NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Like a turtle to his balcony...

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one GaryD with 1,625 posts (688 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 67 posts (106 thanks)
    3. looks_3 greenr with 51 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Deucalion with 28 posts (77 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Deucalion with 2.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two josh with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 greenr with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 GaryD with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 225,804 views
    2. thumb_up 1,158 thanks given
    3. group 36 followers
    1. forum 1,905 posts
    2. attach_file 1,043 attachments

Search this Thread

Like a turtle to his balcony...

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Experience: None
Platform: shoes
Trading: happy

Now, similarly I am strong enough to make her go, like by picking her up. (would not drag her as ES might CL). But the first chance she gets to head in the other direction, if I am ready to go, we could run all the way home.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

The price action divergence between the two is very obvoius today. But selling does not make sense to me yet, and buying seems like something I would beat myself up for afterwards for having known better.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

GaryD View Post
I would have shorted CL hard if I saw the same thing and ES would turn, but it wouldn't... Some days I have almost despised ES when it would not let CL do it's thing. Not today. Today I just accepted that ES was going to blow the high and I was a day early, if right at all. Not only is there the right setup in the right area, but there is the right time of day to do it in.

The day type says there should be buyers ready to react. The higher view says this is a make or break area. My hunch, wish maybe, is down. But it will do what it does. IF it moves down, the target is 88.50. The 94.50 area, spreading itself across at least a 50 tick swath, could stay a topic for awhile. It is one of those places. The last time I felt this strong was the last major bottom in crude. The shitty part is, that does not mean it will happen. That part you never know, but the where, is here.

I think that is why I don't trade ES.

Flat all day... SOAB

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

ME

MY DOG

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Split profile at imbalance. 2 scalps long.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

There should be some short covering as ES approaches high. Trying to just be patient, see what happens. Price keeps fighting the edge of current value, but still not liking the price divergence.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

short 60 and 69

1 off 52

Closed 24

I originally targeted to incomplete low on the TPO chart at 93.15, but still getting my head around that and wimped out today.

I allowed ES to talk me out of a trade this morning, something I have done many times before, but I don;t know what to do about it. Ignoring the pull is not wise either, and ES barely had to give up anything to send CL racing lower. Tough trade, even with the level of conviction I had this week. The market will wear me out sometimes.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Have some work to get done. Spent all day stalking a good trade and ignored the time.

This is the chart I used for my entry area today. Brand spanking new as of late last night, copying @Private Banker. It shows the value area of the prior day on today's action.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Sierra's performance report, called Trade Statistics, is very different from NT's. It looks like I will have to completely redesign my spreadsheet I was using for making a moving average. I wanted something very easy that used as few steps as possible to load the data, and built what I had been using to work with NT, but the data does not line up.

Sierra offers some points that I had not seen before, but as a trade off does not give the graphs. Not that they are required though. I very much like the "Fill to Fill" vs "Flat to Flat" option, the Average Quantity, Avg PF, Largest Winner/Loser as % of Profit/Loss. Some other things I am not sure if I need or not. I am hoping to make a new ongoing summary this weekend.

This version is "Flat to Flat". Actual total contracts traded was 36.

Attached Thumbnails
Like a turtle to his balcony...-tradestatistics.pdf  

Last Updated on August 5, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts