts (106 thanks)
    3. looks_3 greenr with 51 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Deucalion with 28 posts (77 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Deucalion with 2.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two josh with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 greenr with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 GaryD with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 225,804 views
    2. thumb_up 1,158 thanks given
    3. group 36 followers
    1. forum 1,905 posts
    2. attach_file 1,043 attachments

Search this Thread

Like a turtle to his balcony...

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Experience: None
Platform: shoes
Trading: happy

I just keep buying the 70s, exitting the 90s... keep holding one or two becaus eI think it has room to move, but it is getting funny

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Made it to 107 ticks today, then back to breakeven. I got lazy, bored, scalping as if I was just picking money up off the ground. When price fell into consolidation, AND, I knew it was from FOMC, I should have walked. But there was so much confusion to today I am not sure I felt "satisfied"?

In hindsight it was foolish, but at the time it just was. There was no indicator light that went off saying anything was out of the ordinary. I felt secure.

I think the pace of the market, the major whipsaw, the fact I was up, then down, then up again...

Overtrading. I get sloppy like that still occassionally.

Overtrading, also known as scalping, alters the in-the-moment concept of risk and opportunity. Numbs the senses some.

Tomorrow, this is what I will read first, via permalink to my journal shortcut.

Net -22.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Tonight, a new practice. Being in a slow trade. I am going to swing trade the ON session. Have not decided where or which way yet. The $ amount is small, that is not the point. I need less ...

No...

I wanted "action" today, after seeing so much of it and not understanding, and then feeling ready to rade but they did not want to go anywhere anymore.

And that baited scalping.

luerd it, or invited it, or was taken advantage of...

Or it was ust looking for an excuse.

But the reason is not the point. The pount is, having the SKILLS of a scalper = "good" . Having the mindset of scalper = "Bad".

We must believe that there is more opportunity than there is risk.

Why don't we? Something in our past? Something genetic? Or instinctual?

I have my theory, you have yours. Because we are not the same person. But we are still the same.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

"Advantageous Opportunity". The question of, "is this one?", belongs on the trade checklist.

Sure, price MOVES all the time. So?

We learn to know the difference, and we must trust that we do know the difference, and they are two different sets of skills that do not develop as one.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

My trade will be based on 3 things;

1) 240m chart zone
2) ETH Market Profile
3) ETH Vwap

Given the situation, with price inside a 618/786 confluence, back into the hig range of balance from a prior low pivot reversal, I am preferring long. Risk will be minimal. I know the 3am open could provide continuation. The profit or loss is not the point.

I KNOW this is not an Advantageous Opportunity. That is another lesson.

This is about something else, and I am willing to pay for it onight, and am not always willing to do so.

If it loses, and keeping in mind I am not it yet, have no clear direction but in my head maybe 65% up for RR preference It sis the cost of the lesson. And lesson does not mean "win". Better sometimes when it does not. ,

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

OK, in. The is my job, and I have to make a decision tonight, like it or not. The intent is to focus on managing the trade, and, knowing I am going to bed soon. This trade will end on it's own.

Why night, not RTH?

RTH is the "time". Harder to work on these things.

Why not sim?

It is just different.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

BTW, I do not think this is a great trade, really can't say it is a good one. I am just doing what I think needs to be done to understand something I am working with. What I expect to happen, knowing myself, is if it wins, I will reinforce a good behavior. if it loses, I will continue to use what I know to play the same game. And RTH is too distracting to play something so silly.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Thursday, May 23, 2013

We will open way out orf range/balance to the downside.

GaryD View Post
Made it to 107 ticks today, then back to breakeven. I got lazy, bored, scalping as if I was just picking money up off the ground. When price fell into consolidation, AND, I knew it was from FOMC, I should have walked. But there was so much confusion to today I am not sure I felt "satisfied"?

In hindsight it was foolish, but at the time it just was. There was no indicator light that went off saying anything was out of the ordinary. I felt secure.

I think the pace of the market, the major whipsaw, the fact I was up, then down, then up again...

Overtrading. I get sloppy like that still occassionally.

Overtrading, also known as scalping, alters the in-the-moment concept of risk and opportunity. Numbs the senses some.

Tomorrow, this is what I will read first, via permalink to my journal shortcut.

Net -22.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Zero risk trade, just feeling where things are

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

I have been buying this market, there is a major support zone around 91.84-92-13, + a prior excess low (green on MP chart), and the RTH/ETH vwaps are in conflict with each other.

I exitted a trade and may go short now at the edge of ETH vwap, there is still an incomplete low on today's MP, but there has been a lot of buying down there.

Last Updated on August 5, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts