NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Like a turtle to his balcony...

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one GaryD with 1,625 posts (688 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 67 posts (106 thanks)
    3. looks_3 greenr with 51 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Deucalion with 28 posts (77 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Deucalion with 2.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two josh with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 greenr with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 GaryD with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 225,804 views
    2. thumb_up 1,158 thanks given
    3. group 36 followers
    1. forum 1,905 posts
    2. attach_file 1,043 attachments

Search this Thread

Like a turtle to his balcony...

Private Banker 
La Jolla, CA

Experience: Master
Platform: Sierra Chart, X_Trader Pro, OptionsCity
Broker: Advantage, Trading Technologies, OptionsCity, IQ Feed
Trading: CL, NG
Thanks Given: 1,713
Thanks Received: 3,863

GaryD View Post

It's going to be a long weekend

Looks like you need to adjust the font size. Here's my settings for the ES. You can change what you want including the value area back to 70%. Hopefully that helps. Also, make sure to click and drag the X and Y axis to really bring it all together uniformly. For Crude, try a price/tick level of 3.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

greenr 
london/england

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra charts, NinjaTrader, VK Trader
Broker: CQG, AMP, VK, Kinetick
Trading: CL/6E/TF/ES
Thanks Given: 562
Thanks Received: 1,280

Private Banker View Post
You got it right there. I changed my color scheme to provide clarity obviously but also use colors that aren't stressful if that makes any sense. Trading can be stressful enough, lol! I'll admit I'm a bit artsy with everything in my life and really like clean modern looking things. This is my interpretation of what I like on to my charts.

I used to stare at black screens all day and it just destroyed my vision and then one day, I just decided I didn't have to deal with that anymore and changed everything to how it is currently. It makes a big difference in my opinion.

Iv always thought stairing at bright white screen all day would give me head aches

May be ill try white charts if this is the case

" I will follow my rules, I will take my stops, I will be disciplined and i will work with the market....NOT AGAINST IT! Professional mind control is the key"
Thanked by:

devdas 
Al,India

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Z
Trading: NiftyFuture
Thanks Given: 1,513
Thanks Received: 1,701

I could arrange a template cool to my eyes this week....if you like....Pencil shades.

Harvest The Moon
Nest The Market
Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: GomVolumeLadderMetro-Pencil.xml
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Experience: None
Platform: shoes
Trading: happy

greenr View Post
Iv always thought stairing at bright white screen alday would give me head aches

May be ill try white charts if this is the case

I thought the same thing. You probably know I used nothing but black backgrounds for years. I only changed to white to remind myself I did not know the charts I was using, but then found out I "felt better" watching white charts all day.

I know that I have had eye strain headaches from black screens, and so far, not from white.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

David_R 
San Jose, Ca
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Something moving
Thanks Given: 2,335
Thanks Received: 2,524

GaryD View Post
I thought the same thing. You probably know I used nothing but black backgrounds for years. I only changed to white to remind myself I did not know the charts I was using, but then found out I "felt better" watching white charts all day.

I know that I have had eye strain headaches from black screens, and so far, not from white.

Gary, now you have me thinking because I thought white backgrounds were hard on the eyes because of the brightness. I was wondering if a light gray was the way to go like the pencil colors. looks good.

d

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Private Banker View Post
Looks like you need to adjust the font size. Here's my settings for the ES. You can change what you want including the value area back to 70%. Hopefully that helps. Also, make sure to click and drag the X and Y axis to really bring it all together uniformly. For Crude, try a price/tick level of 3.

Thanks for the settings, that was helpful. But my first problem was far more clueless than you are giving me credit for. I did not realize I was on a month chart for an embarrassingly long time.

Baby steps...

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

OK, I am getting somewhere now. Thanks @Private Banker, @josh.

Private Banker 
La Jolla, CA

Experience: Master
Platform: Sierra Chart, X_Trader Pro, OptionsCity
Broker: Advantage, Trading Technologies, OptionsCity, IQ Feed
Trading: CL, NG
Thanks Given: 1,713
Thanks Received: 3,863

GaryD View Post
OK, I am getting somewhere now. Thanks @Private Banker, @josh.

For the TPO chart, if you hold the control button down and click on the right side price column, you can drag the width of the screen out so the numbers aren't all crunched together.

Thanked by:

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Big Mike View Post
CME fee waiver should include the $76 for Nymex.

What broker are you using with NinjaTrader? I imagine they are supported with Sierra Chart. So it's not fair to say one is more expensive than the other if you are not comparing apples-to-apples. You could likely use your free broker feed in Sierra if you wanted.

Mike

Silver Dragon View Post
Agree with @josh assessment. Solid platform. Biggest complaint; Very tedious to setup (same as josh- I am lazy and want my instant gratification!) but once you get past that it is great to use. IMO Sierra's chart trader blows NT's away. Being able to see and adjust your stops/targets on the chart before the order is executed is awesome. The trade statistics are far more detailed as well and dare I say more accurate. Just my 2 cents..

Robert

josh View Post
lol, you would have the same experience if you were going from Sierra to NT. NT is not easier, it's just very familiar to most people....

It's fast, it's reliable, new functions come out all the time, new builds are about two per week. When there is a bug in SC, it gets fixed, and if they don't have time or don't want to, they tell you, instead of saying "We will add this to our request list" when they really mean "The list has hundreds of requests from years back and yet we have no intention of ever doing anything about it" like some vendors do.

In fact, just about everything is customizable, down to minute details about a chart's appearance. You can have a left scale, change the border color, show/hide region dividing lines, customize the text along the top line of a chart, and just about anything else. In fact, for every time I've wanted to customize something and couldn't, it was simply that I had not yet found the option.

greenr View Post
Ninja trader sucks........end of story

Get sierra Gary 100%

Get out that comfort zone for the better

Ok, I think I am getting the hint... Damn peer pressure...

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,752
Thanks Received: 18,136

Looking good Gary!

Last Updated on August 5, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts