NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Like a turtle to his balcony...

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one GaryD with 1,625 posts (688 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 67 posts (106 thanks)
    3. looks_3 greenr with 51 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Deucalion with 28 posts (77 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Deucalion with 2.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two josh with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 greenr with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 GaryD with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 225,804 views
    2. thumb_up 1,158 thanks given
    3. group 36 followers
    1. forum 1,905 posts
    2. attach_file 1,043 attachments

Search this Thread

Like a turtle to his balcony...

greenr 
london/england

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra charts, NinjaTrader, VK Trader
Broker: CQG, AMP, VK, Kinetick
Trading: CL/6E/TF/ES
Thanks Given: 562
Thanks Received: 1,280

GaryD View Post
yes, wanted something to review this weekend

Was you using this before

If not worth a try possibly when your trial has ended

" I will follow my rules, I will take my stops, I will be disciplined and i will work with the market....NOT AGAINST IT! Professional mind control is the key"
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Experience: None
Platform: shoes
Trading: happy

Just as I was getting so comfortable with dropping two monitors, my latest crush on Market Profile has left me with no room to move on the 3 monitor setup I was so proud of.

If I am going to trade live, I feel like I need what I "know", and that involves look, colors, chart size, everything really. Having jockeyed my setup across the US, using various hotel televisions as makeshift trade desks, I know that even something as superficial as screen resolution can change the "feel" for me. And, I admit, I am too "feely" of a trader. I know now a lot more of why...

I have not been a big fan of changing indicators for quite some time. I would mess with them, but always felt I was creating a disadvantage. And, indicators are only as good as the past anyway. The core concept is Up or Down, not that complex.

I came back to trading this time with a minimal setup. no range charts, no RSI, just combined a few things I knew on a 1 minute chart, used whatever timeframe I liked, zooming out to daily and into 10 minute to define SR, watched volume, and let her fly. Part of it was being ready for a fresh start. The other part, purity. Trading is not where near as complicated as the mind allows it to be. Emotion, motivation, ego...

I really am liking the concept of Market Profile, after having studied it briefly and turning away previously. What I just picked up recently about it, is that it combines the best information that is out there regarding trade; STRUCTURE AND VOLUME. In fact, it blurs the lines between the two.

I printed out a chapter from a PDF of Mind over Markets, and went through about 40 pages with a highlighter, spreading charts across my kitchen countertop to sort them differently than the book had.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Having watched the market like a mad-man for over 5 years (and I say that with great hesitation), I felt I had started to develop a sense of market movement, personality, expectation. But what I did not get until just recently is that I allowed that data to just reside in my head, with certain labels, but no real definition or structure.

Priinting out those maket profile charts, then having it start to sink in that these are patterns and behaviors that I already know very intimately, but now am offered a way to define and organize that information in ways I had not even considered. There are seven types of days, for example? WTF? News to me. And in the book I am reading, that is "Novice" level.

And that made me smile. That gave me adrenaline. That humbled me, and inspired me.

What once seemed like an over-abundance of information to choose from in the path of learning to trade, has been set on a course of, understanding what I want to learn, and why.

If anyone reads this thread, and it has intentionally been designed so it will not be overly encouraging ( I get self-conscious), that statement may not seem that significant. But I can say with complete assuredness that to me it is groundbreaking.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

And, as I wait to pick my wife up from a Pink concert, @Big Mike, seeing futures.io (formerly BMT) after a long break, and seeing how it has changed over time, my brother-from-another-mother, you have a cool place here. I scrolled through the titles of trading education videos, as if it were the Netflix of trading. And the things you are sending in motion will be historical. Beautiful Mike.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

"Oil in New York has technical resistance along its 50-day moving average, around $93.62 a barrel today, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Futures halted a rebound near this indicator on Feb. 22. Sell orders tend to be clustered close to chart-resistance levels.

Iran’s revenue from crude sales has declined because of the sanctions, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said in a speech aired on state television Feb. 23. The nation says its nuclear program is for civilian energy and medical research, while the U.S., the European Union, and other members of the United Nations Security Council suspect it has a covert atomic weapons program.

Recent discoveries of uranium resources have almost tripled Iran’s reserves of the radioactive fuel to 4,400 tons, the Islamic Republic News Agency reported Feb. 23, citing Fereidoon Abbasi, the head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran.

The Persian Gulf nation is installing more advanced centrifuges that will multiply its uranium enrichment capability, the United Nations’ International Atomic Energy Agency reported last week, adding that it was unable to conclude that all material was intended for peaceful purposes."

- BLOOMBERG

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Need a reason to buy...

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

1 off +15

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Out #2 +28. Have a conference call.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Trying to watch a volume ladder again today, but it is so much work on my eyes, back and forth.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Last Updated on August 5, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts