NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Like a turtle to his balcony...

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one GaryD with 1,625 posts (688 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 67 posts (106 thanks)
    3. looks_3 greenr with 51 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Deucalion with 28 posts (77 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Deucalion with 2.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two josh with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 greenr with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 GaryD with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 227,000 views
    2. thumb_up 1,158 thanks given
    3. group 36 followers
    1. forum 1,905 posts
    2. attach_file 1,043 attachments

Search this Thread

Like a turtle to his balcony...

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Experience: None
Platform: shoes
Trading: happy

GaryD View Post
Ahhhh! Then "lol" ... but I deleted it.

No, not laughing... shameful, that I do not always allow myself to not care about the outcome.

Or rather, my mind argues that I have to care, in the fact that it is a goal, or maybe better, a focus. And yet not be hindered when it goes against me, not to allow that to change my opinion, no, position, the next time...

Where is the Smilie for this emotion?

That was what went through my mind as I waited for a swing trade to work out. The "Ahhhhh" part is lack of patience and dealing with the unknown for longer periods of time. The "lol" was faking that I was kidding about being nervous and impatient.

But, I sat through it, went to bed and let it ride. My stop was too tight, I would have done better to leave the stop where it was when I entered and make the market take me out, one side or the other.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

The ES kept up a 5-wave/correct pattern like clockwork, until now, going for an extended run? ES has CL on a tight leash recently...

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Silver has an intriguing pattern. If the first little hump breaks to the upside...

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Beer-thirty... 8:30pm for me, but glad it is that time of day. And I brought my beer to my trading desk tonight, to sit and watch the market do little or nothing, or digest my new screen layout with two less screens than I once had, they sit in the corner with the cords wrapped up, backups maybe, but not wanted anymore.

And it feels good to have reclaimed something I had lost for awhile; a love of watching the market. I sit here looking at the 1 minute chart, reliving certain moments as if the chart were photographs of today's activity. Trying to decide if I am coming to the market a buyer or seller tomorrow, or if I know yet, and if not deciding what would define that for me in advance. At this moment, I remain a buyer, but if this zone breaks I am not attached to that side.

The buying at the lower end was strong, creating the feeling that I have backup around the 92.70-93.00 range, defining my potential risk a little better, or possibly giving me a chance to get in at a make or break point for a high RR. This 93 area has W4 potential, theoretically one of the easiest waves to define entry, risk and reward. Assuming I would hold overnight, through weekends, etc. But still, having some idea where it is going from here doesn't hurt me in my 15 minute rides.

I had at least 3 trades hit 20-30 ticks and then come back on me today, and while it is not my first choice, it did not frustrate me. By giving the trade that freedom, I also liberate it to go as far as it wants. That concept of trying to predict the future can be maddening to someone who wants to understand and engineer everything to perfection.

ES is in a place I do not understand very well... That has me taking a step back. It tried to make Wave C but was refused at 1380. I am leaving the chart analysis of ES up for awhile, need to make some more room for a shorter timeframe ES.

I did not look at a chart for months, and was always worried that taking time off would cause me to lose something I had learned. But, like riding a bicycle, or for me more like skiing, the time away could be years and in a few days I am at 90% of where I once was. And in this activity at least, much, much clearer. More relaxed. Less intense. Still feeling issues related to uncertainty, but now more from a position of knowing that is ok. There is nothing wrong with not knowing. There is nothing wrong with being wrong. Making or losing money, within limits, does not change that much in regards to what matters to me.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

GaryD View Post

The ES kept up a 5-wave/correct pattern like clockwork, until now, going for an extended run? ES has CL on a tight leash recently...

According to Sting, ES is in the love wave?

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Seriously, if I look at ES as being in W7... 5 is more common, but 7 happens... what would a correction look like from that? A retest of 1380? A washout of 1340? Consolidation around 1450?

Cl may have broken free...

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

josh View Post
A very brief part 2:

Today crude basically balanced in the upper distribution from yesterday. This is not particularly bearish, but the fact that it could not get above yesterday's high this afternoon either is not particularly bullish. Since Monday's high has been rejected, a move to Monday's lows at 96 might very well be in play, as you are looking for, but since even the VPOC at 96.27 from yesterday could not be tested, a move to the upside is not unexpected either. In short, today was a balanced day, and the market in my very humble opinion has a decent chance of breaking out of this balance to either side (perhaps more to the upside given the context of the day trading in the upper portion of Monday's range, having already found major support at 96). Anyway, hope this trade works out for you Gary!

Now that I have been watching MP for awhile I am getting your language a little better. And @greenr's as well. MP provides a reference basis that is daily, helping to give better definition to chaos and/or expectation. Obviously still just watching, not getting anything from it. But allowing the concept and the visual to sink in. The indicator I have used really drags on my resources though. I may be doing something wrong. I did set Calculate on bar Close back to True, and that helped a lot, but it is still a memory hog. Any thoughts?

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

GaryD View Post

The boundaries of Zone 2 held nicely so far. Seemed so far away then...

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

This is a SIMULATED test of something. I expect to be right 33% of the time.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Last Updated on August 5, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts