NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Like a turtle to his balcony...

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one GaryD with 1,625 posts (688 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 67 posts (106 thanks)
    3. looks_3 greenr with 51 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Deucalion with 28 posts (77 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Deucalion with 2.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two josh with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 greenr with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 GaryD with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 225,981 views
    2. thumb_up 1,158 thanks given
    3. group 36 followers
    1. forum 1,905 posts
    2. attach_file 1,043 attachments

Search this Thread

Like a turtle to his balcony...

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Experience: None
Platform: shoes
Trading: happy

ES offered a nice day to go long. Never could take out A

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Pimped my avatar some. It was between that and a meditating frog.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Long trades are not that fun. That is part of the problem. Not just in that they are not exciting, or entertainig, but they actually bring discomfort. We do not like uncertainty.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

This is a MP imprint I don't get yet. It has a single print section that suggest it will see repair. But it also ran headfirst into a major resistance zone and did it with a trend-type day. I have had several occassions of my trade understanding fighting with MP, and this is one of them. I would have shorted CL hard if I saw the same thing and ES would turn, but it wouldn't... Some days I have almost despised ES when it would not let CL do it's thing. Not today. Today I just accepted that ES was going to blow the high and I was a day early, if right at all. Not only is there the right setup in the right area, but there is the right time of day to do it in.

The day type says there should be buyers ready to react. The higher view says this is a make or break area. My hunch, wish maybe, is down. But it will do what it does. IF it moves down, the target is 88.50. The 94.50 area, spreading itself across at least a 50 tick swath, could stay a topic for awhile. It is one of those places. The last time I felt this strong was the last major bottom in crude. The shitty part is, that does not mean it will happen. That part you never know, but the where, is here.

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,752
Thanks Received: 18,136

GaryD View Post
This is a MP imprint I don't get yet. It has a single print section that suggest it will see repair.

I guess most all areas of low activity (single prints included) eventually "fill in" or "repair," but who knows when that will be? Sometimes we will have a low activity price range that is traded through multiple times, continuing to reject, but I don't know if there is an implication that it needs to be "repaired." Actually this is something I've been curious about recently. Maybe @Private Banker can give his $0.02 on this topic, I would love to hear it.

Thanked by:

Private Banker 
La Jolla, CA

Experience: Master
Platform: Sierra Chart, X_Trader Pro, OptionsCity
Broker: Advantage, Trading Technologies, OptionsCity, IQ Feed
Trading: CL, NG
Thanks Given: 1,713
Thanks Received: 3,863

GaryD View Post

This is a MP imprint I don't get yet. It has a single print section that suggest it will see repair. But it also ran headfirst into a major resistance zone and did it with a trend-type day. I have had several occassions of my trade understanding fighting with MP, and this is one of them. I would have shorted CL hard if I saw the same thing and ES would turn, but it wouldn't... Some days I have almost despised ES when it would not let CL do it's thing. Not today. Today I just accepted that ES was going to blow the high and I was a day early, if right at all. Not only is there the right setup in the right area, but there is the right time of day to do it in.

The day type say there should be buyers ready to react. The higher view says this is a make or break area. My hunch, wish maybe, is down. But it will do what it does. IF it moves down, the target is 88.50. The 94.50 area, spreading itself across at least a 50 tick swath, could stay a topic for awhile. It is one of those places. The last time I felt this strong was the last major bottom in crude. They shitty part is, that does not mean it will happen. That part you never know, but the where, is here.

The single prints can be filled in but when a market moves fast through an area like that, it can provide a similar fast move in the other direction. As Josh mentioned, not all areas will be repaired. What I like to do when there are two clear distributions in a profile is split out the afternoon distribution and almost treat it as another session. Reason being, there's really nothing in between. Obviously balance equals acceptance and single prints are rejection areas which is why its helpful to split the profile out in that way to provide more reference for the next session. Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanked by:

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

GaryD View Post
I started to see that open zone in CL that reappeared 4x recently, and had thought before that 94.50 was the line for staying short, so today has been a long story unwinding for me. If if were not 2pm I would be short as hell right now.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Private Banker View Post
The single prints can be filled in but when a market moves fast through an area like that, it can provide a similar fast move in the other direction. As Josh mentioned, not all areas will be repaired. What I like to do when there are two clear distributions in a profile is split out the afternoon distribution and almost treat it as another session. Reason being, there's really nothing in between. Obviously balance equals acceptance and single prints are rejection areas which is why its helpful to split the profile out in that way to provide more reference for the next session. Hopefully that makes sense.

Yes, that does make perfect sense to me. I don't know if you saw that I did the opposite at the recent bracket, merging the profiles. What are your thoughts on that?

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Private Banker View Post
Obviously balance equals acceptance and single prints are rejection areas which is why its helpful to split the profile out in that way to provide more reference for the next session. Hopefully that makes sense.

In that case what do you do with F period? My thought on this situation is that since the day type is "trend", go with that sentiment on the singe prints of F. Assuming competition drove it higher at that speed. The only caveat to that being that there is competition in short covering. But, I guess they are competing with other buyers regardless?

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

shorted the Y close area, one off. I am going to lean on the H&S theory until proven wrong. Intermediate trenline held at the open, which is against me, but there are two big event today and I am expecting somewhat contained movement ahaead of that. Opening in the singles of the DD day and returning to the approx PM split value area...

I also got a bar that I am starting to understand on VL.

And, a part of me is a little disappointed that I could not short yesterday, the plague of wanting to relive a trade. (I can tell also because of the 2 entries, the first was impatient.) But I am aware of that and still am ok. The rejection was 1 tick above the LSP, and price came off 100 ticks overnight, in my mind rejecting that afternoon value.

Last Updated on August 5, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts