NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Learning to trade the ES using volume profiling

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Profiler with 414 posts (374 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 64 posts (77 thanks)
    3. looks_3 COTtrader with 26 posts (15 thanks)
    4. looks_4 garyboy275 with 25 posts (15 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Private Banker with 4.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two josh with 1.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 trendisyourfriend with 1.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Profiler with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 97,081 views
    2. thumb_up 604 thanks given
    3. group 52 followers
    1. forum 625 posts
    2. attach_file 557 attachments

Search this Thread

Learning to trade the ES using volume profiling

ElSenorMosquito
Manhattan, NY

Thanks Given: 34
Thanks Received: 24

Right now is the exact time where you can make (albeit painful) leaps and bounds in your trading. Make the most of this moment.

Best of luck to you sir.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Ddawg 
Phoenix Arizona

Experience: Beginner
Platform: MotiveWave
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 325
Thanks Received: 162

Hi Profiler, I am sorry you had such a tough day. In your defence that was an amazing move off the open. almost 19 handles in the first 20 min.! Who knows, maybe the volatility of 08 is coming back.

I was thinking, have you had a chance to look at your strategy/results within the context of volume/volatility? August is a notoriously slow month, and maybe that has caused some problems for you. Fridays results could be written off to a black swan type of day (IMHO), but I also know that sometimes the mental and emotional beating is far tougher to come back from.

I too hope you will continue journaling and wish you all the best.

Ddawg

Thanked by:
 Ignawin 
Prague, Czech Republic

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: EB
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 18

Profiler:

BigMike has put it the right way. Im just writing this post to encourage you to keep on posting. Personally, I've been checking your journal (not kidding) every single day, before and after trading.

I can't imagine how tough it is for you to post publically, as I'm not posting such journal myself, though I do believe those posts make you a better trader. It just takes balls to publish your analysis & results every single day, no matter what. It does.

In the end, it's your decision, so if you decide to keep things private, I'd like to thank you at least this way for your sincerity & most importantly the time you've put into this journal.

Regards
I.

Thanked by:

kronie 
NYC + NY / USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: "I trade, therefore, I AM!"; Theme Song: "Atomic Dog!"
Trading: EMD, 6J, ZB

I searched through this thread, and somehow missed or overlooked seeing how to configure a workspace and chart series similar to what you're using, so that one could follow you on this endeavour. Is there a shopping list of indicators, settings or whatever, just to get started and up to speed?

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

kronie View Post
I searched through this thread, and somehow missed or overlooked seeing how to configure a workspace and chart series similar

I am not sure if you realize he is not using NinjaTrader.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

kronie 
NYC + NY / USA

Platform: "I trade, therefore, I AM!"; Theme Song: "Atomic Dog!"
Trading: EMD, 6J, ZB

josh View Post
Profiler, thanks for starting the thread. You seem to have a great attitude. Welcome to futures.io (formerly BMT), it's a great community here.

@Profiler, @josh

I too want to thank you for this thread, we at times, during our metamorphisis, should we survive, is to attain nirvana or the ability to claim, what you have done!, namely bank bucks, as we say on Wall Street.

I don't know many traders that honestly wouldn't like to say they trade 6,000 contracts daily in the most liquid of instruments, they have access to, whether its the ES, FESX, FGBL, FDAX or CL.

Thanks again for sharing this thread, because if @isla, had not brought it up again, perhaps the value of this thread would have gone missing. There are those that suggest that the HFT's and other scalp mad gamblers of the markets provided some social benefit in that they "added liquidity". They lined their pockets by short circuiting the very nature of the exchange markets, to the tune of billions siphoned away from normalized trading and practical value traders. The notion that progress would have eventually led to those levels is another side show distraction they use to deflect the arguements too.

Perhaps we can all recast ourselves and return to the heady days of working 4 hours and banking bucks!

Here, here!

Last Updated on September 20, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts