NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Like a turtle to his balcony...

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one GaryD with 1,625 posts (688 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 67 posts (106 thanks)
    3. looks_3 greenr with 51 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Deucalion with 28 posts (77 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Deucalion with 2.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two josh with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 greenr with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 GaryD with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 225,981 views
    2. thumb_up 1,158 thanks given
    3. group 36 followers
    1. forum 1,905 posts
    2. attach_file 1,043 attachments

Search this Thread

Like a turtle to his balcony...

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Experience: None
Platform: shoes
Trading: happy

will they find the sellers up there??

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

missed

Cancelled

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

going through the close

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Finished down today, after holding a trade to a decent profit and then allowing to come back to breakeven. But I am going to continue to work with this concept. I did some more review today, saw where I am not understanding a few more things, made some chart changes to make me focus only on what I am trying to focus on... May go to sim. If I get to where I give back what I gained since I started back, that will be the trigger.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

I edited the indicator to change the numbers to black, and then watched a video by @Private Banker to see if his color settings are easier on me than @greenr's. (I noticed white screens are less likely to give me headaches after long periods.)

I did not really notice this until after I made my own version, even though it seems ridiculously obvious, that his color scheme reduces colors to only one; red.

Zen.

Private Banker 
La Jolla, CA

Experience: Master
Platform: Sierra Chart, X_Trader Pro, OptionsCity
Broker: Advantage, Trading Technologies, OptionsCity, IQ Feed
Trading: CL, NG
Thanks Given: 1,713
Thanks Received: 3,863

GaryD View Post
I edited the indicator to change the numbers to black, and then watched a video by @Private Banker to see if his color settings are easier on me than @greenr's. (I noticed white screens are less likely to give me headaches after long periods.)

I did not really notice this until after I made my own version, even though it seems ridiculously obvious, that his color scheme reduces colors to only one; red.

Zen.

You got it right there. I changed my color scheme to provide clarity obviously but also use colors that aren't stressful if that makes any sense. Trading can be stressful enough, lol! I'll admit I'm a bit artsy with everything in my life and really like clean modern looking things. This is my interpretation of what I like on to my charts.

I used to stare at black screens all day and it just destroyed my vision and then one day, I just decided I didn't have to deal with that anymore and changed everything to how it is currently. It makes a big difference in my opinion.

Thanked by:

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

josh View Post
lol, you would have the same experience if you were going from Sierra to NT. NT is not easier, it's just very familiar to most people.

...... (long technical explanation that I printed out today...)

Now I have officially gushed. Sorry for the long post, but this should get you started if you are willing. Sorry to derail, let me know if you have any questions.

greenr View Post
Ninja trader sucks........end of story

Get sierra Gary 100%

Get out that comfort zone for the better

My phone has only rung twice today, the market is closed. I am going to attempt to setup Sierra Charts.

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Private Banker View Post
You got it right there. I changed my color scheme to provide clarity obviously but also use colors that aren't stressful if that makes any sense. Trading can be stressful enough, lol! I'll admit I'm a bit artsy with everything in my life and really like clean modern looking things. This is my interpretation of what I like on to my charts.

I used to stare at black screens all day and it just destroyed my vision and then one day, I just decided I didn't have to deal with that anymore and changed everything to how it is currently. It makes a big difference in my opinion.

I started with black backgrounds believing they were easier on my eyes, but now have experienced that they really they are harder on me.

I was on a mission to understand a volume ladder.

After I had your colors on MY charts (sounds like it would not be different), it took a different meaning. Simplicity. I have now recreated most of your charts since I did that, looked through them at what they do, how they might work together, saved as templates. This is my favorite so far:

They feel weird, and my guess is I will eventually shape them some, but I am questioning and rebuilding a lot of things so discomfort is expected. They are extremely uncluttered to me when trying to see "value", although I am not sure what I am doing with that yet... lol!

Still working through Jim Dalton material, fell asleep with my laptop last night.

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,752
Thanks Received: 18,136

GaryD View Post
I started with black backgrounds believing they were easier on my eyes, but now have experienced that they really they are harder on me.

I have on several occasions in the last couple of years tried to work with black backgrounds, because they look "cool" when I see others' charts. But they always look so different on my own screen. I have given them an honest try and concluded that the eye strain is just too much. I had success with an RGB of 50,50,50 to tone down the blackness, which was quite nice, but a 252,252,252 background with normal colors and black text is just so easy on the eyes. For those who turn from a black to a white/neutral background, at first it seems like it's way too bright, just like walking out of Plato's cave and into the sun would give one a temporary blindness because it's too bright, but that's just because of the contrast.

Thanked by:

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

It's going to be a long weekend

Last Updated on August 5, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts